Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    oh that one..

it does seems interesting, but i dunno how voters will think about them though. It's always okay to test it in a game though

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno how you could get all you want to say in a tl;dr, I personally will try to make corners if I don't play next game.
    you can't.. that's why it's a joke to begin with

I had a plan for a group match where each player would only pick 2-3 generals for it, and we also had a plan for extended play but burnout would be a huge problem. Time would be a problem for round robin, as some didn't submit their strats in time so it caused delays.
    well yeah... not sure what else can fix that problem if we want to
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-22-2017 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    oh that one..

it does seems interesting, but i dunno how voters will think about them though. It's always okay to test it in a game though

you can't.. that's why it's a joke to begin with

well yeah... not sure what else can fix that problem if we want at all
    gotta fine tune it first

tfw I make a corner falsely repping your strat and the voters buy it to vote against you

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

gotta fine tune it first

tfw I make a corner falsely repping your strat and the voters buy it to vote against you
    lol yeah, I know there're parts of corners which i don't agree with Crispy sometimes.

anyway, we really just need a few readable pic of deployment (both side), where they gonna go, and what's the time difference will be due to terrain (funneled through bridge/crossing/ledge will be slower, units rushing will be faster than normal, etc). and a bit of info about how their status will be in the middle of the fight

I wouldn't mind making but i really don't have the materials (generals' pics) and too lazy to search for decent ones that i can use. I give up making them in my match before lol. can crispy or you send them to me?
    i might be able to cook some of them when i'm not too lazy or too busy

oh btw, tagging people who seems interested on voting/reading the match? some people might not check it everyday

and with state bonus, the importance of rules to divide troops become even more important

lol yeah, I know there're parts of corners which i don't agree with Crispy sometimes.

anyway, we really just need a few readable pic of deployment (both side), where they gonna go, and what's the time difference will be due to terrain (funneled through bridge/crossing/ledge will be slower, units rushing will be faster than normal, etc). and a bit of info about how their status will be in the middle of the fight

I wouldn't mind making but i really don't have the materials (generals' pics) and too lazy to search for decent ones that i can use. I give up making them in my match before lol. can crispy or you send them to me?
    i might be able to cook some of them when i'm not too lazy or too busy

oh btw, tagging people who seems interested on voting/reading the match? some people might not check it everyday

and with state bonus, the importance of rules to divide troops become even more important
    come to think of it, timing/speed is also a huge issue with these matches, dunno how to address that though

uhh, I'll get on that soon, I don't have it on hand and pretty much gave up on using pics after my first strat with them two games ago

I think we should make it mandatory for other players to vote

come to think of it, timing/speed is also a huge issue with these matches, dunno how to address that though
    Corners will probably fix that to some extent.

although it's kinda objective

I think we should make it mandatory for other players to vote
    with how hard it is for people to even show up on their own match?
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-22-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Corners will probably fix that to some extent.

although it's kinda objective

with how hard it is for people to even show up on their own match

people gotta dedicate to this game

that said, I hope Alias fetches a high price with the Arab pimp

people gotta dedicate to this game

that said, I hope Alias fetches a high price with the Arab pimp
    well.. this is a game where you kinda need to invest a decent amount of time to get the most enjoyment.

not sure if it's good or not lol

but eh.. real life and stuffs do make it hard

@Void;
    random thought. any plan on having auction more active?

tbh as it stands now, there's no incentive at all to not snipe at the end. it's a valid strategy of course, but i always see you're asking people to bid on the characters lol
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-23-2017 at 09:40 AM.

did you tell him what you told me, gnx?

the idea of being allowed to silent bid only those you've already made an open bid on?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    did you tell him what you told me, gnx?

the idea of being allowed to silent bid only those you've already made an open bid on?
    it wasn't mine. It was alias' idea in previous round auction. he told it to Void, so he should know about it already

tbh, depending on how people use it, it might be able to deter sitters

It's basically sitter deterrent vs workload for the host. I don't see any other downsides if Void were to agree. But hosting is already pretty bothersome as it is so i wouldn't push it on him, or on whoever's gonna host.

It's basically sitter deterrent vs workload for the host. I don't see any other downsides if Void were to agree. But hosting is already pretty bothersome as it is so i wouldn't push it on him, or on whoever's gonna host.
    well yeah.. auction already looks very troublesome for host as it is.

the addition will be even more annoying.
    i wonder if adding minimum bid (like +10) to silent will make it less interesting for people who want to snipe instead of normal bidding?

Making silents more costly by default?

Looks like something we might try, before judging.

I want silent bid. It was inconvenient last round when I wanted to bid on someone, but I couldn't because I was busy at the end of the bidding round.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    I want silent bid. It was inconvenient last round when I wanted to bid on someone, but I couldn't because I was busy at the end of the bidding round.
    Silent bid won't be touched anymore. It's now enstablished there's not a single reason to brush it off.

That said, finding a way to favor open bids should help making the system more balanced, cuz for now silent bids are way more important than open ones.

Silent bid won't be touched anymore. It's now enstablished there's not a single reason to brush it off.

That said, finding a way to favor open bids should help making the system more balanced, cuz for now silent bids are way more important than open ones.
    Double the minimum bid during the silent bid. In the opening bid there was [+3 for 20 to 29, +4 for 30 to 39, +5 for 40 and up.] Make that [+6 for 20 to 29, +8 for 30 to 39, +10 for 40 and up.] In the silent bid.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Double the minimum bid during the silent bid. In the opening bid there was [+3 for 20 to 29, +4 for 30 to 39, +5 for 40 and up.] Make that [+6 for 20 to 29, +8 for 30 to 39, +10 for 40 and up.] In the silent bid.

I like this too. Even better than a dry +x on all the bids. This keeps it proportionate to the commander's market value.

well... the one which will end it will ofc be more important. That's why it's kinda needed to implement some sort of balance if we don't want people to just sit around and snipe at the end of silent bid.

Open also has the problem of people sitting until the last minute to get the cheapest possible price.

It can probably be called strategy, but i dunno if it's what people want or not. Real life auction also try hard to fix it by adding captcha, extending time limit and other shits like auto bid to fix it. sadly it's the most optimal way to get cheap things in auction even if it might not be fun/competitive enough from a game standpoint

yeah, i was thinking about something like this.

this way it won't be that much of an additional work for Host and you can actually try to not make people bid in silent by making the price high enough for the silent bid round.
    that way, people will also reconsider sitting down and wait until silent because the price might jump so much at that time (Like 90 for Ouki in open bid will pretty much need you to use 100 point for him instead of 95). but it will still be balanced than normal open bid because you can't snipe the generals for cheapest price at -1 minute since there's still silent bid left.

it still won't fix people sitting rounds and wait to bid in later rounds where they will be cheaper (because there's not much competition left with all the points went in earlier rounds), but eh.... that's also strategy (and depend on luck)
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-23-2017 at 01:10 PM.

eh, I proposed a penalty for silent bid back then but it was brushed off
    @Void;
    random thought. any plan on having auction more active?

tbh as it stands now, there's no incentive at all to not snipe at the end. it's a valid strategy of course, but i always see you're asking people to bid on the characters lol
    none right now

I could always add more people to each round but that would just get kinda messy. Lemme come up with something in a bit to test.

then care to host?

eh, I proposed a penalty for silent bid back then but it was brushed offnone right now

am i to blame or nay?

then care to host?
    Maybe after April