Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyamory

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius Chair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Several polyamorous people I know say that polyamory is what's made most sense to them for as long as they have lived. It's not a matter of sex either since not every polyamorous person has a high sex drive. Some people can only be in love with one person at a time but polyamorous people can give pieces of their heart to many at a given time.

I'd think if anything monogamy is rooted in insecurity because of the possessiveness and view that women are sexual conquests and property. Not saying every monogamous relationship is like that obviously but I'd imagine there are more insecurities in one on one relationships than in one on multiple relationships.

Also, polyamorous people tend to identify as compersive, meaning they take delight in their partner's pleasures. I doubt it has anything to do with "fear".
    What the fuck happened to you?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Pimp of Pimps; what do you think of this?
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Several polyamorous people I know say that polyamory is what's made most sense to them for as long as they have lived. It's not a matter of sex either since not every polyamorous person has a high sex drive. Some people can only be in love with one person at a time but polyamorous people can give pieces of their heart to many at a given time.

I'd think if anything monogamy is rooted in insecurity because of the possessiveness and view that women are sexual conquests and property. Not saying every monogamous relationship is like that obviously but I'd imagine there are more insecurities in one on one relationships than in one on multiple relationships.

Also, polyamorous people tend to identify as compersive, meaning they take delight in their partner's pleasures. I doubt it has anything to do with "fear".
    Maybe they're afraid of not having a good enough time.

Anyways. I just wanted to add that Polyamory groups usually try to let people know there are differences inside of Polyamory and it's not just Swinging, which is often seen as a different concept in Polyamory altogether.

Basically the same way other people would try to establish differences between those seek long term relationships and people just looking to have sex. It's not that these things never intersect, but goals are often different enough to make a distinction.
    I know when I'm being flirted with in a suicide note.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    the interesting thing i find about polymarous relationships is how much each individual gets off on the pleasure of the others in the relationship in general. they have a slight cuckhold element to them but more wholesome and less weird seeing as their all actively engaged with each other sexually as opposed to one or two taking the voyeuristic stance. i dont think i could ever be that invested in another human let alone multiple though, seems hella draining emotionally and physically :/

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou View Post
    the interesting thing i find about polymarous relationships is how much each individual gets off on the pleasure of the others in the relationship in general. they have a slight cuckhold element to them but more wholesome and less weird seeing as their all actively engaged with each other sexually as opposed to one or two taking the voyeuristic stance. i dont think i could ever be that invested in another human let alone multiple though, seems hella draining emotionally and physically :/
    It also extends (often even deeper) into inter-relationships those involved with one may have. Like if a married couple or the husband of a married couple was courting another woman and is dumped it tends to affect the wife in a very similar manner since they BOTH were dumped or the husband's pain is sympathized like another other facet of life. Or if the husband is successful the wife is similarly filled with joy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    It also extends (often even deeper) into inter-relationships those involved with one may have. Like if a married couple or the husband of a married couple was courting another woman and is dumped it tends to affect the wife in a very similar manner since they BOTH were dumped or the husband's pain is sympathized like another other facet of life. Or if the husband is successful the wife is similarly filled with joy for him.
    which makes perfect sense considering for them to pursue another they would both have to be somewhat eqaully invested in that person. if one persons ends up devasted and another almost indifferent in reaction to losing a partner than that's a big red flag imo, which can cause fractures within the remaining relationship (im talking from trio to duo). it may sound kinda morbid but ive always wanted to see that portrayed in a film. the picking up the pieces after the third person leaves the relationship and how the original couple interact after the break up.

"As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

which makes perfect sense considering for them to pursue another they would both have to be somewhat eqaully invested in that person. if one persons ends up devasted and another almost indifferent in reaction to losing a partner than that's a big red flag imo, which can cause fractures within the remaining relationship (im talking from trio to duo). it may sound kinda morbid but ive always wanted to see that portrayed in a film. the picking up the pieces after the third person leaves the relationship and how the original couple interact after the break up.
    That would be a pretty interesting story. I imagine it has to happen semi-often like any other relationship.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of polyamorous people identify as poly due to pitfalls with monogamy, and temporarily transition to it before converting back.

I think an open relationship is what people think of when they hear of the concept, though. Since most people think, "oh, you get to have a lot of sex".

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of polyamorous people identify as poly due to pitfalls with monogamy, and temporarily transition to it before converting back.

I think an open relationship is what people think of when they hear of the concept, though. Since most people think, "oh, you get to have a lot of sex".
    MC be honest

who are these people?

are they succesfull?

are they happy people?

do they have full lives?
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

That would be a pretty interesting story. I imagine it has to happen semi-often like any other relationship.
    and even looking past the novelty of seeing something like that unfold on screen, it could also serve as an up ur game call out to people in monogamous relationships because polyamorus relationships take so much work.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    MC be honest

who are these people?

are they succesfull?

are they happy people?

do they have full lives?
    Tom is poly and he is all of the above.

Yeah, that's a pretty common misconception. Sort of like if we dialed the clock back forty years and when people heard "homosexual" they immediately assumed a lot of the same things about promiscuity and rampant depravity.

and even looking past the novelty of seeing something like that unfold on screen, it could also serve as an up ur game call out to people in monogamous relationships because polyamorus relationships take so much work.
    It would actually be pretty interesting because it would give an intimate window to have couples would grieve together, shyness, the conflicts that arise from uneven recovery, and public perceptions of them if it were a known relationship.

Do you guys ever think polyamory could be the norm?

Tom is poly and he is all of the above.
    Another successful case?
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Do you guys ever think polyamory could be the norm?
    I honestly don't think it will ever be the majority form of relationships, but I see it becoming more popular in the future when society starts to discard preconceived perceptions about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Another successful case?
    What sample size are you looking for?

It would actually be pretty interesting because it would give an intimate window to have couples would grieve together, shyness, the conflicts that arise from uneven recovery, and public perceptions of them if it were a known relationship.
    word. i'll take anything at this point, i think i've only ever been heavily invested and engaged in an on screen relationship (romantic) like twice in my entire life.everything else just comes off as stale and pointless.

B

Another successful case?
    Franklin Veaux
    Eve Rickert
    Claire J. Vannette
    Alexandra Pell
    Rene Alix

I honestly don't think it will ever be the majority form of relationships, but I see it becoming more popular in the future when society starts to discard preconceived perceptions about it.

- - - Updated - - -

What sample size are you looking for?
    MC is so sure that people "are definied" like this and that, he either shows a chart or idk where he is getting his references.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

MC is so sure that people "are definied" like this and that, he either shows a chart or idk where he is getting his references.
    -speaking to poly people
    -reading up on this subject

Whether you like it or not, monogamy is not for everyone. It's a bit radical for some, sure, but that doesn't mean it's detestable or for insecure people.

I think you have been brainwashed @Kong; do your thing here.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog