4 28.57%
  • 9/10

1 7.14%
  • 10/10

9 64.29%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kongming once let Cao Cao go because "his star, although dim, is still alive". For all we knows, Ousen might actually do that to Renpa
    Was that right after Red Cliff?

Riboku's side kick is way better than Keisha, those skills of intuitive deduction are incredible, I wonder if they had time to do anything at Kinan.

Ordo is badass, i really hope he doesn't get owned too quickly and does something impressive.

Kingdom right now is the most exciting weekly Manga, I can't wait to see how this battle turns out. There's also a possibility of the other states getting involved to blindside Zhao in coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Was that right after Red Cliff?
    iirc yes. apparently that's why he sent Guan Yu although he knew that he won't kill cao cao

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    iirc yes. apparently that's why he sent Guan Yu although he knew that he won't kill cao cao
    actually, he knew Guan Yu had that previous debt to Cao Cao, and sent him because he needed Cao Cao to live to create the Three Kingdoms status quo as Shu was way weaker than Wu was after the victory. That is along the line of Riboku's reasoning imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    actually, he knew Guan Yu had that previous debt to Cao Cao, and sent him because he needed Cao Cao to live to create the Three Kingdoms status quo as Shu was way weaker than Wu was after the victory. That is along the line of Riboku's reasoning imo.
    hmm.. the one i read said that he sent Guan Yu away to wash his debt to Cao Cao and the star reading indicate that Cao Cao will live anyway. might as well sending out Guan Yu there instead of other more important engagement.

but well.. haven't really read the original novel, so can't be sure

I didn't even know that chapter got released. Too many breaks does that.
    Anyway great chapter!
    While I don't find Ousen predicting rain spectacular(i know real life people who can do that) it is still noteworthy that Ousen is thinking of his army. It makes it seem like he is committed to this mission and wouldn't miss any minor detail.
    That is a good thing.
    The way Zhao discovered Qin's plan(though technically they still don't know entirety of plan. All Zhao right now knows is something strange is going on at that food depot) was genius writing from Hara.
    And Am I the only one who thinks that Ordo showing up is not a coincidence?
    IMO It was Ousen who manipulated Ordo to attack Zhao. Maybe not directly. He has spies in Ordo's ranks as we seen in this chapter. Ousen could have very easily fed relevant information to Ordo about Qin's attack on Zhao. I mean say even before Qin's forces marches towards Zhao, Ordo gets 'intel' about it. He would obviously do what any General with vendetta would do : Prepare his own army against Zhao. As long as Ordo believes that Qin's campaign is lengthy one(he wouldn't know about Gyou plan), he would believe that Riboku won't be able to come personally to fight him which presents unique opportunity for Yan to attack.
    Riboku was expecting Yan to attack, he is just surprised by timing. And I don't believe that timing is luck for Qin.
    Ousen's war has already started.

The hypothesis of pulling a top tier out of nowhere to save Zhao from this pinch would make me sick, in all honesty. I don't want more old guys "said to have done this and that in the 3GH era", I want the guys from Riboku's generation handing this, working hard and without any magic or fireworks, just like Shunsuiju has been doing thus far.

I encourage to introduce new characters to fill the spots of the Zhao generals who fell along the way, but not with monsters. Eventually, with guys with monstrous potential ala Kisui.

Quote Originally Posted by Amol View Post
    And Am I the only one who thinks that Ordo showing up is not a coincidence?
    IMO It was Ousen who manipulated Ordo to attack Zhao. Maybe not directly. He has spies in Ordo's ranks as we seen in this chapter. Ousen could have very easily fed relevant information to Ordo about Qin's attack on Zhao. I mean say even before Qin's forces marches towards Zhao, Ordo gets 'intel' about it. He would obviously do what any General with vendetta would do : Prepare his own army against Zhao. As long as Ordo believes that Qin's campaign is lengthy one(he wouldn't know about Gyou plan), he would believe that Riboku won't be able to come personally to fight him which presents unique opportunity for Yan to attack.
    Riboku was expecting Yan to attack, he is just surprised by timing. And I don't believe that timing is luck for Qin.
    Ousen's war has already started.
    While it is possible that Ousen has interfered, I don't see this as necessary.
    As we have often seen, most, if not all generals (unless they are pm/chancellor as well) are always stationed near a border to keep the other states away. Choutou was up against Chu (now Moubu), The Duke vs Wei (now Tou) and so on. So Ordo being stationed near Zhao was very likely a given.

Now the word has spread about Qin sending 3 GG and 200.000 men against Zhao (Riboku analyzed Sanyou, other states knew of Bayou and even minor battles like FD etc./ plus Yan-Qin alliance) and Ordo jumps into action hoping for a shock/confusion moment (and maybe attracting others).
    Last edited by say-and-sing; 01-09-2017 at 10:29 AM.

I thought it's Renpa

I think Ordo somehow will join Riboku. That is not because of his past with Ousen, but because of Riboku's Slyness.

I honestly thought it was Renpa at first as well

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

A YTer made a live reaction and was running around his room because he thought it was Renpa lol

Tbf I probably would have as well had I not seen the raw.

Actually would've been sick if Zhao still had Renpa. Renpa + Riboku team would've been raw

Renpa would have shattered Qin's dreams.

Riboku + Renpa would be nasty + they would get Kyouen and Kaishibou which helps.

Qin would have to wait until Renpa died of old age and who knows when that would happen

As hype as this arc already is, the hype would've been through the roof if he was here

Or they could wait for him to go senile

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    Renpa would have shattered Qin's dreams.
    oh maah gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd the idea of that....

there isn't even an emote I can find that's suitable.

We saw, Ousen + Kanki vs Renpa. Kanki on Attack and Ousen on defence. They won.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks View Post
    We saw, Ousen + Kanki vs Renpa. Kanki on Attack and Ousen on defence. They won.
    Different because renpa would have zhao troops and be on zhao turf plus riboku is here too.

Yotanwa is here too .