5 25.00%
  • 9/10

8 40.00%
  • 10/10

7 35.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While this is true, it was also to be expected. Qin's whole plan was rushing for Retsubi and taking it. SHK expecting completely overwhelmed Zhao to send their own troops to siege their own easy-defendable-city back instead of waiting for Qin on the way in favorable positions would be stupid. Especially if SHK guessed right that no competent Zhao general would make it in time to lead the counterstrike.
    well... it doesn't need to be like that imo. Ousen is a very cautious general that he managed to get info about Yan attacking Zhao when it is more or less completely on the other side of the map. I think it's fair to assume that Ousen has some sort of spy networks to watch over Zhao's own movement (the same way Riboku has some to watch over Qin's). It doesn't need to be "Zhao coming to attack their own great defendable city" but the fact that Riboku army didn't really go into their favorable position to attack Qin.

Unlike normal battle, Qin can't really just abandon Retsubi or their own plan to attack Gyou.
    Losing Retsubi = losing supply route = game over
    Abort attacking Gyou = Qin attacking less important area of Zhao = Zhao won't fall
    Waiting in Retsubi = give plenty of time to Riboku = losing the meaning of the blitz attack in the first place

Riboku can just sit his ass somewhere quite near that has a lot of option to move. With that alone, he will check Qin's army because they can't move well. Going straight to Gyou and Kantan will result on their supply routes being broken, staying in Retsubi itself is risky, while coming to attack Riboku will play directly into what Zhao wants (for the battle to be dragged longer and Zhao capital is saved).

While I assume the supply problem as well, it would be out of character for SHK not to thinks about this over year. They have to take Retsubi, then Gyou and then hold it for three years while fighting for Kantan while keeping the supply chain up all the time. While having an increasing risk of Wei/Chu/both taking their shot.
    well... they did think about it for a year, but wasn't there some sort of discussion/scene with SBK and the rest about how
    "we can't really move when we need to have this supply route, let's just abandon the supply route and deal with it"
    http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/11/13.../img000006.png
    http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/11/13.../img000007.png
    http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/11/13.../img000008.png
    http://img.bato.to/comics/2016/11/13.../img000009.png

i think the best they can come up with is that fake supply route to Kokuyou and revolving the supply route around Retsubi

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Unlike normal battle, Qin can't really just abandon Retsubi or their own plan to attack Gyou.
    Losing Retsubi = losing supply route = game over
    Abort attacking Gyou = Qin attacking less important area of Zhao = Zhao won't fall
    Waiting in Retsubi = give plenty of time to Riboku = losing the meaning of the blitz attack in the first place
    I'm not really sure what you mean by that, at least compared to the battles/arcs we have seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    i think the best they can come up with is that fake supply route to Kokuyou and revolving the supply route around Retsubi
    Let's say Retsubi isn't as great as a hoarding point for supplies as they thought... since they would have to hold the line even if Retsubi was a beast of a city with the risk of a huge Zhao compartment striking days away from it, it really begs the question how much of a difference in manpower it makes.

I wasn't really expecting anything great when I read the chapter but everyone's responses have got me intrigued

I'm kind of hoping we skip to the Ordo/Shibashou scene soon though I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post

I'm kind of hoping we skip to the Ordo/Shibashou scene soon though I don't see it happening.
    I can see this being a one panel flashback where the mountain peeps are dragging Ordo's unconscious body back to Yan
    The Gift of Jericho, Drink it in maaaaaannnnnn!!!!

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Seems like everyone's theory on how Qin would be using the yellow river as a supply line is going to be true judging by this panel:

Also sorry about not putting this inside of a 'show spoiler' thingy, I haven't quite figured out how to do that just yet.
    Last edited by Li_Xin; 03-17-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Li_Xin View Post
    Seems like everyone's theory on how Qin would be using the yellow river as a supply line is going to be true judging by this panel:

Also sorry about not putting this inside of a 'show spoiler' thingy, I haven't quite figured out how to do that just yet.
    [.Spoiler] [./Spoiler]

just without the dots

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

"everyone's" theory?

this isn't a staff deal young gay, gimme mein due

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I can see this being a one panel flashback where the mountain peeps are dragging Ordo's unconscious body back to Yan
    Please no

Guys, I can be lazy here, because it's so obvious to me that the fault of OUSEN was simply having lost the focus of attacking GYO quickly and having parked in RETSUBI

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Dono View Post
    Guys, I can be lazy here, because it's so obvious to me that the fault of OUSEN was simply having lost the focus of attacking GYO quickly and having parked in RETSUBI
    hwat? they took Retsubi in half a day and Ousen's inspecting it so it won't bite them back in the ass when they use it as a pivot for supplies