Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,910

    Best Gaming Deals!

    Since I follow games around a lot, and check the news consistently... I thought I might as well make this thread.

    I will be posting the deals that I consider being actually good deals.

    THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:

    - Humble Bundle (Recommendations on which bundle to buy and IF the Monthly one is worth your time)

    - Notifications about On The House from Origin

    - Bundle Stars (Same as humble bundle, recommendations on which bundles to buy)

    - And of course some steam stuff (this will be rare though since everyone uses steam and have their own wish list)


    -------------------------------------------------------------

    AND TO START IT ALL OFF



    MASS EFFECT 2 is right now On The House on Origin! Those of you who don't own the best of the ME franchise, better get it while you can!

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    About the Humble Assassin's Creed Bundle


    https://www.humblebundle.com/assassins-creed-bundle
    I recommend staying away from it for the following reasons:

    - The Side-Scrolling experience of the AC franchise is not worth your time, it simply isn't and even though it costs only 1$ that's 1$ down the drain that you will not get your investment back on.

    - AC1 is not worth getting anymore, especially since it's so old (and maybe you already own it, which makes the 1$ tier worthless).

    - Paying 8$ gets you AC2, AC3 and AC Libgeration, the latter being the worst since it's basically a DLC to the worst game in the AC franchise. AC2 is already old as fk (great game though) and AC3 is truly the worst AC game released to date with bad story, very boring characters etc... Not to mention that AC3 was FOR FREE at some point in time (like 2-3 months ago), which means you might have already picked it up and if you REALLY wanted AC2, then maybe buy this bundle because it's cheaper than buying the delux edition from steam for 10$

    - No point in wasting money on Unity unless you really want to play it as a fan of AC... Known for its horrendous bugs and glitches, bad performance and overall the starting point where the studio stopped caring about the story (or as they say it "didn't know what to do with it").

    Overall, you spend 15$ and you get games that you will mostly not play, some of them you might already own and at the end it's a bad investment.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hopefully this doesn't die out as fast as other threads related to games on this site ;P

    - - - Updated - - -
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

    On the side note of things you SHOULD get if you don't already own them:

    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...-mordor-bundle

    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor


    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...-mordor-bundle

    This is the GotY version with all the DLCs... Imagine having AC and Batman games having a child with LotR theme and powers, that's basically this game (and it's fking epic). Get it if you don't already have it, I guarantee you will love the gameplay experience (and the story if you like LotR)
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  2. #2
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    2,547
    You recommend Shadow of Mordor? Bury this thread.

  3. #3
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,910
    DISGAEA:

    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/disgaea-pc-game

    For those of you who are fans of Disgaea and don't own it (or illegally own it and want to buy it :P) you can get it here for 50% less.

    ---------------------------------------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangsta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You recommend Shadow of Mordor? Bury this thread.
    What's wrong with Shadow of Mordor, it executed what it wanted pretty much prefectly... The gameplay is its main selling point and it's top fking notch. Unless you're trying to troll, I see no reason why you would hate Mordor that much for no good reason.
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  4. #4
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    2,547
    The combat in this game was fucking horrible. You can beat most fights with 1 finger. That's pretty bad for an action game. It coulden't even copy Arkham properly.


    That enemies rank up and get stronger after a fight gimmick was one of the few cool things about it.

  5. #5
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The combat in this game was fucking horrible. You can beat most fights with 1 finger. That's pretty bad for an action game. It coulden't even copy Arkham properly.


    That enemies rank up and get stronger after a fight gimmick was one of the few cool things about it.
    pretty sure you didn't play on the hardest difficulty... Because on that difficulty you will pretty much get utterly destroyed if you get ganged up on. Only in the late game do you actually survive that stuff. And I am a guy who played and finished Dark Souls, so I know what hard combat looks like.

    Not to mention not ALL games need to be DS difficult, some are simply an enjoyable experience... Plus, if it won GotY, got community recognition etc... You can hardly say it's a bad game without being biased (which means you'd do very badly as a critic).

    ------------------------------------------------------------



    https://www.humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle

    A pretty damn good deal which you should at the very least consider.
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  6. #6
    Murim-in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pretty sure you didn't play on the hardest difficulty... Because on that difficulty you will pretty much get utterly destroyed if you get ganged up on. Only in the late game do you actually survive that stuff. And I am a guy who played and finished Dark Souls, so I know what hard combat looks like.

    Not to mention not ALL games need to be DS difficult, some are simply an enjoyable experience... Plus, if it won GotY, got community recognition etc... You can hardly say it's a bad game without being biased (which means you'd do very badly as a critic).

    ------------------------------------------------------------



    https://www.humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle

    A pretty damn good deal which you should at the very least consider.
    You think it's Worth it if I already have rust? Don't really know the other games, although I used to play shadowrun(not the video game) a while back

  7. #7
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Murim-in View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think it's Worth it if I already have rust? Don't really know the other games, although I used to play shadowrun(not the video game) a while back
    1st Tier:

    Else.Heart.Break() is a programming/hacking game (basically if you hate programming you probably won't play it)

    Evoland 2 is basically a gem imho. If you like to see games evolve right in front of your eyes (from old fashioned 2D to full blown 3D) and have a light hearted joy while playing, then it's definitely worth it.

    Victor Vran is definitely a good choice if you're not a huge fan of the loot fest ARPGs like Diablo where loot is everything and barely any story except for bits here and there. Victor Vran has a bit more emphasis on story and joking around (a lot of sarcastic humor and it's good imo). The combat is also refreshing, it ditches the classic class system in favor of weapon based skills (depending on the weapon, the skills change etc...).

    Overall, the 1$ bundle is something you should probably buy right now. If you like Evoland 2 and Victor Vran

    ----------------
    2nd Tier: (1st tier comes with it as well)

    As for the 2nd tier, it's a little hard to recommend if you already own Rust. Mainly because Shadowrun is a type of game that you either like or hate (no inbetween). You have a cult following for it that says it's an awesome game, and then you have a lot of people saying it is nothing special and isn't worth your time. So if you've never played tactical RPGs before (which I doubt) you probably have an opinion already on Shadowrun if you've seen a video or two on youtube.

    The reason why I am very hesitant in recommending the 2nd tier is Crusaders 2... It's not worth your cash at all. From AI issues to basically being inferior to its predecessor (Crusaders 1). If you want to play a Stronghold game, then buy the Stronghold Crusaders 1 HD remake on steam.

    So basically it's you valuing what is worth more. Getting Shadow run for 4$ while getting 2 extra games of which 1 you already own and the 2nd you probably won't play/enjoy. Or stick with the 1$ tier and get 3 games of which you own 0 and will most likely play 2 and save 3$.

    In the end... If I were you, I'd stick with the 1$ tier. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Game Master; 01-19-2017 at 03:09 PM.
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  8. #8
    Murim-in's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Montreal, CA
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1st Tier:

    Else.Heart.Break() is a programming/hacking game (basically if you hate programming you probably won't play it)

    Evoland 2 is basically a gem imho. If you like to see games evolve right in front of your eyes (from old fashioned 2D to full blown 3D) and have a light hearted joy while playing, then it's definitely worth it.

    Victor Vran is definitely a good choice if you're not a huge fan of the loot fest ARPGs like Diablo where loot is everything and barely any story except for bits here and there. Victor Vran has a bit more emphasis on story and joking around (a lot of sarcastic humor and it's good imo). The combat is also refreshing, it ditches the classic class system in favor of weapon based skills (depending on the weapon, the skills change etc...).

    Overall, the 1$ bundle is something you should probably buy right now. If you like Evoland 2 and Victor Vran

    ----------------
    2nd Tier: (1st tier comes with it as well)

    As for the 2nd tier, it's a little hard to recommend if you already own Rust. Mainly because Shadowrun is a type of game that you either like or hate (no inbetween). You have a cult following for it that says it's an awesome game, and then you have a lot of people saying it is nothing special and isn't worth your time. So if you've never played tactical RPGs before (which I doubt) you probably have an opinion already on Shadowrun if you've seen a video or two on youtube.

    The reason why I am very hesitant in recommending the 2nd tier is Crusaders 2... It's not worth your cash at all. From AI issues to basically being inferior to its predecessor (Crusaders 1). If you want to play a Stronghold game, then buy the Stronghold Crusaders 1 HD remake on steam.

    So basically it's you valuing what is worth more. Getting Shadow run for 4$ while getting 2 extra games of which 1 you already own and the 2nd you probably won't play/enjoy. Or stick with the 1$ tier and get 3 games of which you own 0 and will most likely play 2 and save 3$.

    In the end... If I were you, I'd stick with the 1$ tier. But that's just my opinion.
    Wow thanks for the breakdown! I'll definitely buy the lower tier!

  9. #9
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pretty sure you didn't play on the hardest difficulty... Because on that difficulty you will pretty much get utterly destroyed if you get ganged up on. Only in the late game do you actually survive that stuff. And I am a guy who played and finished Dark Souls, so I know what hard combat looks like.

    Not to mention not ALL games need to be DS difficult, some are simply an enjoyable experience... Plus, if it won GotY, got community recognition etc... You can hardly say it's a bad game without being biased (which means you'd do very badly as a critic).
    .
    If I find a game to easy, you bet your ass I play it on higher difficulty. You get ganged upon to the point where you get destroyed? Don't play like a baby. Everyone and their mother has finished DS, idc it doesn't matter.


    No they certainly don't, but games like these definitely needs to bring a challenge. The story started of as interesting, went on to become boring imo. The world was fine and I liked the stealth aspect.

    Biased? Are you fucking kidding me? There was barely any good games 2014.

  10. #10
    Chess Master Game Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I find a game to easy, you bet your ass I play it on higher difficulty. You get ganged upon to the point where you get destroyed? Don't play like a baby. Everyone and their mother has finished DS, idc it doesn't matter.


    No they certainly don't, but games like these definitely needs to bring a challenge. The story started of as interesting, went on to become boring imo. The world was fine and I liked the stealth aspect.

    Biased? Are you fucking kidding me? There was barely any good games 2014.
    We can continue this elsewhere (VMs or something)... Since you don't seem to be able to hold a civilized conversation without insulting to get your point across. In any case the way you're talking simply proves you want to troll rather than hold a conversation... Cause you obviously are not prepared to change your opinion and just want to force it on others, so good day to you mate

    And please, this thread is meant for gaming deals, if you don't like the game I am recommending don't buy it And dont' spam this thread with useless posts trying to start a debate, this isn't a debate thread. (and btw, there have been a lot of good games released in 2014, they just probably weren't the genre you like)

    - - - Updated - - -


    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/metro-redux

    One of the best Thriller FPS games ever released. You get both Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light (both redux versions). Redux versions are improved versions (better graphics and customized guns etc...)

    Some people say Metro 2033 Original is better than the Metro 2033 Redux(harder gameplay), however I never played the original so I can't say.

    REMEMBER TO CHECK WHICH COUNTRIES ARE SUPPORTED (Region locks). It's on the right side just above the "add to cart"
    Stay a while, and listen!

    I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

    Get over here!

    The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!




  11. #11
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop it!
    I made one simple jest, but you coulden't ignore it.

    But you started this to share information that might be useful to others. So I'll stop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •