Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are Universities Corrupting Youth

A picture speaks a thousand words.

Unfortunately some of the pictures are real big.

Open the spoiler tag to see the rest.
    Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Source

Conservative professor rebukes higher ed: ‘Whorehouses and mental wards would be much cheaper’

Higher education is severely broken and dysfunctional.

Providence College English Professor Anthony Esolen, a conservative and staunch defender of free speech and academic inquiry in the face of leftist totalitarianism, points out in his new book, “Out of the Ashes,” that there are certain values prioritized on campuses nowadays — and they stand against all rational and moral reason:

Debauchery, perversion, contempt for your supposedly benighted ancestors, lazy agnosticism, easy and costless pacifism, political maneuvering, and an enforcement of a new orthodoxy that in denying rational analysis seeks to render itself immune to criticism. You sink yourself in debt to discover that your sons and daughters have been severed from their faith, their morals, and their reason. Whorehouses and mental wards would be much cheaper. They might well be healthier, too.

Those are some fighting words, and Esolen is a fighter. (SEE: Embattled conservative professor refuses to be silenced: ‘They did not kill the lion’)

One major problem is that right-of-center academics have been scared into silence. Esolen points out:

Here the reader may supply plenty of anecdotes about professors, insufficiently “liberal,” who have been driven from their jobs or burdened with legal troubles because they violated the new iron etiquette that governs the public sphere. My favorite, if such it may be called, involved an instructor of composition at the University of Winnipeg who remarked, near the end of a semester, that the most important work that most women do will be to raise their children well. For that remark — which would have struck sensible people alive three cultural minutes ago, both men and women, as a bland truism — the instructor was relieved of his duties forthwith, barred from his office, and forbidden even to administer his final exam.

People who say that such events are rare and therefore not to be taken too seriously are either fools or liars. A thousand public lynchings are expensive and tiresome. Two or three will intimidate your enemies very nicely and save you the sweat and the struggle against your conscience. That is especially true if the victim is powerful and visible, as was Lawrence Summers, the president of Harvard who opined that the difference between the numbers of men and women pursuing the natural sciences at the highest level might be due rather to predilection and intellectual inclination than to sexism. Again we are dealing with a bland truism; but the long knives came out, and Summers was dispatched.

Esolen understands this all too well. After Esolen called out his Catholic university for promoting a humanistic view of the world above a Godly one, he was the target of rancorous protests and public floggings by administrators, students and peers.

But he is fighting back, in part with his latest book: “Out of the Ashes: Rebuilding American Culture.”

Its online description states “there are two things wrong with our schools—everything our children don’t learn in them, and everything they do learn. Public schools are beyond reform; we have to start over.”

“Our universities are as bad as our schools,” it adds. “A few can be saved, but for the most part, we must build new ones. In fact, this is already being done. We have to support these efforts as if our children’s souls depended on it.”

Education is one aspect among many tackled in the book. The sexual revolution is another. National Review has posted a longer excerpt of the new book here.
    Last edited by Bold; 02-05-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Didn't read article, just saw the pics.

Attention whores, all of them.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

The curse of growing up.

Saw all of these pics before.

Seemingly these are all supposed to be before tumblr and after tumblr.

It has nothing to do with universities.

They make up their own choices.

Bravo @Bold;

low quality bait

Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

Read the article it's terrible.

A large part of it is about implying that the teaching program should be influenced by christian faith.
    There are some truths in it (the two guys fired shouldn't have been sanctionned at all imo, even though it's definitely not the place of a teacher to voice such generalities and it's dumb from the president of Harvard to mention a difference in intellectual abilities considering that in some fields of natural sciences there is an overwhelming majority of female in europe, though I agree that it's largely due to inclination)

Agnosticism and pacifism are mentionned as if they were critical flaws..

what is with the nose rings and trannies

this some lib arts uni

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D. Boss View Post
    It has nothing to do with universities.

They make up their own choices.
    It really starts with the parents though.

It seems most of these kids who come to university and go under radical political and physical transformations often come from well off, higher class backgrounds.

Shelter from the real world used to create the typical "My daddy is a CEO" white conservative jackass kids.

Now that universities foster philosophies of inclusion and equality of all races and sexes, I think those same kids go through an "empathy shock" and create aggressively PC abominations like pic related.

It's just a phase, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    Read the article it's terrible.

A large part of it is about implying that the teaching program should be influenced by christian faith.

There are some truths in it (the two guys fired shouldn't have been sanctionned at all imo, even though it's definitely not the place of a teacher to voice such generalities and it's dumb from the president of Harvard to mention a difference in intellectual abilities considering that in some fields of natural sciences there is an overwhelming majority of female in europe, though I agree that it's largely due to inclination)

Agnosticism and pacifism are mentionned as if they were critical flaws..
    It reads more like he's saying that the Catholic school he teaches at shouldn't masquerade as Catholic if it's going to reject Christian views.

And I didn't see any criticism of agnosticism and pacifism. He centered on pretty specific types of them rather than their entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    It reads more like he's saying that the Catholic school he teaches at shouldn't masquerade as Catholic if it's going to reject Christian views.

And I didn't see any criticism of agnosticism and pacifism. He centered on pretty specific types of them rather than their entirety.
    Catholic schools are some sort of private schools which are supposed to include religion classes? ('cause here you have public schools dating back to the 16th century which still have christian name). In any case you can teach theology without "a godly view" of the world being your main message imo

It starts with "lazy agnosticism" and pacifism is included in the middle of a list of supposed current flaw. I mean.. they are flanked by debauchery, perversion and political maneuvering.
    Unless we don't understand it the same way, to me the adjectives used are his way of describing them, but I think to you when he says "lazy agnosticism" is a form of agnosticism, is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    It really starts with the parents though.

It seems most of these kids who come to university and go under radical political and physical transformations often come from well off, higher class backgrounds.

Shelter from the real world used to create the typical "My daddy is a CEO" white conservative jackass kids.

Now that universities foster philosophies of inclusion and equality of all races and sexes, I think those same kids go through an "empathy shock" and create aggressively PC abominations like pic related.

It's just a phase, though.
    It doesn't happen with higher class backgrounds all the time. I've seen boys/girls who came from poverty and change tremendously after having all the wealth to change their looks. The eyes are getting wider, and the idgaf-I'm-just-myself mentality grows.

It doesn't happen with higher class backgrounds all the time. I've seen boys/girls who came from poverty and change tremendously after having all the wealth to change their looks. The eyes are getting wider, and the idgaf-I'm-just-myself mentality grows.
    Absolutely (that's going to be me )

I'm talking specifically changing into some college SJW feminazi type.

Absolutely (that's going to be me )

I'm talking specifically changing into some college SJW feminazi type.
    I've seen your pics. I hope you don't change that look of yours pal

I've seen your pics. I hope you don't change that look of yours pal

Quote Originally Posted by Bold
    Holy shit. I wasn't expecting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punished Ultra
    I can't believe it. I...I tried my best this game to do something good. And look at what happens.

Is evil all I'm capable of?

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    when I opened this I thought this was gonna be a serious discussion about how pressuring EVERYONE to go to college is messing up the economy because the number of people trained in vocational skills is being significantly diminished. The problem also lies with parents who tell their children that blue collar jobs are beneath them. The supply of college grads exceeds the demand which leads to unemployment.

Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    A picture speaks a thousand words.