Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feminism

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you think about the lack of consideration for the differences between men and women?
    Stupid, everything that is relevant to making as much people as possible happy and make the world a better place should be regarded as important and be high on the agenda.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

trump destroyed feminism.

On Topic: I think Feminism is a good thing to show that woman are not second in society or as part of the human race. But that doesn't mean they are better than man either, they are both equal.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Women and men aren't equal.

They're complimentary.

It's really simple but it's kind of funny how people have over-complicated something so basic.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

Pretty much what Bold said.

There are some aspects in which some cases are unfair: IE a woman not getting a better position because it is a woman or a man being treated less for deciding to spend more time with his kids and do dishes

but other than that I don't see much problem.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    My Blog

So let me ask, can man survive without woman?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Bold;
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    So let me ask, can man survive without woman?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Bold;
    Nope.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina

Is it man in general or is it "can a man survive without a woman" ?
    Cause assuming you get past the birthing process I'd say yes, and the opposite is true too

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    Is it man in general or is it "can a man survive without a woman" ?
    Cause assuming you get past the birthing process I'd say yes, and the opposite is true too
    Can man as a whole continue to survive as a species without woman? That is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    Nope.
    There you go, it is like one half cannot make it without the other, like Yin and Yang.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Can man as a whole continue to survive as a species without woman? That is the question

There you go, it is like one half cannot make it without the other, like Yin and Yang.
    You just proved my point.

Yin and Yang are complimentary, they are not equal. Just as man and women are not equal, they are complimentary.

To be equal is to be the same.

-- Kamina

You just proved my point.

Yin and Yang are complimentary, they are not equal. Just as man and women are not equal, they are complimentary.

To be equal is to be the same.
    it is not complimentary, it is about balance between two halves, that is what makes them equal, man and woman are just as capable of accomplishing tasks, it is just the male dominated societies for centuries that perpetuated the idea of woman being helpless or being a damsel in distress and less than man and even forced them to trade their feminine qualities for aid (innocent or depraved). And what people forget the man and woman are human which makes them equal as a species.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

it is not complimentary, it is about balance between two halves, that is what makes them equal, man and woman are just as capable of accomplishing tasks, it is just the male dominated societies for centuries that perpetuated the idea of woman being helpless or being a damsel in distress and less than man and even forced them to trade their feminine qualities for aid (innocent or depraved). And what people forget the man and woman are human which makes them equal as a species.
    Men and Women can't be equal in every single thing.

man and woman are just as capable of accomplishing tasks,
    You just used Yin and Yang as a a comparison. The entire premise of Yin and Yang is two opposites attracting and complimenting each other because of their contradictory nature. This means they are not equal.

Men and women are not just as capable of accomplishing tasks. For instance, no sportswoman is as physically capable as a sportsman. In sport, Olympic level female athletes are outperformed by college level male athletes. It's why the notoriously undisciplined, chain-smoking, and beer-guzzling journeyman Karsten Braasch throttled the Williams sisters when he was in his 30s and they were pristine physical specimens, at least by female standards. Plus, each sister only had to play one set, whereas he played two.

This is because men and women are built differently. Men are built to protect whilst women are built to nurture. No man can give birth to a child because he is not equipped to do so.

Even down to genitals, we compliment each other rather than equal each other.

Penis - Erects, Goes out, Penetrates, Pushes in, Seeks, Discharges, The sperm finds the egg- not the other way around.
    Vagina - Softens, Invites in, Sucks in, Allows, Let's go, Takes in, The Egg waits for the sperm- not the other way around.

We are not equal, we are complimentary.

-- Kamina

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    Men and Women can't be equal in every single thing.
    Well, I guess they have different genitals and body types and different identities and genes, but that's it really.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Well, I guess they have different genitals and body types and different identities and genes, but that's it really.
    Those are all things that don't allow men and women to be the same or perform equally at everything.

Being equal as a whole does not mean being equal in everything and certainly does not mean being the same.

Easy example, two people can have the same overall academic level as assessed by exams et excel in different fields, same if you take two fighters, one could be really quick, the other really strong and have the same level overall Complementarity does not exclude equality.

Feminism should be about equal rights and opportunity, not about getting offended when someone says a woman could not do something that has been done by a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    Those are all things that don't allow men and women to be the same or perform equally at everything.
    Being equal as a whole does not mean being equal in everything and certainly does not mean being the same.

Easy example, two people can have the same overall academic level as assessed by exams et excel in different fields, same if you take two fighters, one could be really quick, the other really strong and have the same level overall Complementarity does not exclude equality.

Feminism should be about equal rights and opportunity, not about getting offended when someone says a woman could not do something that has been done by a man.
    I never said equal in everything, just equal.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

This was more in answer to Bold who dissociates complementary from equal whereas I don't think they are mutually exclusive

But nearly everyone was saying this but you chose to go into discussion with them anyways when you're basically trying to say the same thing.

This is a discussion on two entire groups rather than two individuals so that's not a comparable example.

If men and women were equal, one could function without the other.

-- Kamina

You just used Yin and Yang as a a comparison. The entire premise of Yin and Yang is two opposites attracting and complimenting each other because of their contradictory nature. This means they are not equal.

Men and women are not just as capable of accomplishing tasks. For instance, no sportswoman is as physically capable as a sportsman. In sport, Olympic level female athletes are outperformed by college level male athletes. It's why the notoriously undisciplined, chain-smoking, and beer-guzzling journeyman Karsten Braasch throttled the Williams sisters when he was in his 30s and they were pristine physical specimens, at least by female standards. Plus, each sister only had to play one set, whereas he played two.

This is because men and women are built differently. Men are built to protect whilst women are built to nurture. No man can give birth to a child because he is not equipped to do so.

Even down to genitals, we compliment each other rather than equal each other.

Penis - Erects, Goes out, Penetrates, Pushes in, Seeks, Discharges, The sperm finds the egg- not the other way around.
    Vagina - Softens, Invites in, Sucks in, Allows, Let's go, Takes in, The Egg waits for the sperm- not the other way around.

We are not equal, we are complimentary.
    I think this stance is a little lazy because it avoids the real argument all together.

Nobody thinks that men and women are physically equal. Well, nobody sane.

When women talk about equality you know perfectly well what they're actually talking about. Rights, job opportunities, etc.

For example, women aren't easily seen as capable leaders as men are. It's harder for a woman to be an executive or CEO unless they're a total bitch. This is a bias not exclusive to men.

Now, you might say, "This perception has a basis in evolutionary biology, men are supposed to be leaders..." etc.

You should start from there because that's not so black and white as "Women are weaker than Men", and defend your position on how Women should admit their inability to serve the same roles in modern society.

After all we're not hunter-gatherers anymore. If you're going to use an appeal to nature, you have to justify why gender dynamics from when we hunted with spears are important to adhere to today.