View Poll Results: Gay marriage: yay or nay?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 93.75%
  • No

1 6.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay marriage

Gay marriage

Finland is the latest country to legalize marriage equality. In honor of that, here's a question: Are you pro or anti gay marriage? Why or why not?

they can do whatever the hell they want behind closed doors, but don't shove that shit in my face all the time just to show off their pride or what not

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:

sure thing.

- - - Updated - - -

this accounts for every couple

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they can do whatever the hell they want behind closed doors, but don't shove that shit in my face all the time just to show off their pride or what not

I would like to take this moment to let everyone know that The Homosexuals are still recruiting! We're always look for more faggots on TMF to join us. If you are gay don't be shy and join us today.

http://www.millenniumforums.com/group.php?groupid=10

Don't be shy. Be gay!

I don't mind.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Sure gay people just need to stop forcing their ideals on us.

I'm fine with it.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    I think it's great
    it's all about human rights and equality
    also, many people don't consider that marriage provides many benefits
    for instance if your wife is in the hospital emergency room, you can go visit her
    If you are not related, you can't ._.
    so, if you're gay and the love of your life is dying, if you ain't married, you may not be able to go see them.
    that's just unfair.

Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Absolutely for it. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to deny a homosexual couple the right to marry. I tend to be very hostile towards people who are against "gay marriage" as its essentially homophobia

BRING ME MORE WINE Punished Ultra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    Absolutely for it. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to deny a homosexual couple the right to marry. I tend to be very hostile towards people who are against "gay marriage" as its essentially homophobia
    what;s wrong with being homophobic

Finland did? I guess I need to start keeping up with the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Boss View Post
    what;s wrong with being homophobic
    like I said in the "Im not racist" thread, theres nothing saying you aren't allowed to hold a negative opinion about homosexuality, but it isn't reasonable or justified in the slightest, and if you do, im not going to think very highly of you

I don't think the two are necessarily correlational. Homophobia is hatred of gay people, whereas being anti gay marriage is merely a stance. There could be a perfectly valid reasoning behind not supporting it.

How is it essentially homophobia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Chair View Post
    I don't think the two are necessarily correlational. Homophobia is hatred of gay people, whereas being anti gay marriage is merely a stance. There could be a perfectly valid reasoning behind not supporting it.
    A person's disapproval of "gay marriage" would coincide with some prejudice against homosexuality or homosexuals, so as I see it, the two are interlinked

A person's disapproval of "gay marriage" would coincide with some prejudice against homosexuality or homosexuals, so as I see it, the two are interlinked
    Why do you think it's so black and white like that? A lot of other people think this too; which I quite frankly don't understand. Funny how anyone who goes against the majority opinion is automatically labeled terms such homophobic despite this being the Land of the Free.

Some people are against it because it conflicts with their religion (Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve for example), traditional home values, possible scientific studies etc.

Whats next, gay divorce? Jesus fucking christ.
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

Quote Originally Posted by Xgongiveittoyaandifyacant View Post
    Whats next, gay divorce? Jesus fucking christ.
    Xgongiveittoyaandifyacant

Xgongiveittoyaandifyacant
    Getitonyaownxgondeliverittoya
    Because of you

families can get their child the cancer treatment need without worrying about how to pay for it. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food. They can provide free housing to families, so kids aren't stuck in a hospital room while receiving the best cancer care.

DONATE HERE
    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...4262&pID=24671
    -------------------------
    I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ST. JUDE CHILDRENS RESEARCH HOSPITAL

Why do you think it's so black and white like that? A lot of other people think this too; which I quite frankly don't understand. Funny how anyone who goes against the majority opinion is automatically labeled terms such homophobic despite this being the Land of the Free.

Some people are against it because it conflicts with their religion (Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve for example), traditional home values, possible scientific studies etc.
    Because they are by definition, homophobic. Why are you bringing up this land of the free stuff? Havent I said multiple times that people are allowed to have whatever stance they want? The arguments you listed are all extremely lame and easily refuted