Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Illegal Immigrants be deported?

Yes? or Yes.

nonsense aside, I would like to see your views on this. is it right to enforce laws on someone who might've been beneficiary to the nation, and where is the line drawn? when a another criminal offense is committed?

Thanks to Cake~

Interesting question. Also, do you think Mexico should deport US Americans who are there illegally? 91.2% of US Americans in Mexico are there illegally.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting question. Also, do you think Mexico should deport US Americans who are there illegally? 91.2% of US Americans in Mexico are there illegally.
    > Implying Mexican government has its own autonomy and ability to do such a thing and isn't a Mad Max wasteland owned by cartels

Yes. rules apply to every nation. I never said "United States Only"

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    Yes. rules apply to every nation. I never said "United States Only"
    that's the inherent implication though

Depends on their criminal history and why they felt the need to leave their initial area of residence in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Boss View Post
    that's the inherent implication though
    Guilty~

but no, I think of Finland. we have the issue too, miss america.

I'd say western civilization as a whole, (generalizing here) has that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Depends on their criminal history and why they felt the need to leave their initial area of residence in the first place.
    well if they were refugees, it's a different situation. but only if they are refugees. it no longer applies if you cross few safe nations in traveling to the one you chose. for them there's no such luxury.

for criminal history, are you saying no other crimes means you're good to stay? it's still almost a criminally heavy tax burden on the nation. one should enjoy welfare but not when it's achieved by dishonest means.

Thanks to Cake~

> Implying Mexican government has its own autonomy and ability to do such a thing and isn't a Mad Max wasteland owned by cartels
    True. The US is owned by corporations though. But at least they're less violent.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

True. The US is owned by corporations though. But at least they're less violent.
    How is this relevant to the discussion?

It seems like you're purposely dodging the main question

defenders come from moral point, and the deporters will use rationale and laws.

Thanks to Cake~

How is this relevant to the discussion?
    It seems like you're purposely dodging the main question
    I was responding to you. How was your response relevant?

Deportations for the most part are bad for all parties. They tear apart families, ruin people's lives, they're bad for business, and then there's no one to do the awful tasks citizens don't want to have to do.
    Of course, undocumented immigrants who commit serious crimes are an exception, and should be deported.
    There's really no justification for the ridiculously high number of deportations we saw under Obama. And it'll probably be worse under Trump.

Deportations for the most part are bad for all parties. They tear apart families, ruin people's lives, they're bad for business, and then there's no one to do the awful tasks citizens don't want to have to do.
    Of course, undocumented immigrants who commit serious crimes are an exception, and should be deported.
    There's really no justification for the ridiculously high number of deportations we saw under Obama. And it'll probably be worse under Trump.
    What about all the illegal immigrants who are paid far below the minimum wage, live in sub par housing conditions and are generally threatened and beaten under the duress that they will be outed as an illegal and incarcerated for it when they fell for the promise that they could have had a better? Which is pretty much every illegal immigrant.

U.S. "being owned by corporations" has nothing to do with the context of the discussion. It was just an empty counterpoint that you needed to establish, I guess so you don't appear too critical of Mexico? idk.

Deportations for the most part are bad for all parties.
    Not all, lol.

they're bad for business, and then there's no one to do the awful tasks citizens don't want to have to do.
    Y'know, I see liberals raise this point often, and I have to laugh. Citizens don't want to do that work because it's in strict violation of the worker's rights progressives like YOU have fought for and believe in. You really should consider it a bad thing that illegals are doing these jobs from a moral standpoint.

Even if they're high potential for crime among illegals? They've got it much harder to get by. More sinister than selling drugs or committing petty theft, to the average citizen, is how illegals steal identities in order to get employed or to get government assistance.

U.S. "being owned by corporations" has nothing to do with the context of the discussion. It was just an empty counterpoint that you needed to establish, I guess so you don't appear too critical of Mexico? idk.
    Neither does the corruption of the Mexican government. Not sure why you brought up government corruption if it bothers you that it's irrelevant.

Y'know, I see liberals raise this point often, and I have to laugh. Citizens don't want to do that work because it's in strict violation of the worker's rights progressives like YOU have fought for and believe in. You really should consider it a bad thing that illegals are doing these jobs from a moral standpoint.
    It is a bad thing. But they're better off getting exploited at a shitty job than getting kidnapped by the government and torn from their families. First things first. First we make sure the government isn't kidnapping people, then we worry about their rights as workers.

Seeking refuge is one thing. Crossing borders illegally for financial opportunities is another. I'd much rather we focus on ourselves first before we seek to help others.

I'm happy that Trump is slowly bringing isolationism back.
    There are two types of opinions: wrong opinions and my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjunctivitis View Post
    Seeking refuge is one thing. Crossing borders illegally for financial opportunities is another. I'd much rather we focus on ourselves first before we seek to help others.
    I completely agree, but this thread isn't about which people to let in. It's about whether the government should be kidnapping and deporting people who already live here, simply because they're undocumented.

Also don't forget that Obama deported so many people that he was known as the "deporter in chief" and in particular that there's more immigration from the US to Mexico than the other way around.

I'm happy that Trump is slowly bringing isolationism back.
    Trump an isolationist? How do you reckon? This is the guy who said "if we have nuclear weapons, why don't we use them?".
    Last edited by barreltheif; 03-07-2017 at 09:12 AM.

I completely agree, but this thread isn't about which people to let in. It's about whether the government should be kidnapping and deporting people who already live here, simply because they're undocumented.
    Obviously, that'd be completely unethical. And with the vast quantity of civil rights organizations, that's never going to happen. Even with Trump's fanaticism, it'd go against one of America's principals.

Trump an isolationist? How do you reckon? This is the guy who said "if we have nuclear weapons, why don't we use them?".
    Oh, c'mon. You act as if Trump hasn't made a bunch of questionable statements the entire time he's been active.

Yes, it'd be misleading to call him a true isolationist, but it's time that we put down the title as the world's policeman. We've lost so much in helping other countries, and we don't even gain back a fair amount from these losses. The same has happened around the Great Depression when other countries refused to pay back their debts. Trump is only saying what we've kept hidden for so long, and it's time someone does the dirty work. If exploiting countries by threatening isolationism is necessary, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjunctivitis View Post
    Obviously, that'd be completely unethical. And with the vast quantity of civil rights organizations, that's never going to happen. Even with Trump's fanaticism, it'd go against one of America's principals.
    ...I don't think you know what deportations are. Obama deported 2.5 million undocumented immigrants. The majority of those had a criminal record, but many did not. Trump may not end up deporting as many people, but we'll see.

Oh, c'mon. You act as if Trump hasn't made a bunch of questionable statements the entire time he's been active.
    Yes, it'd be misleading to call him a true isolationist, but it's time that we put down the title as the world's policeman. We've lost so much in helping other countries, and we don't even gain back a fair amount from these losses. The same has happened around the Great Depression when other countries refused to pay back their debts. Trump is only saying what we've kept hidden for so long, and it's time someone does the dirty work. If exploiting countries by threatening isolationism is necessary, so be it.
    I completely agree that we should stop being the world's policeman (though I certainly wouldn't call it "helping" other countries). I just think Trump will do the exact opposite.
    The fact that Trump has said other terrible things doesn't make me feel better.

...I don't think you know what deportations are. Obama deported 2.5 million undocumented immigrants. The majority of those had a criminal record, but many did not. Trump may not end up deporting as many people, but we'll see.
    I didn't read the last part of your previous post. If they're illegal, I'm still okay with deporting them. Unemployment rate is incredibly low, I believe lower than ever, but I may be wrong, so it's not as if what he's been doing has been completely bad.

I completely agree that we should stop being the world's policeman (though I certainly wouldn't call it "helping" other countries). I just think Trump will do the exact opposite.
    The fact that Trump has said other terrible things doesn't make me feel better.
    In essence, Trump is a business man. Even with his nasty comments, I'm sure he doesn't actually thrive on other countries suffering. If what he is doing will increase America's economy, which a lot of people - those that even hate trump - and I are optimistic about, then I'm perfectly fine with his "extreme statements" and course of action.

they should be offered the chance to aquire a visa first. if they cant or wont then deport them