Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 157 of 157
  1. #141
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    56,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He said himself he wouldn't let vengeance consume him anymore at the end of Civil War.

    But yeah, I can agree with parts of what you said. It definitely was overrated and the humor was pretty lackluster but I did enjoy the overall movie.

    I'd say a solid 7 would do, slow start and then really fast pacing.
    What would Killmonger do when facing the Hulk?


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  2. #142
    I'll watch this next weekend most likely.
    No.​

  3. #143
    I do have to say all of the new Marvel films have been consistently good. They've finally hit a stride after the shaky beginning.. the films now all have their individual flavor rather than feeling like a snippet in service of a wider verse, they humor themselves well.. the themes don't feel so puerile like Iron Man 3. The last 6 films have all been 7/10s and above.

    My ranking

    1. Thor: Ragnarok
    2. Spiderman: Homecoming
    3. Black Panther
    4. Doctor Strange
    5. Captain America: Civil War
    6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

  4. #144
    I put the milk in first Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,135
    homecoming was garbo
    Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I donít bother you - donít bother me"

  5. #145
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9,476
    It didn't feel cheap, and that is a huge pluss.
    ‚Äč‚Äč

    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  6. #146
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    homecoming was garbo
    you didn't like the new Spidey?

  7. #147
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    56,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you didn't like the new Spidey?

    I don't like his high tech suit


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  8. #148
    I put the milk in first Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you didn't like the new Spidey?
    it was comparatively lower in quality than the tobey mcguire spiderman era imho
    Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I donít bother you - donít bother me"

  9. #149
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it was comparatively lower in quality than the tobey mcguire spiderman era imho
    Spiderman vs Doc Ock?

  10. #150
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    56,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spiderman vs Doc Ock?
    Ink


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  11. #151
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ink
    sup brother?

  12. #152
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    56,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sup brother?
    You can play the villain of BP 2


    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  13. #153
    I put the milk in first Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spiderman vs Doc Ock?
    pyure greatness
    Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I donít bother you - donít bother me"

  14. #154
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can play the villain of BP 2
    movie would end in 5 minutes

  15. #155
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    17,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it was comparatively lower in quality than the tobey mcguire spiderman era imho
    I'd say only SM2 maybe qualifies. The handling of high school Pete and his life concerning the suit was much better handled in Homecoming compared to 1. But the division between life, responsibility, and what falls between for dreams with an interesting villain belongs to 2 over Homecoming.



  16. #156
    I put the milk in first Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say only SM2 maybe qualifies. The handling of high school Pete and his life concerning the suit was much better handled in Homecoming compared to 1. But the division between life, responsibility, and what falls between for dreams with an interesting villain belongs to 2 over Homecoming.
    interesting.

    which one of these films would you say accurately depicted spider man in the comics?
    Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I donít bother you - donít bother me"

  17. #157
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    17,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    interesting.

    which one of these films would you say accurately depicted spider man in the comics?
    Homecoming did a pretty good job of it. Spider-Man 2 as well, especially with the confused villain, power confusion, what constitutes life and responsibility, etc.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I should add that I feel Holland portrayed a better Spider-Man/Peter Parker, but the Raimi films far and away had the much better supporting cast of actors.

    Simmons as JJJ was by far the most perfect portrayal of the Daily Bugle's famous editor.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •