Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #1
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    39,831

    Best Final Fantasy game

    Best Final Fantasy games? Absolute best? Which ones would you suggest a newbie and why?

  2. #2
    FFXV

    open world





    一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

    十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

    Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'


  3. #3
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    VII and IX obviously.

  4. #4
    Method to Madness Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    27,492
    VII and it's not close.

  5. #5
    Banned Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    9,286
    I loved the 8 one except for the emo squall.

    Irving and Quistis were super cool.

  6. #6
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    17,507
    Well as far as characters and story/background goes I guess Final Fantasy 7 takes it, but gameplay wise I have no idea. I've never actually played a final fantasy game. the combat system never really appealed to me as much.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  7. #7
    Crisis Core

    I've only played X, XIII, and XIII-2 for the main ones. Gameplay, I loved XIII's system and NO FUCKING MINIGAMES. Storywise, go with 6 or 7, they're good from what I've read. X's story is serviceable but Tidus is a little bitch and XIII's story is weak.


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:

  8. #8
    The Superior Trap Featherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Denmark/Japan
    Posts
    9,390
    FFT


  9. #9
    Perfection Cormag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,127
    i'm not crazy about any main franchise game, although i've played all the really notorious installments. the final fantasy tactics games are all great, and dissidia was actually quite the novel fighting game too.

    i remember having tons more fun with FF XIII-2 than any main game. the story was garbage in that game but every FF has incredibly dubious plot imo, and the gameplay was much more engaging than eg. IX.

    i will get around to playing FF XV at some point this year

  10. #10
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crisis Core

    I've only played X, XIII, and XIII-2 for the main ones. Gameplay, I loved XIII's system and NO FUCKING MINIGAMES. Storywise, go with 6 or 7, they're good from what I've read. X's story is serviceable but Tidus is a little bitch and XIII's story is weak.
    Why even mention games you haven't played?

  11. #11
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Batou View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm not crazy about any main franchise game, although i've played all the really notorious installments. the final fantasy tactics games are all great, and dissidia was actually quite the novel fighting game too.

    i remember having tons more fun with FF XIII-2 than any main game. the story was garbage in that game but every FF has incredibly dubious plot imo, and the gameplay was much more engaging than eg. IX.

    i will get around to playing FF XV at some point this year
    Tactics isn't a real FF game. It's faux-Tactics Ogre game. If you like Tactics, but not the mainline games, you don't like Final Fantasy, desu.

    I really liked FF13, but it wasn't much of a game, more like an interactive anime where you are forced to fight mobs between "episodes".



    Maaya Sakamoto and Daisuke Ono <3 (skip to 1:08 for the cutscene)

    Last edited by Big Boss; 01-07-2017 at 10:49 PM.

  12. #12
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    8,348
    FFXII is my favourite. Best plot, best antagonists and best world. Several people bitched at first, but came to appreciate it afterwards.

    FFVII is a close second. Tbh I think it's overrated.



    Garbage ones are FFXII trilogy although the first one was decent halfway, and FFXV.

  13. #13
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangsta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFXII is my favourite. Best plot, best antagonists and best world. Several people bitched at first, but came to appreciate it afterwards.

    FFVII is a close second. Tbh I think it's overrated.



    Garbage ones are FFXII trilogy although the first one was decent halfway, and FFXV.
    I'll kill you if you insult mai goddess.


  14. #14
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll kill you if you insult mai goddess.

    I said the first one was decent halfway. I enjoyed the playable characters, except for that shotacon Hope.

    Or did you enjoy the third game or something? Playing dress up with Lightning?

  15. #15
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    >he didn't play dress up porn games on Newgrounds in the mid to late 2000s

    It's like you don't know how to have fun, newfag.

  16. #16
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,939
    Everything I ever saw about Lightning always rubbed me as her being pretty bland.

  17. #17
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    >he didn't play dress up porn games on Newgrounds in the mid to late 2000s

    It's like you don't know how to have fun, newfag.

    I played those when I was young. FFXIII 3 came out 2 years ago.

  18. #18
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything I ever saw about Lightning always rubbed me as her being pretty bland.
    Well, that's not true.

  19. #19
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    8,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything I ever saw about Lightning always rubbed me as her being pretty bland.

    Well she is Cloud morphed into female. Still thought she was alright, because Cloud was alright.

  20. #20
    Nuclear Big Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangsta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I played those when I was young. FFXIII 3 came out 2 years ago.
    Dress up games are still fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •