4 21.05%
  • 3/5

6 31.58%
  • 4/5

5 26.32%
  • 5/5

3 15.79%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Carrot already is the final crew member. I won't be surprised if she just continues sailing like Kinemon and Vivi only for much longer before getting an official joining chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason why i think Mont Dor should be atleast a bit notable in the army is because his book power is very important for BM's ultimate goal since she wants to put all those unique creatures in them which might mean he is a important power in the BM pirates. No proof or anything but it's something to go on.

Don't really see how you can say Amande is particularly notable so far when all she did so far was cutting a tree and capturing Nami. I hope she is one of the more notable strong people in the army because she has a awesome personality and design but can't really decide anything on her strength yet i think.
    Sugar was basically the most central Joker pirate after Doffy but she was not the strongest. Fine to rank him above his brother and sistet but he hardly seems special beyond that.

She is simply the only stand-out after Bobbins and Tomago and simply has more of a presence than the 3 siblings. Of course with Randolf being a thrown away who knows but she is clearly just a fighter so hopefully she is good at that.

You are right that Lao G/Gladius are not just any pirate but i'm not really sure if i would call the enraged army just random pirates either since it's the army BM sent out when the previous sweet commander got defeated which would mean that while i'm sure there are some randoms in the army a lot of them should be decently strong atleast and a decent chunk of them could be on that level.
    We're not talking about the enraged army. We are talking about individuals among the army. The army is most dangerous because of Prometheus and Zeus. Not sure how a group with Bobbins, emotionless probably fairly superhuman fodder, and a bunch of high tiers with hax abilities does not fall under decently strong.

I might indeed be wrong on that though since i'm really mostly just assuming and we can't really be sure of anything until Oda shows more of their strength since it's indeed also possible that the enraged army has plenty of people who are not that strong and it's the strongest ones that makes the army one to be feared.
    I'm not sure what that strong even means to you? Psuedo-SN level? That is a very high level I don't think you can just throw around. Tomago is basically Vergo level so there is only so much space you can place Amande and then the siblings. Just not getting why you find it weird Sweet dude was taken out by Jinbe because you assumed he'd be above Gladius/Lao G/Caesar/Franky/Delinger/PH Dragon. Him being taken out is the evidence otherwise.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-14-2017 at 11:52 PM.

@Dayum;

You've just lost all credibility if you think Carrot is SH material. This will seriously detract from any argument you try to make in the future. It's well known that you have a terrible track record with predictions, but this is just laughable. Carrot is a quirky side character; nothing more, nothing less.

Also, she shares the letter C with Chopper. There's no way she can join.

(L)uffy
    (Z)oro
    (N)ami
    (U)sopp
    (S)anji
    (C)hopper
    (R)obin
    (F)ranky
    (B)rook
    (J)imbei
    Last edited by Kong; 01-15-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Is Reiju sh material to join?

- wants to die
    - has done horrible things
    - unique ability
    - appears bad but is actually good
    Reiju sucks

bad taste dude
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Red Hero Rax, The Jurassic Hero's Avatar
    rad paste mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    @Dayum;

You've just lost all credibility if you think Carrot is SH material. This will seriously detract from any argument you try to make in the future. It's well known that you have a terrible track record with predictions, but this is just laughable. Carrot is a quirky side character; nothing more, nothing less.

Also, she shares the letter C with Chopper. There's no way she can join.

(L)uffy
    (Z)oro
    (N)ami
    (U)sopp
    (S)anji
    (C)hopper
    (R)obin
    (F)ranky
    (B)rook
    (J)imbei
    Are you sure Oda thinks of it in letter way though? There is a great possible Carrot will be just a ally but there is also a possibility of her joining the straw hats since she has a shown a great interest in adventuring and is kind of like a female Luffy in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Carrot already is the final crew member. I won't be surprised if she just continues sailing like Kinemon and Vivi only for much longer before getting an official joining chapter.

Sugar was basically the most central Joker pirate after Doffy but she was not the strongest. Fine to rank him above his brother and sistet but he hardly seems special beyond that.

She is simply the only stand-out after Bobbins and Tomago and simply has more of a presence than the 3 siblings. Of course with Randolf being a thrown away who knows but she is clearly just a fighter so hopefully she is good at that.

We're not talking about the enraged army. We are talking about individuals among the army. The army is most dangerous because of Prometheus and Zeus. Not sure how a group with Bobbins, emotionless probably fairly superhuman fodder, and a bunch of high tiers with hax abilities does not fall under decently strong.

I'm not sure what that strong even means to you? Psuedo-SN level? That is a very high level I don't think you can just throw around. Tomago is basically Vergo level so there is only so much space you can place Amande and then the siblings. Just not getting why you find it weird Sweet dude was taken out by Jinbe because you assumed he'd be above Gladius/Lao G/Caesar/Franky/Delinger/PH Dragon. Him being taken out is the evidence otherwise.
    That's a really good argument actually. Sugar was extremely important but she was by no means one of the strongest, she just had a hax ability. Yeah guess we just have to wait and see on Mont Dor.

Okay i kind of see what you mean on Amande. She does indeed have more presence then most of the other members of the enraged army. If that indicates her being one of the strongest non-sweet commanders though. Guess we just have to wait and see on that but yeah i agree i hope and think she is given how cool she has been so far.

I meant decently strong as in being a decently strong yonko crew pirate. Not decently strong overall. While Prometheus and Zeus is obviously one reason why the enraged army is dangerous. Perhaps the reason BM considers the army so important too send out is also because of the people involved in it which is why i think most of the enraged army members (by yonko pirate standards) should be decently strong.

I meant that strong as not that strong in general i meant that strong in being as strong as Gladius and Lao G which yeah i might have overrated them quite a bit there since you are right that even if the army is dangerous because of the people involved the majority of them don't have to be on that level in order for the army to still be feared for people around say Barto/Cav level because of the members in it since just a couple of people count too.

I did not find it weird that Opera was taken out by Jinbie. You must be confusing me with someone else since i don't believe i ever said that. Opera could had been knocked out by Jinbie even if he was on that level since Jinbie did threw what looked like a strong enough attack to me at him.
    Last edited by Big Mom; 01-15-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    I meant decently strong as in being a decently strong yonko crew pirate. Not decently strong overall. While Prometheus and Zeus is obviously one reason why the enraged army is dangerous. Perhaps the reason BM considers the army so important too send out is also because of the people involved in it which is why i think most of the enraged army members (by yonko pirate standards) should be decently strong.
    I'm sorry. Not really sure what you're saying. High tiers are special period as far as the world is concerned. The guys who hardened and punched Luffy were nameless and just in the back ground of the enraged army and still hurt Luffy. That is very impressive for nameless fodders and hints they are high tiers. Just like all the Musketeers class Minks are High-tiers or very strong Mid-tiers assuming Carrot is one of the weaker and definitely least experienced Warrior Minks. An Army that is nothing but upper Mid-tiers and low High Tiers lead by Bobbins, someone at least a solid Mid-high tier is a very powerful army even without Prometheus&Zeus. Zeus&Prometheus were the highlights for their ship sinking capabilities. Most nations don't even have one High-tier. Then the actual fodders are not real people but more like Sugar's dolls. Only reason Luffy did well is because the Fodders couldn't fight and he's immune to Zeu's powers and Prometheus did nothing.

I did not find it weird that Opera was taken out by Jinbie. You must be confusing me with someone else since i don't believe i ever said that. Opera could had been knocked out by Jinbie even if he was on that level since Jinbie did threw what looked like a strong enough attack to me at him.
    I was mixing up arguments but you did say he should at least be stronger than the likes of them, Gladius/Lao G. My real point is that Glaidius&Lao would be decently strong NW captains if they each had crews and would need to be taken seriously by anyone barring SN&Silver Medalists and those above them. They and even the Seats are considered very strong compared to most people in the world. So are Cav, Bart, and base fat Moriah. Hell, so is Crocodile. That is a notch above Lao&Glad level. Opera is just one of many BM fighters&children.
    Last edited by Dayum; 01-15-2017 at 02:32 PM.

I'm somewhat doubtful that Diamante, Trebol, or Pica would have gotten up if Jinbe just snuck up on them and slammed them with a 5000 tile justice fist; it didn't take that much to put them down during the actual Dressrosa arc, at the very least the lesser executives would have been down for the count. It's hard to really tell where Opera ranks since once again Oda just had the Big Mom pirate one-shotted before even getting an actual fight.

It's disappointing how poorly Oda has been utilizing the commanders, we didn't even get to find out what his ability was before he went down. Big Mom should be the most powerful crew we've faced off against, she and her crew should appear as an insurmountable obstacle that the Strawhats couldn't help to overcome and instead they're looking like goofs. They're going up against an Emperor but I don't feel the threat level is being well conveyed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I'm sorry. Not really sure what you're saying. High tiers are special period as far as the world is concerned. The guys who hardened and punched Luffy were nameless and just in the back ground of the enraged army and still hurt Luffy. That is very impressive for nameless fodders and hints they are high tiers. Just like all the Musketeers class Minks are High-tiers or very strong Mid-tiers assuming Carrot is one of the weaker and definitely least experienced Warrior Minks. An Army that is nothing but upper Mid-tiers and low High Tiers lead by Bobbins, someone at least a solid Mid-high tier is a very powerful army even without Prometheus&Zeus. Zeus&Prometheus were the highlights for their ship sinking capabilities. Most nations don't even have one High-tier. Then the actual fodders are not real people but more like Sugar's dolls. Only reason Luffy did well is because the Fodders couldn't fight and he's immune to Zeu's powers and Prometheus did nothing.

I was mixing up arguments but you did say he should at least be stronger than the likes of them, Gladius/Lao G. My real point is that Glaidius&Lao would be decently strong NW captains if they each had crews and would need to be taken seriously by anyone barring SN&Silver Medalists and those above them. They and even the Seats are considered very strong compared to most people in the world. So are Cav, Bart, and base fat Moriah. Hell, so is Crocodile. That is a notch above Lao&Glad level. Opera is just one of many BM fighters&children.
    lol i must have put my point about the enraged army really weird because you are basically summing up what i said. The enraged army is powerful and most of them should be top mid/high tiers which means several of them might be close to Lao G/Gladius level who i consider basically high tiers unless i'm misunderstanding you myself.

Yeah i did say that at first but i realized i was being too extreme since you don't have to be stronger then Lao G and Gladius in order to be a strong yonko pirate, you can even be weaker. And yes i'm aware that's a very high level compared to a lot of people in the world. Weak compared to Doflamingo-level people but definitely not weak in any way overall and they could indeed be important people in yonko crews.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    . It's hard to really tell where Opera ranks since once again Oda just had the Big Mom pirate one-shotted before even getting an actual fight.
    Yeah this might be where the problem lies. I think Opera could be a high tier because he was one of the ones to be named in the enraged army but on the other hand he never got any real feat in terms of fighting so yeah i can understand Dayum thinking Opera is just one of many BM's fighters. He is probably very strong but we have no proof that he is actually a high tier on par with Lao G/Gladius so yeah he might not be all that notable compared to the major BM pirates.
    Last edited by Big Mom; 01-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I'm somewhat doubtful that Diamante, Trebol, or Pica would have gotten up if Jinbe just snuck up on them and slammed them with a 5000 tile justice fist; it didn't take that much to put them down during the actual Dressrosa arc, at the very least the lesser executives would have been down for the count. It's hard to really tell where Opera ranks since once again Oda just had the Big Mom pirate one-shotted before even getting an actual fight.

It's disappointing how poorly Oda has been utilizing the commanders, we didn't even get to find out what his ability was before he went down. Big Mom should be the most powerful crew we've faced off against, she and her crew should appear as an insurmountable obstacle that the Strawhats couldn't help to overcome and instead they're looking like goofs. They're going up against an Emperor but I don't feel the threat level is being well conveyed here.
    Cream-Cream Fruit. What else would it be? It was too self-explanatory to waste exposition on. He'll just name it in an SBS like Akainu or Machvise's ability.

I'm actually more interested in Galette's ability, since that's less clear. It looks like she fights with a cooking oil.

You guys really overrate Lao G and Gladius.

Now that I think about it, I don't really mind some of the one shots in this arc anymore as long as the more important members are handled properly. In the grand scheme of things, the situation is twofold -- you either please the crowd who enjoy the fights or you'll please the crowd who want the story to progress faster. Oda has handled it fine aside from Randolph who didn't really show anything before getting the one-shot treatment. Opera and Brule have shown a couple feats already and I'm satisfied enough with that. Oda hasn't been perfect but at least he's maintained a healthy balance between fights and story progression

Besides, I put the blame on Big Mom for having the sex drive of a seal elephant, there are way too many characters to highlight. The main issue I think people are having is the disappointment or downplay of the Big Mom pirates but I really think we'll get that accurate portrayal from the sweet commanders and maybe Bobbins. How often do we really assess a crew's strength from bottom to top? It's always been the top dogs who best represent a crew's strength (Marco, Jozu, Ace; calamities, etc.). We don't look at Sheepshead's shitty portrayal to judge Kaido's crew. It's always been the top dogs so fingers crossed that Smoothie doesn't get the Cracker treatment

And people might bring up Cracker's disappointment but he ultimately suffered from having a high potential (infinite durable biscuit production with a strong offensive attack) who happened to run into his natural fruit weakness & a character with ridiculous appetite. Plus he was dumb as bricks but you could really see how strong he would if it wasn't for the plot-shield factors

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    bad taste dude
    she boring

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

she boring
    Not everyone enjoys classical music
    Not everyone enjoys a good sophisticated dish
    You don't enjoy a good design
    ʕᴥʔ