Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CyK 4.5 2nd place match: Nord versus Alias

Troops: 300k each
    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions but they cannot be assigned to another character. You can have Karin's elites assist Bajio in an objective but he cannot lead them.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time

strat layout:
    1) picture or description of your initial deployment (includes troop deployment spreads, no clauses here but you can provide visual aid on where you want your troops to move to, just make sure its consistent with your strat and clauses)

2) description paragraph of your general strat (here you will detail what your overall plan is for your team, I want 5 sentences optimum but no more than 7 sentences)

3) clauses (Each general gets one clause as their "must do" action, they are in character otherwise. To elaborate, I will consider any clause a high priority action that the character needs to do no matter what, that ignores their character. Like if you had a clause that said Ousen must duel Moubu, he will duel Moubu regardless of his personality. Only after the character accomplishes the feat will they revert back to their original character. Also, please keep clauses as one sentence: I will accept additional actions only if they are in the immediate vicinity, like "sweep up the area around the hill of enemies and then secure it for my forces" or "fortify the mountain and prep for a downhill charge if necessary". I will not accept things like "secure the mountain and then head to the forest (which is in a different area) to burn it" and run on sentences.)

4) prep (everyone gets 2 days prep for each match for free, and 3 extra clauses for your overall army, like "arm all my soldiers with bows and spears. You could make it specific though, like "have Raido teach Gakuei's army the flame hare". Remember, your imagination is the limit but you also want your readers to believe you can do what ever you want to prep for, like you can't build catapults in two days with a bunch of meatheads.)

Special: only people who have had a burning feat can use fire tactics (Raido, Zenou, GHM, Kanki), this is to prevent abuse of fire.

@Nordlending; @Aliasniamor; strats will be sent to me, you have two days

Map:

A dry desert, the central part is covered by 2/3 by a mesa with steep cliffs and jagged surface, and the last 1/3 by a contented plain.

Nord is blue, Alias is red

Teams

Alias: 0
    Kaine 9
    55.Shunshinkun 18
    70.Ten 6
    65.Reiou 25
    4.Kanki 46
    17.Kaishibou 20
    34.Mouten: 20
    9.Renpa: 90
    Kyoukai 15
    Rokuomi 5
    Rankai 9
    Kouyoku 8
    Rihaku 4
    3 days of prep (3)
    3.5k Big cavalry with Kaishibou (7)
    2.5k special Zhao cavalry with Kaine (5)
    5k Renpa elites (10)

Nordlending: 0
    Mangoku 20
    Kinmou 4
    Kisui 20
    Mougou 30
    Gokei 40
    Kyou 42
    Shin 20
    Gekishin 30
    Earl Shi 40
    Keisha 30
    10k poison cats (20)
    4 days prep (4)

strats:

Alias:

Plain team (1) 200k

Renpa 100k, 35k light infantry, 15k heavy infantry, 20k heavy infantry of which 5k Renpa elites, 30k light infantry
    Kaishibou 20k heavy cavalry of which 3.5k big cavalry
    Rokuomi 20k heavy infantry
    Kouyoku + Ten 20k half light infantry half light cavalry
    Rihaku 20k 20k light infantry
    Mouten 20k 20k light cavalry

formation : Renpa in the center/front of the charge, Kaishibou on his right, Kouyoku and Mouten just to his left, a little in the "back", Rihaku on the left with Rokuomi. It should look a little like this :

Rihaku Renpa Kaishibou
    Rokuomi
    Kouyoku Mouten

Mountain team (2) 100k

Kaine 10k cavalry of which 2.5k special zhao cavalry
    Rankai
    Kyoukai 10k light cavalry
    Kanki 50k : 15k archers, 35k light cavalry
    Reiou & SSK 30k heavy infantry

General strat :

The plain team will march straight forward, with its right wing as the main strength of it, the left wing being its weak point, intentionnally. As soon as the light army led by Rihaku will meet the ennemy, it should bend, reinforced by Rokuomi's heavy infantry. Kouyoku and Mouten are to keep the front a line between Renpa and Rokuomi/Rihaku. The point is to invite the ennemy to push on the left wing while the moutain team climbs and then comes towards zone labelled 3. The front at this point should (or so I hope) look like the red line. A part of the mountain team will stay at point 4 if there's a need to stop some ennemies coming that way (from zone 5 for example). At the same time when the mountain team (or part of it) will descend the hill, Kouyoku and Mouten by his side will start a charge to cut the ennemy's army into two parts and isolate those from each other.

clauses :

Renpa, Kaishibou : not push too much forward, the purpose being to keep a straight line (red line) as the front.
    Rokuomi/Rihaku : keep their ground as much as possible, to keep the straight line (red line) as the front.
    Mouten/Kouyoku : keep the straight line by aligning and attack to cut the ennemy's army in two parts as soon as the mountain team arrives.
    Ten : helps Kouyoku respects the strat to the best of her ability.

Reiou and SSK : if ennemies are on the hill, they will delay them as much as they possibly can, with traps built in advance and with kamikaze strategies that will take as much time to the ennemies as they can.

Rankai : if no ennemies are on the hill and Reiou/SSK organize the attack from the hill, he will protect them with his life no matter what.

prep : all of y prep : prepare light traps, easy to transport, in order to set them on the hill once they get there.

Nord:

http://i.imgur.com/k6cSrzC.png

Army A 60 k
    Earl Shi
    Mangoku
    Army B 60 k
    Gokei
    Shin
    Army C 60 k
    Kyuo (Commander in Chief)
    Mougou

Army K 3 k
    Kinmou
    Army D 57 k
    Keisha
    Kisui
    Army E 60 k
    Gekishin
    10k poison cats

The assassin army will start climbing the mountain, where half of them will throw down ropes and assist the next climbers while the other half will travel to the other side assassinating the enemy if there are any.

Gekishin’s army will discard their horses before they climb, and the horses will be transported to the front line where they will be used as a moving wall that crashes against the enemy’s charge.

The army will be split up in different forces, where A and B will reach the pass at the same time fighting the enemy forces side by side, while army C and D will analyze the enemy before joining in the attack when army A or B start to crumble.

The army closest to the steps will send a set number of troops in attempt to climb it/fight the enemy climbers.
    After getting the top they will start using it to their advantage, and deal as much damage to the enemy down below they can by arrows, rocks, and other tactical advantages I get by holding it.

Fighting in the enemies territory will not happen before I control the mountain, or there are no other options other than to attack.

Earl Shi: - Will send men to run with and in front of the 60 000 horses so that the enemy thinks its an army and not a huge amount of animals.
    Kinmou – They will chase the horses while smacking thrash around so the horses start running towards the enemy, but will not do it before we know we will meet the enemy at the pass at the same time.
    Kisui – Make sure the troops morals are it its highest of both his and the army he assists.

Prep days: All of them.
    The generals will have a get together where they plan the following:
    - preparation on how to handle a result of sending 60 k animals in the first pull.
    - How to smoothly move the second heat of armies to assist and pass the starting armies.
    Last edited by Void; 02-23-2017 at 10:02 PM.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Can I climb those things
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

yes but it will take a long time, it's best if you just climbed the protruding tips as they're not as steep

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes but it will take a long time, it's best if you just climbed the protruding tips as they're not as steep

Can Zhao cavalry troops climb the steep ones though ?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the title should say *third place* match instead of second, right ?

Can horses climb when they have no hands.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    Can horses climb when they have no hands.
    It depends on the horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the title should say *third place* match instead of second, right ?
    I really don't know, as the manga depicts them as the best horses to run down and run across such terrain, not up.

It's up to what the readers think though.

Like I said, losers get nothing

@Nordlending; @Aliasniamor; one day left

Mostly finished with it. Just some minor details I haven't decided on yet.
    ​​

As far as I'm concerned, Zhao horses can fly

Won't even be able to do it today

Won't even be able to do it today
    DQ-ed then

No. Will you be able to do it through the weekend?
    ​​

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    No. Will you be able to do it through the weekend?
    i hope

yea.. i hope we still get this even though it's probably way past the deadline

who cares about who win anyway... we play for the fun of it, and it's not like winner get anything. and it's the last match, i don't think we'll postpone anything atm
    Last edited by gn_x00; 02-17-2017 at 12:10 AM.

@Aliasniamor; don't tell me the French prostitution ring kidnapped you and Crispy has to go Liam Neeson to prevent you from being sold to an Arab pimp

@Aliasniamor; don't tell me the French prostitution ring kidnapped you and Crispy has to go Liam Neeson to prevent you from being sold to an Arab pimp
    I don't know how you've done, because it's precisely what likely happened, standing by what he's told me recently

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    I don't know how you've done, because it's precisely what likely happened, standing by what he's told me recently
    quick, you have to save him!

quick, you have to save him!
    I was ready to go. I just wanted him to tell me how much he's enjoying it, before leaving.