Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke replaces Moubu at Bayou

Exact same scenario as in the manga, with the only difference being Duke Hyou is the Qin Vice General rather than Moubu.

How does it go?

Riboku gets slaughtered.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

Could a mod move this plz

Lol... Duke won't be coming down to trap as easily as Bayou Moubu

He'll do less destruction in the Centre than Moubu, but ultimately it doesn't matter much because there's just too much difference in quality for plain battle

Riboku got wrecked since Duke won't be falling to enemy traps and help Ouki instead.

With Duke chasing after Riboku HQ and Tou chasing Chousou, it won't end good for Riboku. Gika won't even have that much chance to snipe Ouki

Plus the fact that Duke might be able to detect Riboku with his instinct
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-24-2017 at 12:57 AM.

really don't know how he does first few days tbh, Moubu had the wit to at least pump his peasants up for a slaughter the second day but Duke Hyou was fine throwing his guys into the fire before all his peasants got to Dakan Plains.

Duke Hyou takes the life of Rihaku of "Defense"
    defense my ass
    on the first day.

Proceeds to school Riboku while Ouki takes Houken's life.
    One Million Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    Four Hundred Thousand Years Ice Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Snow Emperor Xuenu
    One Hundred Thousand Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    Three Hundred Thousand Years Polar Ice Bear White
    One Hundred Thousand Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    really don't know how he does first few days tbh, Moubu had the wit to at least pump his peasants up for a slaughter the second day but Duke Hyou was fine throwing his guys into the fire before all his peasants got to Dakan Plains.
    with Ouki as CIC, i doubt he'll let Duke Hyou destroy his own army here lol..

At the very least Tou will be sent to cover for his tendacy to throw away troops

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    with Ouki as CIC, i doubt he'll let Duke Hyou destroy his own army here lol..

At the very least Tou will be sent to cover for his tendacy to throw away troops
    well, Moubu was basically free to do whatever he wanted so I guess Duke Hyou will as well, it's not like they have another Ryuukoku to cover for him. Dunno about Tou coming to cover, they might as well blitz the center if he came.

Why would Duke Hyou need to send his soldiers to death to lure out Rihaku of 'Defense?""

Duke Hyou charges and slice him down.
    One Million Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    Four Hundred Thousand Years Ice Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Snow Emperor Xuenu
    One Hundred Thousand Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    Three Hundred Thousand Years Polar Ice Bear White
    One Hundred Thousand Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

well, Moubu was basically free to do whatever he wanted so I guess Duke Hyou will as well, it's not like they have another Ryuukoku to cover for him. Dunno about Tou coming to cover, they might as well blitz the center if he came.
    well.. Moubu isn't exactly friendly with Ouki. Of course it will be better to leave him alone since he'll be ashamed if he lose the main army after boasting about how he should be cic lol

but Duke is actually friendly with Ouki, so i can see them discussing on what to do (or how to make the blaze bigger). I wouldn't even deny the possibility of Ouki personally inspire the soldiers and Duke - Ouki - Tou making a three headed attack to demolish Rihaku in first day
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-24-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Duke needed to suicide troops against Gokei. A straight charge can beat Rihaku easily.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    well.. Moubu isn't exactly friendly with Ouki. Of course it will be better to leave him alone since he'll be ashamed if he lose the main army after boasting about how he should be cic lol

but Duke is actually friendly with Ouki, so i can see them discussing on what to do (or how to make the blaze bigger). I wouldn't even deny the possibility of Ouki personally inspire the soldiers and Duke - Ouki - Tou making a three headed attack to demolish Rihaku in first day
    Actually, leaving Moubu alone is a mistake and it doesn't matter if they're on bad terms or not, Moubu should be executed by martial law for insubordination. Ouki probably thought highly of his strength so he left him alone to see what he could do.

Yeah, but I highly doubt they'd know what the hell the other is thinking lol. Ouki rushing things like that isn't in his nature according to his subs, he could've done the same with Moubu for greater effect but didn't.

Duke Hyou does a lot better due to his instinct he not going to fall for the traps that Moubu did and I can't see any of the Zhao generals stopping him for to long.

I honestly wouldn't be all that surprised if the Duke finds out about the hidden Zhao army and ambushes them crushing Riboku's plan.
    Last edited by Thdyingbreed; 02-24-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Actually, leaving Moubu alone is a mistake and it doesn't matter if they're on bad terms or not, Moubu should be executed by martial law for insubordination. Ouki probably thought highly of his strength so he left him alone to see what he could do.

Yeah, but I highly doubt they'd know what the hell the other is thinking lol. Ouki rushing things like that isn't in his nature according to his subs, he could've done the same with Moubu for greater effect but didn't.
    well... while it is needed a mistake, let's be real. there's not much Ouki can do with Moubu refusing to even take part on discussion about the plan.

If Moubu wanted to hear and take part in meeting/discuss things with Ouki like Duke did, then it's obvious that Ouki will play even more agressive because his deck is stacked and there's little to no risk for such attempts

and executing Moubu is not an option while the kingdom is in crisis and Ryoufui having power without any real competitor. especially when the guy in question is without a doubt, one of the best candidate for Qin's GG position from the "newer" generation

The Duke is strong enough to take out Shomou easily and his instinct can lead him directly to Rihaku, taking him down. Gokei >>>>> Rihaku.
    Worst case for Qin would be The Duke meeting Houken early on, but even then, a crippled Houken would get insta-bashed by Ouki. Tou could sit it out.

So from the start Riboku would abstain from using his ploy against Ouki/The Duke (hidden Tou) combo.

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    The Duke is strong enough to take out Shomou easily and his instinct can lead him directly to Rihaku, taking him down. Gokei >>>>> Rihaku.
    Worst case for Qin would be The Duke meeting Houken early on, but even then, a crippled Houken would get insta-bashed by Ouki. Tou could sit it out.

So from the start Riboku would abstain from using his ploy against Ouki/The Duke (hidden Tou) combo.
    but Shoumou is on the other side of the battlefield?

Is this overall or strength?

Duke Hyou & Ouki (& Tou), is maybe too much for even Riboku. That'd be interesting to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Namely, Duke Hyou would probably have more losses the first days, but get a similar effect in unbalancing the battlefield. He'd perform WAY better in the chase through the mountains and that's where events would start getting different from the real story.

Hm yeah, I don't see anyone in the Bayou army capable of baiting Duke Hyou into the natural bell where Riboku was supposed to close his trap. Keisha wasn't there, the others have no chances to get a grasp of the instinctual epitome.

but Shoumou is on the other side of the battlefield?

Is this overall or strength?
    It was more about noone being able to take out or cripple The Duke enough for the battle to become Ouki vs. Houken (and Riboku).

Overall. Gokei's knowledge blows Rihaku away. Although his suicidal tendencies are a problem, so maybe take away an arrow.

Qin annihilates Zhao.
    Moubu was the reason why Qin and Ouki lost that battle.
    Duke is not only unstoppable train that hits enemies without mercy but also battle-smart.
    Any general sans Houken comes across him dies even Houken would suffer lot more injuries that he suffered in canon in here.
    With Duke actually listening Ouki doesn't have to worry about a wild card constantly which means he is free to utilize every trick he knows.
    Who knows Duke would even sense Riboku's army way before they arrives on battlefield.
    Ouki kills Houken in such scenario while Duke kills Riboku.
    It is surprising that how much difference one single change can do to result of battle.

A bit off topic, but what if we remove Moubu completely from the scenario.. So Ouki has no other help (well... Maybe only Tou)