Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 117
  1. #41
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    36,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Boss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's your metric for forgiveness? Do you believe a rapist, at face value, is truly sorry for what he's done if he just says it? What if there's a discrepancy between how he feels and what he does and he still does it again?

    Not to mention, White specifically used the example of a daughter just to outline how utterly ridiculous a principal of outright forgiveness applies in real life, which isn't so black and white.

    Some people are just scum. I doubt any of you would act collected and truly forgive somebody who wronged someone you love as you say in a hypothetical situation. If not, you've got your head in the clouds or you're completely spineless.
    If anybody touched an hypothetical daughter I'd be the first one to hang him by the feet.

    But this doesn't mean I'd have any right to do that. I'd be to blame as much as him.


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anybody touched an hypothetical daughter I'd be the first one to hang him by the feet.

    But this doesn't mean I'd have any right to do that. I'd be to blame as much as him.
    no you wouldnt

    some crimes are obviously way worse than others
    i woulndt even call doing that to a rapist a crime

  3. #43
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,036
    Hmm... I was bullied when I was a kid, traveled a lot so racism/nationalism (or whatever you wanna call it) happened to me. From getting beat up to pure discrimination from teachers etc...

    After entering the first year of highschool and realizing my body wasn't weak, I was just simply a chicken... I manned up and got stronger mentally and physically.

    So as a guy who was bullied and later protected people from being bullied... I can tell you one thing. If you can stop a bully (physical violence) then by all means yes you should. If you get a chance to kick his ass, by all means you should...

    However, if it's something along the lines of rape and some seriously bad stuff... Giving him the same treatment will literally traumatize them if not get them to commit suicide. You want to save a person, not kill them. Normal bullies in schools and stuff just need a taste of their own medicine to stop doing what they do... That's how I did it, and it worked roughly 80% of the time.
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  4. #44
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    36,818
    Quote Originally Posted by p̶ɐ̶p̶ɐ̶⅁␚!ᖉө̶ө̶p̶ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no you wouldnt

    some crimes are obviously way worse than others
    i woulndt even call doing that to a rapist a crime
    Stop coming to save Ultra's buttocks every time.

    I want to see if that pustule can sustain a conversation by himself, or if he's gonna stay hidden under your gowns all the times one knocks at his door.


  5. #45
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,036
    There is another approach of course... Depending on your beliefs and religions... Some religions punish things harsher than others... For example killing an innocent person results in an execution etc... Rape also results in execution... In other religions it might be completely OK to do either.

    It all depends on where you live and what you believe in (religion)
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  6. #46
    It's High Noon McCree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,845
    You can never really know if someone if 100% true in their sentiments in any regard. It also isn't about remorse in any regard. Our goal when dealin with a rapist should not necessarily be to make him feel remorse for his actions. Someone who is mentally unstable enough to harm someone in such a way is almost certainly not in a state of mind where they will ever be truly remorseful. It's about rehabilitation. Not about punishment. If making someone feel remorseful about their actions is a secondary act upon rehabilitating someone, then better to those methods. Worrying about if someone will relapse on their rehabilitation and recommit a crime doesn't imply that the idea of rehabilitation is necessarily flawed, but the specific methods of rehabilitation are flawed and need to be addressed and improved upon. It's the old idea that we'd save money in a society that poured money in mental health treatments and the like would be better off in a vast range of issues.

    To me, it's not about forgiveness. So I'm not gonna discuss this next point.

    People who are scum got there in some manner. They have genetics and environmental factors that influence their opinions. Again, instead of just saying "people are scum" (which is in fact about as black and white statement there is, In regards to you're second paragraph), why not pour funding instead researching what parts of their genetics and or upbringing makes them tick like that. Better than pouring money into an ineffective justice system and brutal prison institution.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop coming to save Ultra's buttocks every time.

    I want to see if that pustule can sustain a conversation by himself, or if he's gonna stay hidden under your gowns all the times one knocks at his door.
    i didnt come to save anyones ass, this is my own opinion
    rape is simply a disgusting unforgivable act, i could forgive a murderer but never a rapist. you beating a rapist could be considered bad but no where near as bad as rape

    pustule lol?
    what happened between u two, i didnt know u hated ultra

  8. #48
    It's High Noon McCree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,845
    Yeah cause I'd totally do that. What about my position or person implies this scenario would unfold on this manner in any sort of way?

    Or are you just talking out you're ass, seems to be the norm.

  9. #49
    Zutto zutto zutto zutto Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,920
    We just talking normal people who don't suffer mental disabilities doing things like hurting others and raping? Or are we...


    Wait. Wasn't this thread about bullying?
    Not everyone who works hard is rewarded! However, all those who succeed have worked hard!




  10. #50
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    36,818
    Quote Originally Posted by p̶ɐ̶p̶ɐ̶⅁␚!ᖉө̶ө̶p̶ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i didnt come to save anyones ass, this is my own opinion
    rape is simply a disgusting unforgivable act, i could forgive a murderer but never a rapist. you beating a rapist could be considered bad but no where near as bad as rape

    pustule lol?
    what happened between u two, i didnt know u hated ultra
    Even if it's arguable, I find rape way worse than murder myself. But this is just me and my opinion. It doesn't mean I can go and judge, kill or rape back a rapist because he's a rapist.

    I wouldn't waste time with him if I hated him, actually, much less calling him out. But I'd like to test the limits of his trolling.


  11. #51
    bode expiatório Kaang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,818
    I'm so tired of seeing this thread title, what kind of sissy question is this.

  12. #52
    It's High Noon McCree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,845
    It was, devolved into basically the same ethical question but involving a more serious crime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In retrospect though, I don't think their is complete turnover between the two subjects.

    At least in regards to my argument, a person who is bullying is obviously not experiencing the same sort of mental illness or internal struggle as someone who commits rape.

  13. #53
    Magistrate of Hentai Ccrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,702
    why the fuck is everyone talking about rape? i thought this thread was about bullying?
    boring generic sig, courtesy of the staff


    also, fuck you Great Potato. fuck you

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by McCree View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was, devolved into basically the same ethical question but involving a more serious crime.

    - - - Updated - - -

    In retrospect though, I don't think their is complete turnover between the two subjects.

    At least in regards to my argument, a person who is bullying is obviously not experiencing the same sort of mental illness or internal struggle as someone who commits rape.
    wtf dude


    are you some kind of rape apologist

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if it's arguable, I find rape way worse than murder myself. But this is just me and my opinion. It doesn't mean I can go and judge, kill or rape back a rapist because he's a rapist.

    I wouldn't waste time with him if I hated him, actually, much less calling him out. But I'd like to test the limits of his trolling.
    im saying that if you beat kill or even rape the rapist you still wouldnt be as bad as teh rapist cause u had valid reasons to do so

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by McCree View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can never really know if someone if 100% true in their sentiments in any regard. It also isn't about remorse in any regard. Our goal when dealin with a rapist should not necessarily be to make him feel remorse for his actions. Someone who is mentally unstable enough to harm someone in such a way is almost certainly not in a state of mind where they will ever be truly remorseful. It's about rehabilitation. Not about punishment. If making someone feel remorseful about their actions is a secondary act upon rehabilitating someone, then better to those methods. Worrying about if someone will relapse on their rehabilitation and recommit a crime doesn't imply that the idea of rehabilitation is necessarily flawed, but the specific methods of rehabilitation are flawed and need to be addressed and improved upon. It's the old idea that we'd save money in a society that poured money in mental health treatments and the like would be better off in a vast range of issues.
    This is a coherent and sensible position. At no point in Rex's ramblings did he say anything remotely close to this? We positioned him into admitting he'd forgive his daughter's rapist straight after receiving the news, from the rapist himself. Do you not consider that absurd and, if you know Rex, hilarious?

    It feels like you agreed with his sentiment and made the illogical leap that your stance on this issue was under attack.

    How egocentric of you.

    To me, it's not about forgiveness. So I'm not gonna discuss this next point.

    People who are scum got there in some manner. They have genetics and environmental factors that influence their opinions. Again, instead of just saying "people are scum" (which is in fact about as black and white statement there is, In regards to you're second paragraph), why not pour funding instead researching what parts of their genetics and or upbringing makes them tick like that. Better than pouring money into an ineffective justice system and brutal prison institution
    And I'm the contrarian? You're insinuating that we should abolish the long standing institution of prison because of your hardline adherence to "Fedora Philosophy".

    Our justice system does have flaws, and that's a discussion for another day.

    Bottom line, what I ridiculed is the illlogical extremes Rex is taking the principal of forgiveness to (and you are defending). You seem to now be obscuring this in sensible but unrelated points. No, no, no. Defend what Rex, your little boy genius, said
    Last edited by Ultra Boss; 03-06-2017 at 02:34 PM.

  16. #56
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    36,818
    Quote Originally Posted by p̶ɐ̶p̶ɐ̶⅁␚!ᖉө̶ө̶p̶ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im saying that if you beat kill or even rape the rapist you still wouldnt be as bad as teh rapist cause u had valid reasons to do so
    He rapes your daughter to satisfy a necessity and/or because under a strong emotional impulse.

    You kill him to satisfy a necessity and/or because under a strong emotional impulse.

    You tell me the differences.


  17. #57
    Magistrate of Hentai Ccrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He rapes your daughter to satisfy a necessity and/or because under a strong emotional impulse.

    You kill him to satisfy a necessity and/or because under a strong emotional impulse.

    You tell me the differences.
    dont feed in to the trolling, crispy.


    also it seems that GP is trolling you again
    boring generic sig, courtesy of the staff


    also, fuck you Great Potato. fuck you

  18. #58
    I dont understand, are we the crazy ones for not forgiving someone who would rape our hypothetical daughters? Are there any real men left on this forum or are there only lemons now?

  19. #59
    It's High Noon McCree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,845
    When did I ever say that post was to defend his position?

    Stop assuming things please. I was answering you're questions.

    Things aren't black and white as you already insinuated.

    My post defending Rex was on defense of his general stance. I simply alluded to the fact that I believe he is GENERALLY in the correct position. I didn't read all his posts in this thread, nor do I have to to get his basic idea and take a RELATIVELY similar stance to his.

    I even purposefully pulled the topic away from forgiveness towards rehabilitation. I'm in no way specifying my defense on the idea of forgiveness. Why do you think I didn't go into depth about the idea of forgiveness?

    In both instances, the general idea that "an eye for eye makes the whole world blind" stands.

  20. #60
    mc crees daughter gets raped
    instead of being angry he feels sorry for the rapist and starts making excuses for him saying he is obviously mentally ill and wishes him the best

    this nigga


    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He rapes your daughter to satisfy a necessity and/or because under a strong emotional impulse.

    You kill him to satisfy a necessity and/or because under a strong emotional impulse.

    You tell me the differences.
    one is more justified

    2nd reason is similar to being batman, a man who wants to see justice severed
    1st one is just being a sick piece of shit abusing others to satisfy urself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •