Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Void;

Did I get this right, there will be no general tactics this time, only drawing on the map?
    yes, you will draw paths on the map tho show where your characters will advance, in conjunction with their clause(s), it can illustrate what they can do along those paths as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    there's no general strategy paragraph for this mini "game test". but you can write what the generals need to do in clauses

btw @Void;, with this type of structure, might as well change back clauses to indications?

instead of absolute action which generals must do (which most people seems to wing with team up with general X to kill Y and other out of character actions), I think it will be better to write the clauses back as "what general preferably should to do if X condition is met"?

I don't like that, say if I had Raido burn a hill but he was attacked by Kokuou. Clause would be simple, he would burn the hill first and foremost and then deal with Kokuou, dead or alive. Preferable action would mean that I could argue he'd kill Kokuou's forces first and then burn the hill or he'd burn the hill first and then face Kokuou's hill, whichever one is more convenient for me atm (if Kokuou attacks with a force bigger than mine and Raido can't win, I would argue that he can burn the hill first to complete his tactical objective first and then die. Or if Kokuou's smaller force was ordered to aggressively stop Raido from burning/gaining control of the hill, I could argue that "of course Raido would stop to defeat Kokuou, that woudl be the obvious and in character thing to do"). Point is, I really hate these situations that can blow up into both sides stretching their strats and arguing about what's convenient for their characters to do. I'd rather have something set in stone with a clause and everything else in character as secondary. Of course, one could work around this like "have Raido burn the hill but make sure he has his soldiers stall whoever is trying to stop him from burning the hill while he does it" or what not.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... I thought it was GHM oversized balista?
    I don't remember if it was special or not.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

oh right.. i guess it's not gonna be definite enough.

I read through some threads and noticed a whole lot of fuss about the auction. You could eliminate some of the issues with minimum bids. Can't bid a Riboku with 3, for example. Just a thought.

I read through some threads and noticed a whole lot of fuss about the auction. You could eliminate some of the issues with minimum bids. Can't bid a Riboku with 3, for example. Just a thought.
    it's been suggested before, i think it ended up with "if someone can grab those generals at low points because of long term strategy, then he should be rewarded" iirc

it's been suggested before, i think it ended up with "if someone can grab those generals at low points because of long term strategy, then he should be rewarded" iirc
    That's a given. I just had a fair share of similar systems in various circumstances where minimum bids were often a solution, but I'm completely fine with someone outsmarting another.

Two things could I please not be the first match so I could see one first?(I know there are examples,but still scarey for a first timer). Second do I need to be able to edit a map? I know this isnt till next part.

I'm not sure how to do that though I'm sure Icould learn

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I guess I'll just have you guys say which state in thread auction should start within 1-2 days

forgot to answer, GHM brought some to KP
    I think his was special though. I only include generic war chariots because we have seen non Wei guys like Fuuki use them. I don't know if other states have even used ballistas before?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyri View Post
    Two things could I please not be the first match so I could see one first?(I know there are examples,but still scarey for a first timer). Second do I need to be able to edit a map? I know this isnt till next part.

I'm not sure how to do that though I'm sure Icould learn
    Sure for the first question, we don't need to edit any maps unless you want to submit a map voluntarily.

come guys, pick your state in thread so we can begin
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    I think his was special though. I only include generic war chariots because we have seen non Wei guys like Fuuki use them. I don't know if other states have even used ballistas before?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure for the first question, we don't need to edit any maps unless you want to submit a map voluntarily.
    about that, I went back and read and Fuuki didn't have chariots

I think Karin had some.

Seikai used ballistas to launch his poison gas, I don't see that as special because the projectile was the only thing that was special.

Yan

The Han ones, used for dropping the poison, were normal sized.

These ones are bigger:

Last edited by Zentos; 03-06-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    come guys, pick your state in thread so we can begin about that, I went back and read and Fuuki didn't have chariots

I think Karin had some.

Seikai used ballistas to launch his poison gas, I don't see that as special because the projectile was the only thing that was special.
    Your right did any non wei guy use chariots? Karin pretty much used them as dusters only. I think ghm has better ballistas though

Your right did any non wei guy use chariots? Karin pretty much used them as dusters only. I think ghm has better ballistas though
    1k commander Heki was pulled by a chariot

but other than that no.

We'll just scale normal ballistas to Seikai's and in non mid tier games GHM gets the bigger ones to buy.

I will choose Qin bonus btw.

I will choose Qin bonus btw.
    That's a dangerous path to tread.
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-06-2017 at 08:21 PM.

That's a dangerous path to tread.
    50k cannon fodder

50k cannon fodder
    Or 50k Mangoku boosters?

@Nordlending; @gn_x00; @Cyri;

Come, name your states so we can start.

Faster.
    Last edited by Zentos; 03-06-2017 at 09:06 PM.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Wei Bonus.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

i wanted to take Zhao, but i'm iffy on what "all cavalry is automatically updated to being able to traverse any rough terrain (hills, cliffs, forest, etc) faster" means
    @Void;, can you clarify if it means they're supposed to be special cavalry like Kaine's or something?

- - - Updated - - -

btw we have 5 people now?
    are we still using the 40 characters in the list?

if we have 1 more, we can actually have 6 people to try all 6 of state bonuses lol

Guess I'll try Chu

i wanted to take Zhao, but i'm iffy on what "all cavalry is automatically updated to being able to traverse any rough terrain (hills, cliffs, forest, etc) faster" means
    @Void;, can you clarify if it means they're supposed to be special cavalry like Kaine's or something?

- - - Updated - - -

btw we have 5 people now?
    are we still using the 40 characters in the list?

if we have 1 more, we can actually have 6 people to try all 6 of state bonuses lol
    let's just say they can go their normal speed while traversing rough terrain, they're not hindered by forests, slopes, etc. I'll edit the OP.

yes I'll just use the 40 characters in the OP. If we get more people I'll have to add more characters.

while Yan seems great, i'll take Zhao since it's probably more interesting to make strategy with those perks..

wei is already taken lol