Ousen's strategy on Retsubi's siege

Hi, I'm new. Greetings.

On topic, what do you guys think of Ousen's strategy to send Yotanwa and HSU to take down Retsubi?
    Considering the two units are more loyal to the king compared to the others (there's also that heki bro, but eh, maybe he's in YTW's army or just insignificant enough), do you think he has another thing in mind besides taking down Retsubi?
    And since this is Ousen we're talking about, what do you think it is?

Greetings sir.

I think he'll just let him do their thing while he continues to the next city.

well.. the most obvious one is to keep going straight to Zhao's capital and make sure to take it down ASAP before Riboku even arrives.
    it's pretty much the same thing Riboku tried to do in Coalition arc, but more straight forward since it's a race of time until reinforcement from west border comes. in that regards, leaving Retsubi to Yotanwa and HSU is a very simple but brilliant move

although since this is Ousen that we're talking about... depending on how far Ousen estimated Riboku's army's distance, he might prepare for ambush while Yotanwa will be the bait.

i don't know if this is also related to weakening King's faction, but i think it's more about evaluating Yotanwa's army and HSU's true worth instead of purposefully killing some of Yotanwa's men. Ousen is very cautious afterall. there's no way he'll lessen his chance of success by weakening his own allies

Pretty straightforward. Try to blitz Zhao and make it to their capitol ASAP.

Valid points, I also think the best way to to go is for the main army to pass over Retsubi while the two units attempt take over it.
    But as mentioned by the official in Kantan, Riboku planned to have Zhao's armies rally to Retsubi to halt Qin's advance, thus making a stand in that 'national gate'. While it is uncertain whether all those reinforcements will make it in time or not, the main strategy which is taking Gyou will be hard to achieve when they are scattered and surrounded by the Zhao's armies imo.
    It's true that the force of 200k men is formidable enough, even if reduced by a third or maybe fourth of it, but it's the Zhao's home advantage and I'm not sure they can reach the capital easily since it is closer to the border where Riboku is than taking Gyou first.
    I see Ousen likes men of talent and a great strategist, but his ambition would make his priorities on top others. Rather than taking risks in the future, I think he would cut down the problems before hand if he could, the way I see him. There could be other strategies he might do but this move might have some other takes to it, imo. Just a thought though.

Btw, welcome to the forums
    The Gift of Jericho, Drink it in maaaaaannnnnn!!!!

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I don't think Ousen is trying to do anything shady here. If he really wanted most of them to die, it would make more sense to use them later on. Seeing how Zhao reinforcements have yet to arrive, this might be their easiest battle in the conquest of Zhao. My guess is that the losses here will be incomparable to the losses while attacking Gyou or the capital. So, in case he wanted to reduce the power of YTW and HSU, he would have used them while sieging the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see Ousen likes men of talent and a great strategist, but his ambition would make his priorities on top others.
    i thought we haven't even got confirmation about Ousen's ambition lol

you guys read too much one piece of shit to come up on every Ousen's plans is act of betrayal to the Qin, luckily this is kingdom and not op,naruto and bleach to fall into the same fucking cliché every time.

Ousen's only considering betrayal once Qin has conquered a few states, it's far too early right now.

I don't know if Ousen plans to bypass Retsubi by leaving Tanwa and Shin there. The race is over, they reached the bottleneck first and now they can advance through the capital area more slowly and cautiously. If Ousen proceeds it is only because he's confident to take Gyou on his own and he wants all the merit for it. There's literally no other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    If Ousen proceeds it is only because he's confident to take Gyou on his own and he wants all the merit for it. There's literally no other reason.
    Pokemon master Ousen is planning to capture the guardian deity of Kantan by himself

If it takes Yotanwa and Shin half a day to conquer the "Kankoku Pass of Zhao" I imagine Kanki and Ouhon will take care of this 5k men army in like an hour at most.
    So Kanki can straight up just follow Ousen to help take Gyou, unless Kanki is going to help out with Yotanwa and shin to make things go smoother there.
    Not to mention I believe this will be another war that lasts for many days unless we're going to trample all over Zhao, meaning that the whole army will be present later on day 1.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Interestingly, Ousen just sit there instead of rushing forward

I imagine it takes more than a few minutes to get out of sight of a siege, don't think he's standing still and if something happens while he's traveling I'm sure he can afford to look at his side to see what's going on, for the better of the army.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Interestingly, Ousen just sit there instead of rushing forward
    Yeah, there's no reason to rush anymore. They reached Retsubi before the Zhao reinforcements.

Well Yontanwa is going to embarrass Retsubi and Zhao in general here so Ousen actually can afford to stay there and watch the show.
    Though knowing him he will march on once he sees Yontanwa initiating siege. Yontanwa doesn't need him there. What kind of strategical general Ousen would be if he started to waste something as important as time ?
    He will be wasting it if he just sits on his ass watching Yontanwa crush Retsubi. So 99% Ousen will move on for Gyou .

it brings it back to this thread...

doesn't seems Ousen has anything special on Retsubi, and they don't rush forward even more. And yet he order only the mountain men to attack.

seems like he's really evaluating the value of mountain people army?

I think he knew from the get go that the Mountain folk and Shin would be able to conquer the fortess quickly. Just let them breeze through and take the city while conserving the strength of the other armies.

Even if Ousen had joined in, I don't think the siege itself would have really gone any quicker, once she got a foothold it was already over.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post

Btw, welcome to the forums
    this could still be valid, given whatever Riboku's (and Ousen's) plans are