Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117
  1. #1

    Is Bullying Ever Justified?

    Lets say for instance that a school kid bullies a classmate to the point where he becomes clinically depressed and commits suicide, do you think its fair that the bully gets his fair share of bullying because of what happened

    Or else lets say someone rapes a schoolchild and gets sent to prison, do you think its fair that he is subject to targeted abuse by other inmates for his crimes outside

    Discuss

  2. #2
    Jjcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,137
    I....

    I'm conflicted by this thread.

    "It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

  3. #3
    I understand why itd be hard for you, if youve ever been in the hotseat Jjcb

  4. #4
    Jjcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,137
    I don't know what that means and I hope it means if I was bullied.

    Which I was.

    But... Eh, I dunno. I'd like it if they were punished, I guess.

    "It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjcb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what that means and I hope it means if I was bullied.

    Which I was.

    But... Eh, I dunno. I'd like it if they were punished, I guess.
    What where you bullied for

  6. #6
    Such counter-bullying tactics are not effective.

  7. #7
    I don't think two wrongs ever make a right, but I could understand why some people would want to retaliate in the scenarios described in the OP.

    I will say that I believe sometimes bullying is a necessary evil in some ways. It motivates the bullied to man up a bit and learn ways to defend themselves; as well as promotes thicker skin. Two things that are useful in the real world.

  8. #8
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    8,119
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets say for instance that a school kid bullies a classmate to the point where he becomes clinically depressed and commits suicide, do you think its fair that the bully gets his fair share of bullying because of what happened

    Or else lets say someone rapes a schoolchild and gets sent to prison, do you think its fair that he is subject to targeted abuse by other inmates for his crimes outside

    Discuss
    Rationally, no. This is a moral issue that justifies abuse because of things that might not happen realistically.

    On the first example, s/he would be hurt too by what he did. There's enough damage done there, s/he would be a social pariah most likely for few weeks.

    Kicking him into the curb doesn't reverse the situation.

    On the other one, even if i wouldn't condone it, it will most likely happen as we've heard that if prison rape statistics were added to the rape victim stats, men would outweigh women. There's horrific abuse and molesters aren't even high enough on the totem pole to get molested. They get a knuckle sandwich.

    When i see this argument, i ask myself. If i would do the "X" thing, how would my friends see me, how would I feel day after. It's not a satisfying feeling when you use violence.

    Thanks to Myst~


  9. #9
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,548
    Never. It would be completely hypocritical to bully someone who bullies others. I can understand why some people might feel inclined to do something like that to avenge the victims, but just like it wouldn't be moral to have a rapist get raped, bullying is an action that isn't warranted under any circumstances

  10. #10
    Jjcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What where you bullied for
    Looks, weakness at sports, anxiety, being a nerd, all that stuff.

    "It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down. All that matters is you get up one more time than you were knocked down."

  11. #11
    Ye ... ah Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    246,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Chair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I will say that I believe sometimes bullying is a necessary evil in some ways. It motivates the bullied to man up a bit and learn ways to defend themselves; as well as promotes thicker skin. Two things that are useful in the real world.
    would you say this is only for verbal bullying?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rationally, no. This is a moral issue that justifies abuse because of things that might not happen realistically.

    On the first example, s/he would be hurt too by what he did. There's enough damage done there, s/he would be a social pariah most likely for few weeks.

    Kicking him into the curb doesn't reverse the situation.

    On the other one, even if i wouldn't condone it, it will most likely happen as we've heard that if prison rape statistics were added to the rape victim stats, men would outweigh women. There's horrific abuse and molesters aren't even high enough on the totem pole to get molested. They get a knuckle sandwich.

    When i see this argument, i ask myself. If i would do the "X" thing, how would my friends see me, how would I feel day after. It's not a satisfying feeling when you use violence.
    These things do happen though they happen everyday, there is nothing thats really unrealistic about them. The question is though, would you condone it? I mean lets say your an inmate and you know the dude next to you in the shower sexually assualted someone who is the same age as your daughter, would you really protect him from the other inmates? Wouldnt you want to see him burn? Even if he told you he wants to atone in some way for what he did, could you ever really see him as anything other than a terrible moster who deserves whatever is sent his way?

  13. #13
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,548
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These things do happen though they happen everyday, there is nothing thats really unrealistic about them. The question is though, would you condone it? I mean lets say your an inmate and you know the dude next to you in the shower sexually assualted someone who is the same age as your daughter, would you really protect him from the other inmates? Wouldnt you want to see him burn? Even if he told you he wants to atone in some way for what he did, could you ever really see him as anything other than a terrible moster who deserves whatever is sent his way?
    no action is unredeemable. If the rapist in your example was genuinely sorry for what he did, he is back to square one and deserves another chance

  14. #14
    So lets say someone sexually assaulted your hypothetical daughter Rex, would you still say that he is somone who could be redeemed if he was genuinely sorry about it?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never. It would be completely hypocritical to bully someone who bullies others. I can understand why some people might feel inclined to do something like that to avenge the victims, but just like it wouldn't be moral to have a rapist get raped, bullying is an action that isn't warranted under any circumstances
    You're a FUCKING hypocrite, then.

  16. #16
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,548
    If that person was truly sorry and regretful about what they had done, I would absolutely forgive them

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that person was truly sorry and regretful about what they had done, I would absolutely forgive them
    you're a cuck

  18. #18
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Boss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're a FUCKING hypocrite, then.
    I consider bullying to be behaviour that demoralizes or upsets others for that sole purpose. When I get involved in swearing and insult exchanges with others, im either highlighting how theyre in the wrong or im simply making a statement of fact. For example, YOU are a fucking cunt

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that person was truly sorry and regretful about what they had done, I would absolutely forgive them
    No you wouldnt

    Lets say you where sitting at home one day sipping a refreshing drink watching the tv, and some stranger knocks at your door and says he has just sexually assaulted your daughter but he is truly sorry for doing so and regrets it do you expect me to believe that you would just forgive him?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I consider bullying to be behaviour that demoralizes or upsets others for that sole purpose. When I get involved in swearing and insult exchanges with others, im either highlighting how theyre in the wrong or im simply making a statement of fact. For example, YOU are a fucking cunt
    You can't possibly be this dense. Even if you're just "stating fact", you can still be a bully. For example, if you call an obese person fat. Or, in your case, I call you an autist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •