4 28.57%
  • 9/10

1 7.14%
  • 10/10

9 64.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it splits the group into at least one part that is unfazed. If it was Batei one could argue he just arrived and is not able to grasp the situation so fast, but Bananji is (should be) competent enough.
    Why are you splitting into groups though? We're not talking about the rest. Just look at Riboku. He isn't in great shock.

It is because of Riboku knowing & even explaining how important such a rate of successive attacks is that makes me wonder why he is so surprised, or, concerned. He screwed Yan/Qin by killing their heroes, went into Qin court, challenged everyone and their gradmother, spent a year fortifying the western front and now gets cold feet with Ordo stepping by from the east? For the smartest person and god of prep this seems rather odd. Even while sharing a border with everyone and having poor personal.

To make a long story short: Yan seeking revenge should have been taken well into account. If it was Karin at the doorstep, suddenly deciding rather to snack Zhao than keep Qin in check, I would cut Riboku some slack.
    He isn't surprised and why wouldn't he be worried? Seriously....he's got Yotanwa, Ousen and Kanki + 200k kicking his front door in and Ordo + 10s of thousands of Yan soldiers knocking at the back. It doesn't matter how prepared Riboku is, he's in an absolute pinch.

It seems as if you're looking for a stick to beat Riboku with. There's been times in the past when he may have deserved it but this isn't one of them, IMO.

I wonder if we're eventually going to see Yotanwa vs Ordo in the future with her trying to add Ordo's men to her army collection.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    I wonder if we're eventually going to see Yotanwa vs Ordo in the future with her trying to add Ordo's men to her army collection.
    Ordo is getting rekted if this war happen.
    One Million Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    Four Hundred Thousand Years Ice Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Snow Emperor Xuenu
    One Hundred Thousand Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    Three Hundred Thousand Years Polar Ice Bear White
    One Hundred Thousand Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah
    Seven Hundred Thousand Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Who knows, he might conquer some and pull back after gaining some wins.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Riboku doesn't seem surprised at all just a bit concerned. He doesn't exactly have the manpower or subs necessary to really fight a battle well on two fronts. Zhao don't have that many troops and their generals are largely mooks and scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    He isn't surprised and why wouldn't he be worried? Seriously....he's got Yotanwa, Ousen and Kanki + 200k kicking his front door in and Ordo + 10s of thousands of Yan soldiers knocking at the back. It doesn't matter how prepared Riboku is, he's in an absolute pinch.
    In chapter 500 Riboku got news of 3 GG + 200.000 invading and Hara left it completely to Futei and Kaine to worry, while Riboku kept calm, praising SHK a bit and requesting reinforcements. Dude was on tranquilizers.

Now Ordo shows up (big surprise) and THIS is the gamechanger... I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Riboku doesn't seem surprised at all just a bit concerned. He doesn't exactly have the manpower or subs necessary to really fight a battle well on two fronts. Zhao don't have that many troops and their generals are largely mooks and scrubs.
    3GH. Perhaps even a young upstart under Bananji, which is why he is so unfazed.

In chapter 500 Riboku got news of 3 GG + 200.000 invading and Hara left it completely to Futei and Kaine to worry, while Riboku kept calm, praising SHK a bit and requesting reinforcements. Dude was on tranquilizers.

3GH. Perhaps even a young upstart under Bananji, which is why he is so unfazed.
    Hmm this wouldn't be a bad opportunity for a young upstart to appear and upset Ordo and he will be the next GH. Kisui simply doesn't cut the mustard....

Very good chapter.
    I hope that a new general (new generation commander, very talented and younger than shin) or 3rd GH crush Ordo, is the perfect moment to introduce a beast like this.

Keisha was the closest to the Seat of the 3rd Great Heavens and he died.

Wouldn't that mean there is nobody in Zhao currently that could handle the position of Great Heaven?

The only possible candidate I can think up of is GakuJou but he's not quite there yet. Koshou doesn't have enough experience considering he's the Guardian Diety of a capital which shouldn't be invaded at all for the last decade or something. The young upstart wouldn't have a chance since Zhao isn't surviving that long.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't even require a Great Heavens to stop the likes of Ordo anyways.

Good chapter.

I like how already in this arc, it as been taken into account food supplies, the weather etc on what moves should be made. Now with Ordo coming and Shunsuiju starting to realise that Qin is deceiving them, it already is intense, and battles haven't even begun.

Hara has been waiting 10/11 years to start this arc, and it seems like he is going to add as much as possible in regards to making sure this is an entertaining warfare, and having characters take things that weren't taken into consideration previously now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    Keisha was the closest to the Seat of the 3rd Great Heavens and he died.

Wouldn't that mean there is nobody in Zhao currently that could handle the position of Great Heaven?
    Technically yes, but thanks to crazy Zhao king Hara could just write some young (or old, grumpy) man in the north/east who totally is already a GH/near GH but meany Zhao king never allowed him to be. Yet Riboku is now tired of this shit and convinces the king that Zhao needs a third guy with the title.

Or Hara just pulls him out of nowhere like any other Zhao guy besides Renpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    The only possible candidate I can think up of is GakuJou but he's not quite there yet.
    More like he's buried in some desert or whatnot

Technically yes, but thanks to crazy Zhao king Hara could just write some young (or old, grumpy) man in the north/east who totally is already a GH/near GH but meany Zhao king never allowed him to be. Yet Riboku is now tired of this shit and convinces the king that Zhao needs a third guy with the title.

Or Hara just pulls him out of nowhere like any other Zhao guy besides Renpa.

More like he's buried in some desert or whatnot
    That's too convenient and I wouldn't like it.

GakuJou could been executed for all we know

Pretty nice way of having the Qin plan be discovered. Just incidental, a natural result of higher security - nothing actually wrong with the planning, nothing overlooked, just an absolute necessity to have more security in that one area resulting in spies being caught easier.

Feels a little unfortunate that their asses are only saved by Ordo's invasion, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    Feels a little unfortunate that their asses are only saved by Ordo's invasion, though.
    I really hope this will NOT be what we take from/other characters constantly tell us after this arc:
    "Riboku would have smacked them, if it wasn't for Ordo."

I think the same.
    And even without zhao king thing, Hara could create another GH candidate like a new generation general that is 20-21 years old. He is a monster and even in his age he already is in the GG/GH level. He is only general because he is too young and zhao military doesn't allow that a commander becomes general if is under 20 years old (he became general some time ago), or simply he didn't participate in too many battles due to he doesn't like the battles that aren't big/hard enough. These two different approaches are good enough to me.
    Last edited by Ares; 01-08-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Ehhh? Of course this is a game changer. He now has TWO states attacking him. Zhao are already up against it given that they're up against the single strongest army we've seen in the series.

3GH. Perhaps even a young upstart under Bananji, which is why he is so unfazed. [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    He is a monster and even in his age he already is in the GG/GH level. He is only general because he is too young and zhao military doesn't allow that a commander becomes general if is under 20 years old, or simply he didn't participate in too many battles due to he doesn't like the battles that aren't big. These two reasons are good enough to me.
    I don't know, sounds a bit screwy - a youngling with no real battle experience having never lead more than 5.000 men but being on GH level? Guess that could only work if he was showered with instinct to make The Duke look like a by-the-book-strategist

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Ehhh? Of course this is a game changer. He now has TWO states attacking him. Zhao are already up against it given that they're up against the single strongest army we've seen in the series.
    Ah forseeable game-changer Riboku could have set his clock to, as it happened according to his own instructions back in CW.
    So basically, last chapter it was already 3GH + 200.000 men + whoever very likely want to kick's Zhao's ass (*cough* Yan). Yet only the younglings were impressed.
    I guess we won't come together on this.

I don't know, sounds a bit screwy - a youngling with no real battle experience having never lead more than 5.000 men but being on GH level? Guess that could only work if he was showered with instinct to make The Duke look like a by-the-book-strategist
    Read again, I wrote it in a clearer way. I think now is easier to understand.
    Anyway I will do it more detailed, there two approaches:
    1. He is only general because is too young, and became general some time ago due to zhao military's restrictions. He also helped generals "secretly" like ouhon did. With this Hara can justify that he wasn't a candidate to become GH or wasn't very famous. Would be like GHM of zhao with martial ability.
    2. He is only general because he didn't participate in too many battles due to he don't like the battles that aren't big/hard enough. In this case he would have more experience because the age wouldn't be a problem. Maybe a "young Renpa" with a arrogant personality like ouhon.
    Last edited by Ares; 01-08-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    But Ousen has yet to reach his level because he can't read (not confirmed yet) the stars to predict freak events like the southeastern winds of Red Cliff
    Kongming once let Cao Cao go because "his star, although dim, is still alive". For all we knows, Ousen might actually do that to Renpa

There's plenty of ways Hara can introduce a top level character to be fair. I'm still sticking with my mountain tribe king parallel of Yotanwa theory. There could be a lazy guy who just refuses to go up in rank and achieve status, it could be a general who even fled from his old country recently ect. I'm sure Hara can think of plenty of ways. I mean there was nothing wrong with the Fire Dragon example other than the fact that they were supposedly legends of 15 years ago.