Exile Election (PS4/PS Vita)

Nippon Ichi Software has announced Tsuihou Senkyo, or Exile Election, a new adventure game for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

First teased last week, Famitsu reports that the game is set in a closed amusement park where an “election” in which life and death hangs in the balance will begin. The game features 12 characters and a unique mascot character named Alice. Development is currently 90 percent complete.

Update 6:40 a.m.: Exile Election will launch in Japan on April 27 for 6,980 yen on PlayStation 4 and 5,980 yen on PS Vita.

The game starts when a mysterious mechanical doll named “Alice,” who calls itself the administrator, proposes a type of killing each other known as discussion. The player will challenge a death game swirling with schemes and expectations.

The protagonist’s name is Kaname Ichijou (voiced by Yoshitaka Yamaya). He is Misa Ichijou’s older brother, who always keeps calm, even in strange situations.

These are the rest of the characters:

• Alice (voiced by Hiromi Igarashi)
    • Ichika Houshi (voiced by Yurika Endo)
    • Misa Ichijou (voiced by Marika Kono)
    • Miori Himeno (voiced by Nao Shiraki)
    • Yuuri Himeno (voiced by Natsumi Fujiwara)
    • Michimine Isuroza (voiced by Tomoki Inoue)
    • Hakushuu Isumi (voiced by Shun’ichi Toki)
    • Izuki Ayara (voiced by Taku Yashiro)
    • Aasha Tadenomiya (voied by Risae Matsuda)
    • Kaasha Tadenomiya (voiced by Satsumi Matsuda)
    • Shihori Yurizono (voiced by Ayaka Imamura)
    • Issei Ninchouji (voiced by Kengo Kawanishi)

Here is the staff:

Producer: Moto Sugunuma
    Director: Akihiro Arahori
    Character Designer: Namanie
    Scenario: Maoto Nishikawa
    Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/01/nis-annou...on-ps4-ps-vita

tl;dr:

• New IP that seems very Zero Escape/Danganronpa-esque
    • Final stages of development
    • Release in Japan: April, 27. No localization confirmed yet
    • PS4 version around 60 bucks, PS Vita 40 bucks (standard pricing basically)
    • Set in an amusement park, where an 'election' takes place that decides the fate of the characters
    • Cast consists of 12 characters and one unique mascot called Alice (think Monokuma or Zero III)
    • It seems very, very weeby

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth noting: the scenario writer is Maoto Nishikawa, who has been credited with 9 visual novel titles in the past with titles such as Symphonic Rain. The director will be Akihiro Arahori, whose previous works include Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World and Trapt.

Yeah, I'm getting heavy DR vibes from this. You sure this game's not connected to that at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I'm getting heavy DR vibes from this. You sure this game's not connected to that at all?
    It's made by Spike (same company that makes DR) and I am gonna assume that they will try to copy DR's rise in prominence with as many IPs as they can. Spike's a decently small firm, I don't fault them for making a budget DR like this

As long as the mystery's good and the writing is at least intriguing, I don't care about it being an obvious ripoff from already established franchises

Ill wait until I can get this on steam, where itd probably be a lot cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Ill wait until I can get this on steam, where itd probably be a lot cheaper

You play Grim Fandango too?

Quote Originally Posted by Batou View Post
    It's made by Spike (same company that makes DR) and I am gonna assume that they will try to copy DR's rise in prominence with as many IPs as they can. Spike's a decently small firm, I don't fault them for making a budget DR like this

As long as the mystery's good and the writing is at least intriguing, I don't care about it being an obvious ripoff from already established franchises
    Myah, if there's too many similarities then I'm going to be put off a bit. Even the setting was already done in DR2.

Myah, if there's too many similarities then I'm going to be put off a bit. Even the setting was already done in DR2.
    actually, the game's made by nippon ichi software (same guys who made disgaea if that franchise is known to you), not spike

so it really does seem like a tasteless rip-off

anyways i will keep this thread updated so take a look every now and then chap

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/exile-ele...VLZLWv5uOSJ.99

this is frankly one of the most blatantly copy-and-pasted games i have seen in recent years. i am not exaggerating when i say that literally nothing about this game so far is original. it's gotten to the point where i think the creators of ZE and DR could sue this studio for downright copyright infringement/misuse of intellectual property (well, i dunno if these terms cover what i am thinking of, but they should bring my message across).

the premise of the game is a literal exact copy of santa's motives in ZE: 999, the exile election is the AB game 2.0, and the groups consisting of three is also blatantly from ZE (zero time dilemma in particular). then there's alice and it being zero III/lagomorph.

the game also takes the absurd stuff from DR (the setting relying on suspension of disbelief) and cranks it up a notch. instead of a post-apocalyptic world ushered in by a high-school girl, it's set in a post-apocalyptic world that is roamed by big, bad monsters.

this seems like the sort of game whose remedying factor is that it's so shitty that it could be actually entertaining. at least the MC is somewhat novel. not in that his backstory is, since he is after all an actual copy-paste of santa/aoi, but that he actually intends to kill all these horribly uninteresting characters. i hope they go all the way with it and we won't get the same old 'everybody survives'.

I don't wanna say I told you so but

I don't wanna say I told you so but
    i never really followed this game out of interest, but rather because i thought a new mystery IP by a notorious studio seemed to be worth giving the benefit of doubt to.

it's still being written by arahori who has shown that he can actually put out some emotionally engaging stuff, but so far this thing seems like a weeb fiesta. i'm not somebody that shuns others for weeby tastes, but the 'trailer' (that video is indeed supposed to be the trailer, and the music you hear in it is the actual theme of the game too), the designs and just the general premise of the game seem so horribly trashy that this quite frankly seems like a terrible game so far.

anyways, i am still crossing my fingers for this to be passable. but with so much blatant theft of established franchises already apparent, i almost want this thing to crash and burn. however, my expectations for this to ever get localized got basically disintegrated with the new info anyways. it's way too japanese, and it seems way too bad for a small studio like NISA to take a gamble on.