Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism

Feminism

Debate feminism here. Is it good? Bad? Was it once good and is now bad? What is 'true' feminism? Let loose.

I'm interested in this topic.

this is going to be such a fun read.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    My Blog

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this somewhere else. Everyone already knows my stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

You suck as an Admin.

You've heard this million of time. But i will make sure you hear this billion time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa Lockhart View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this somewhere else. Everyone already knows my stance.
    Yeah, it's in the Cafe somewhere I think. topics like this need to be repeated once in awhile though imo.

What do you think of Susan b. Anthony?

Susan b. Anthony's grave is in my city, I visited it before the election and it was plastered with Hillary stickers.

Wonder what it looks like now

Men and women are equal, but men and women are not the same.

Feminism as a revendication of an equality of rights is undoubtedly a good thing, feminism as a way to claim that male and female or dead equals in all aspect is misguided, feminists who lash out agressively at every occasion are being dumb and their action is detrimental to the cause

What do you guys think of this video?

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Yeah, it's in the Cafe somewhere I think. topics like this need to be repeated once in awhile though imo.

What do you think of Susan b. Anthony?
    She was a trailblazer in regards to womens rights, and I think she did a lot for feminism itself, and what it truly meant. Not all the nonsense about "pussy" hats and waving your tits everywhere.

The fact that in her day in age she never married was def a thing. But that stigma is still here and women who do that seem to be perceived as unwanted or crazy cat ladies.

Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

She was a trailblazer in regards to womens rights, and I think she did a lot for feminism itself, and what it truly meant. Not all the nonsense about "pussy" hats and waving your tits everywhere.

The fact that in her day in age she never married was def a thing. But that stigma is still here and women who do that seem to be perceived as unwanted or crazy cat ladies.
    What do you think about the fact that she didn't advocate the same right for for non-white women?

What do you think about the fact that she didn't advocate the same right for for non-white women?
    Shitty. She's not a perfect human being. I believe that women of color have much shittier treatment than white women, and as a white woman I get away with a lot more shit than a woman of color could ever do.

inb4someonesayswhiteguilt

Shitty. She's not a perfect human being. I believe that women of color have much shittier treatment than white women, and as a white woman I get away with a lot more shit than a woman of color could ever do.

inb4someonesayswhiteguilt

Well, obviously you think it's shitty. I mean do you think it invalidates the movement she as a part of or her ideals?

Well, obviously you think it's shitty. I mean do you think it invalidates the movement she as a part of or her ideals?
    Not fully. No movement is ever really perfect. I think she should be recognized for the good she did but also be accountable for the things she didnt do.

Watch the video guys

Feminism is a good thing, it's not needed as much anymore in certain parts of the world where in others it should still be a big thing.
    Females should have the same rights as males and I support "feminists" who are for this cause, it is impossible to be able or to perform at the same level in everything though, this goes both ways, you can't achieve that, unless technology and human advancements or some shit like that.

as for the demonstrating women who go apeshit across the world, they are not true feminists and they disgust me.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    Feminism is a good thing, it's not needed as much anymore in certain parts of the world where in others it should still be a big thing.
    Females should have the same rights as males and I support "feminists" who are for this cause, it is impossible to be able or to perform at the same level in everything though, this goes both ways, you can't achieve that, unless technology and human advancements or some shit like that.

as for the demonstrating women who go apeshit across the world, they are not true feminists and they disgust me.
    What do you think about the lack of consideration for the differences between men and women?

does feminism let me get gurls

Watch the video guys
    I like this woman. I was a bit more informed about 2nd wave on this, since mostly its always 1st and 3rd wave is spoken about.

It's emasculating men. Which, ironically, is pissing women off.

“With a man's soul and a strong back, go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Whether it's impossible or laughable, this is the path that ALL great men walk! If there's a wall in our way, we'll break it down! If there's no path, we'll make it with our own hands! The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!Everlasting Combination: Gurren Lagann! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?! Believe in you who believes in yourself!! Isn't your Drill the one that will pierce the heavens, the earth and through to tomorrow?”
    -- Kamina