Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you think hes only slept for 3 hours a day for 10 years?

stop sucking his dick so hard, hes getting published in weekly shonen but cant meet the quota. i would say they should can his series but like that will ever happen. weekly shonen is going down the toilet.

4-5 years from now i think most if not all mangas will be self published directly on to the internet
    I aint sucking his dick . Get ur info correct before speaking

For Spoiled 'One Piece' Fans: Here's What Oda's Schedule Looks Like
    By Osvaldo Nunez | Oct 11, 2015 06:56 PM EDT

TAGS : EIICHIRO ODA, ONE PIECE

‘That Awkward Game Show’ And Host Jeff Dye Will Make You Laugh With Uncomfortable Parent-Child Situations

one piece
    (Photo : Facebook/One Piece Luffy)
    It's hard to think that artists who are paid to draw awesome manga have such strenuous lives. In the case of manga writer Eiichiro Oda, life just isn't that easy.

Eiichiro Oda is the creator of the best-selling manga in Japan "One Piece." Oda was 22 when he started writing it and now he is 40-years-old. To add to that, he himself said that "One Piece" still has around a decade left of story to tell.

18 years into production for the popular manga series, Oda has remained loyal to a certain schedule that allows him to write the amazing chapters he does. After all, attention to the manga's story and visuals requires a great deal of concentration and productivity from the artist/creator.

A typical day for Oda looks like this:

He wakes up at 5 a.m. and begins his work, only taking breaks for everyday things like eating and showering. By 2 a.m., his work is over but so is his day.

This is his regular routine, so one can imagine what his schedule looks like on busy days. Oda himself stated that he rarely takes weekends off.

Here's his process of writing a "One Piece" chapter:

Monday through Wednesday, Oda lays out how the chapter will go and character dialogue. Thursday through Saturday is spent drawing and inking. Oda uses Sundays to color and takes care of other things regarding the chapter.

Whenever Oda does get a day off, "One Piece" fans are livid everywhere. Sometimes we forget how spoiled we are.

So whenever Oda does get a day off, what exactly does he do?

"I meet up with my old assistants, or with other manga artists or friends who have helped me out, and we catch up with each other and talk about what we've been up to," he said.

"One Piece's" chapter count is up to 803 so far with no signs of stopping. For the sake of Oda's health and the longevity of the manga, perhaps he should take a few more days off, right?
    - - - Updated - - -

Yet the above punk thinks Oda schedule is propanganda

official One Piece newspaper, released to celebrate this weekend’s release of the movie One Piece: Film Gold, includes an interview with Eiichiro Oda and a look at his current work space. It also reveals the current status of the One Piece manga, which has already stirred much debate in the One Piece community.

In the interview, Oda was asked about his current health:

“Interviewer: Four years ago, you told us, ‘I’ll be fine with just coffee and coke,’ but we’ve heard that you’ve become more health conscious and began drinking lots of water.

Oda: I try to drink two liters of water a day. Just drink some water and you’ll be fine…flush everything away.

Interviewer: We’ve also heard that you’ve begun using fitness equipment.

Oda: I intentionally placed it to block the way between the staff’s room and my room. This way, I’ll have to use it. But I keep stubbing my pinky toe, it hurts (laughs).”

The interview goes on to address his notoriously strenuous sleeping schedule:

“Interviewer: Four years ago, you told us, ‘I go to bed at 2:00 a.m. and wake up at 5:00 a.m. to work on the manuscript. I’ve been doing this for 15 years, so it really affects my body.’ Have you increased your hours of sleep?

Oda: Basically…it hasn’t changed. I work towards my deadlines, so I’m just as busy as when I was younger, and I’ve managed to pull it off each time with three hours of sleep. And if I do sleep more hours, I’ll have to take those hours away from something else I have to do. I don’t like that, so my hours haven’t changed. If I decide that I’m going to sleep for four hours, it makes me dread that I’ll have to sleep an extra hour. But after turning in the manuscript, I give myself one day to get plenty of sleep. I used to catch up on sleep like this since I was younger, so that’s where I adjust everything and leave everything else a mess.”

“Sorry about this. Please wait for me for a bit.” – Eiichiro Oda, 2014 (Prior to hospitalization)
    Eiichiro Oda was hospitalized back in 2014. Prior to his hospitalization that year he said:

“Ever since last year, when I’d get tired, the body part in my throat called ‘tonsils’ would start to swell up. It really interfered with my work so this operation’s in order to remove those tonsils. But since I’m going to go under the knife, I think I might as well ask them to add bazookas to my shoulders. I’ll be back with a stronger body that’ll be able to take on all the different jobs I’ll be doing in the second part of this year. I’ll soon come back so please do come hang around again!”

Since that time, Oda has been taking more frequent breaks to recuperate, and according to his comments in Weekly Shonen Jump and this interview, he began exercising more frequently.

A huge thanks to Alison for translating this interview, and to William for translating the interview from 2014.

SOURCE: The One Piece Newspaper
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Ccrack; It was 15 year straight not 10 year my bad

If he really works 18 hours and sleeps 3 hours a day, then he's an idiot, and those who make/let him work that way are so even more. I'm sure that with those amounts, he can only do half as much as he would with 10 hours of work and 8 of sleep daily. Working while being tired cannot work, and working all day, even if not tired, dries out your mind so much that the output decreases rapidly both in quality and in quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Destruction View Post
    official One Piece newspaper, released to celebrate this weekend’s release of the movie One Piece: Film Gold, includes an interview with Eiichiro Oda and a look at his current work space. It also reveals the current status of the One Piece manga, which has already stirred much debate in the One Piece community.

In the interview, Oda was asked about his current health:

- - - Updated - - -
    @Ccrack; It was 15 year straight not 10 year my bad
    settle down you apologist spaz

I don't care if there are breaks(I am now more interested in Kingdom and OPM anyway).The big problem is that we only had one good arc(Zou arc) post skip so far.This arc is total mess(from too much plot armor for the SHs,Sanji's stupid behaviour and shity fights).
    Last edited by Bws; 01-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Red Hero Rax, The Hero From Beyond's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McCree View Post
    Oda gets no breaks.

Hes still working on the series the week the series doesn't release.

Dude works harder in a week than most people do in a month.
    Most Mangaka work similar schedules and don't take constant breaks.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Reiju is the best wtf she is the best girl introduced in a long while

I thought the vinsmokes are going to end up being the redemption tools of this arc or something but they end up being no bodies

I AM THROGG! THE TRUE KING IN THE NORTH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Reiju is the best wtf she is the best girl introduced in a long while
    Better than Big Mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangsta View Post
    Better than Big Mom?
    better

Pudding>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reiju

Pudding is Oda's apology for all the shitty princess subplots he's written. She's better than Reiju by default.

Lol, people complaining about Oda taking breaks for a week or two when there's mangaka out there who take breaks for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
    Lol, people complaining about Oda taking breaks for a week or two when there's mangaka out there who take breaks for years.
    You can't blame them, they love the material too much.

There are people out there that would kill for a page.

Quote Originally Posted by Oannes View Post
    Pudding>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reiju

Pudding is Oda's apology for all the shitty princess subplots he's written. She's better than Reiju by default.
    Pudding is so basic and predictable, totally boring.
    Her whole design tells you nothing but looks like the typical filler character walking around.

Reiju has class, there is something that attracks you, besides her body language is pretty sophisticated.

Why is this fucker taking another break?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I really wonder how will Oda handle the stuff surrounding Judge.He deserves the beating of his life but Sanji won't do it.Luffy we need you to learn everything about Judge

Seeing as Sanji is apparently Tyrian and Daddy Vinsmoke is Tywin while Pudding is Shay I sense a scene like this

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

How is Pudding Shae? She isn't having an affair with Judge. Although, I would love to see Sanji squash her in some way without using his own hands.

But she's some wangy whore.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Don't insult my Pudding like that.