Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cheating in video games

Would you cheat in video games, whether it be to save time on a tedious task or something like getting trophies?

Does it matter if it's "just" solo no online play or multiplayer online?

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, START.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, START.
    @Tom; is this your surefire method to get to Tifa's happy place?

For sure. Breeding for Pokemon is a huge pain and time consuming, so I just skip the process by genning to get to the multiplayer. (But keep the stats in the Pokemon legit)

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    @Tom; is this your surefire method to get to Tifa's happy place?
    ITS A MEME.

Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

that was Konami code, wasn't it?

on topic, there's rarely any situation for cheating that doesn't make the game boring for me.

but it's still exist, more notable is if you can't unlock the content normally and it's pokemon breeding for online pvp
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-27-2017 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    For sure. Breeding for Pokemon is a huge pain and time consuming, so I just skip the process by genning to get to the multiplayer. (But keep the stats in the Pokemon legit)
    I actually like breeding, the bicycling around to hatch though

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post

on topic, there's rarely any situation for cheating that doesn't make the game boring for me.
    what if you had to undergo tedious and even more boring grinding just to get to set up something? Like, I have a character I want to get exp for but the grinding process is extremely long and boring and I get nothing out of sitting through it. And it doesn't even guarantee I'll steam roll or even beat my opponent.

Yes it does matter if its solo or multiplayer. Cheating in multiplayer games can be very dickish and can negatively effect other players. Cheating solo effects no one else but yourself, possibly making the game boring or more entertaining in some cases.

And yea I think genning pokemon is fine. Breeding is tedious as f. I would never do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I actually like breeding, the bicycling around to hatch though
    normal breeding or just to get the moves, sure..

but getting perfect IV? dang.. that is hell. getting 3 perfect IV alone is already killing me lol

and we shouldn't even need to start saying a perfect IV shiny pokemon~
    what if you had to undergo tedious and even more boring grinding just to get to set up something? Like, I have a character I want to get exp for but the grinding process is extremely long and boring and I get nothing out of sitting through it. And it doesn't even guarantee I'll steam roll or even beat my opponent.
    depend on the game, monster hunter like games where you need to grind missions for 20 min+ each to get the item (that only have 1-2% to drop) is still kinda okay for me since i like the game and there's no other meaning if i just cheat to get it. it's different to Pokemon since there's a bigger purpose to cheat (play pvp/frontier/etc) than this scenario

for exp case, overleveling itself isn't fun. sometimes i would love for some game to actually lower their exp rate lol... but eh, there're some cases where it's very tedious. sometimes i'm limiting myself to just speed hack so that i can play at 1000% speed or something tbh

GTA san andreas cheats were the best

Spent hours messing around in that game.

I guess it depends how you define cheating.

When I buy old games on the e-shop I'll occasionally use save-states to make things easier on myself, played through Majora's Mask last year and used it to get through the more annoying minigames they have you play, and I'll also whip it out if there's some RNG luck based segments I have to deal with. I've sped up the game to quickly grind Pokémon if I'm playing on an online emulator. I remember having fun with the debug mode in the old Sega Sonic games when I figured out what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    normal breeding or just to get the moves, sure..

but getting perfect IV? dang.. that is hell. getting 3 perfect IV alone is already killing me lol

and we shouldn't even need to start saying a perfect IV shiny pokemon~

depend on the game, monster hunter like games where you need to grind missions for 20 min+ each to get the item (that only have 1-2% to drop) is still kinda okay for me since i like the game and there's no other meaning if i just cheat to get it. it's different to Pokemon since there's a bigger purpose to cheat (play pvp/frontier/etc) than this scenario

for exp case, overleveling itself isn't fun. sometimes i would love for some game to actually lower their exp rate lol... but eh, there're some cases where it's very tedious. sometimes i'm limiting myself to just speed hack so that i can play at 1000% speed or something tbh
    ohohoho, I breed for 4-5 perfect IVs, moves, and perfect nature. Tedious sure, but I get some kicks out of it as I am a numbers guy. Plus I really like EV training them too and the rejects are used as trade bait.

Missions are a different thing, at least you get to play for an objective and you get "rewarded" with an item, I'm talking of straight grinding, though it's probably a weird thing as this isn't an RPG.

I love to overlevel actually and would invest time in it, but sometimes I come across situations where it's not worth it. Also minigames, FUCK minigames.

Tbh tho, in my super gaming days, my Gameshark and I were BFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I guess it depends how you define cheating.

When I buy old games on the e-shop I'll occasionally use save-states to make things easier on myself, played through Majora's Mask last year and used it to get through the more annoying minigames they have you play, and I'll also whip it out if there's some RNG luck based segments I have to deal with. I've sped up the game to quickly grind Pokémon if I'm playing on an online emulator. I remember having fun with the debug mode in the old Sega Sonic games when I figured out what they were.
    came across this topic on gamefaqs, where a guy was asking for a downlaodable game save so he can face optional superbosses right off the bat for fun and some dudes bashed him for wanting to cheat by not wanting to play the parts up to it himself and getting trophies automatically (when the dude didn't really care about trophies in the first place). Basically, skipping out on doing things yourself and making others' accomplishments less valued I guess.

GTA: Vice City PSP

Invincibility
    All weapons
    Max money
    Tank
    Heli
    Super jump

cheat code

Back in the days, I memorized the code input for them all

The Seven Beast Gods
    1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman "Snow Emperor" Xue Nu
    100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    300,000 Years Polar Ice Bear Xiao Bai
    100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah

700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Used map hacker in warcraft 3.

Basically removed the fog of war so I can always see where the enemy army is and what they're building ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by Cersei View Post
    Used map hacker in warcraft 3.

Basically removed the fog of war so I can always see where the enemy army is and what they're building ect ect
    Big reason why I never even bothered playing melee in that game. Kept going up against map hackers.

do whatever you want offline.

Do it online to give yourself advantages not attainable through normal play and you deserve to be burned at the stake

to anyone urging to ask for the thousandth time, yes the red is intentional.

I only use the fun cheats, like helium voices (heh), not the ones that help me bypass difficult parts of the game.

I don't mind doing it if it cuts monotonous tedious tasks