This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to W'Kabi's hair?
    what's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    what's wrong with it?
    I want this

We got this.

The rest looks great tho. Forest Whitaker with that face paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    I want this

We got this.

The rest looks great tho. Forest Whitaker with that face paint.
    I'll look for it but I think in the christopher priest run of black panther he had the fade like in the picture lol

I'll look for it but I think in the christopher priest run of black panther he had the fade like in the picture lol
    I don't expect everyone to look identical to their comic versions or anything, but that's the feature I remember him best by.

I don't expect everyone to look identical to their comic versions or anything, but that's the feature I remember him best by.
    Yea I get it. But anyways I found it. He had a metal arm too.

I... don't know if I'm interested in this movie.

1) The Michael B. Jordan Villain Kilmonger? I couldn't give a crap about another carbon copy of the Hero. Ulysses Klaue/Andy Serkis Seems much more interesting. So I hope he has a more prominent role than MBJ.

2) There's really not much there. I doubt they can make a interesting plot out of this within the restraints they have. Threat of Civil War? Doubt they'll have time between introducing everyone to do more than 2-3 action scenes then an end fight.

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

Yea I get it. But anyways I found it. He had a metal arm too.

I don't think I've read this one

You haven't read Priest's run?

Get out there and get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    You haven't read Priest's run?

Get out there and get to it.
    I will!

Priest is regarded as Black Panther's best running author amongst fans. It's a solid read.

My hopes are high for this film. Im not that knowledgeable about the Marvel franchise but out of all the characters i know from it, the Black Panther is easily my favourite. Hes a pure martial artist and cqc fighter right? If so, itll be interesting to see what other superhuman level people appear in this film and how the BP is portrayed combatively.

On a side note, within the Marvel universe, how does BP stack up to the other characters in terms of raw martial skill and prowess?

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    My hopes are high for this film. Im not that knowledgeable about the Marvel franchise but out of all the characters i know from it, the Black Panther is easily my favourite. Hes a pure martial artist and cqc fighter right? If so, itll be interesting to see what other superhuman level people appear in this film and how the BP is portrayed combatively.

On a side note, within the Marvel universe, how does BP stack up to the other characters in terms of raw martial skill and prowess?

In the movie, yes. But, from what I know, different incarnations of the character in the comics do give him powers and whatnot.

He's pretty much among the best of the best both in terms of martial skill and intelligence.
    @Makenzye; Can answer in much more detail.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    In the movie, yes. But, from what I know, different incarnations of the character in the comics do give him powers and whatnot.

He's pretty much among the best of the best both in terms of martial skill and intelligence.
    That's music to my ears. I honestly thought he was at best on the general level of people like Captain America, Bucky, Black widow etc in hand to hand combat since hes a lesser character compared to them

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post

That's music to my ears. I honestly thought he was at best on the general level of people like Captain America, Bucky, Black widow etc in hand to hand combat since hes a lesser character compared to them
    For a long time he was physically as capable as Steve Rogers as a heart shaped herb granted him a perfect physical body. From a very young age, T'Challa has been trained in advanced sciences and martial arts from around the world in preparation for his role as king and protector so he could beat guide Wakanda in times of peace and as the spear of war. As the BP, he wore a suit weaved with vibranium which allowed him to eat up blows from people as powerful as the Hulk and survive tremendous falls. A master combatant, and possibly one of the best in all of Marvel (sometimes argued as -the- best, though several a few others may hold that claim), he is versed in unarmed and armed combat of several types of weapons. Native to the "Panther's Habit" he had vibranium tipped claws in his fingers which shred through most materials, energy daggers, and has even had the true Ebony Blade in his possession. Obviously his suit has plenty of technology as befitting the throne of the most advanced nation on Earth and has blended them well into his fighting style, though has proven just as deadly without those advantages.

And this is before he became the Black Panther of the Necropolis, which channels the power and wisdom of all Black Panthers before him.

Ill end it with this: If you stripped Batman and the Panther down to a pair of underwear and made them fight each other to victory? Well, I'd bet my paycheck on the Panther.
    Last edited by Makenzye; 07-14-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    For a long time he was physically as capable as Steve Rogers as a heart shaped herb granted him a perfect physical body. From a very young age, T'Challa has been trained in advanced sciences and martial arts from around the world in preparation for his role as king and protector so he could beat guide Wakanda in times of peace and as the spear of war. As the BP, he wore a suit weaved with vibranium which allowed him to eat up blows from people as powerful as the Hulk and survive tremendous falls. A master combatant, and possibly one of the best in all of Marvel (sometimes argued as -the- best, though several a few others may hold that claim), he is versed in unarmed and armed combat of several types of weapons. Native to the "Panther's Habit" he had vibranium tipped claws in his fingers which shred through most materials, energy daggers, and has even had the true Ebony Blade in his possession. Obviously his suit has plenty of technology as befitting the throne of the most advanced nation on Earth and has blended them well into his fighting style, though has proven just as deadly without those advantages.

And this is before he became the Black Panther of the Necropolis, which channels the power and wisdom of all Black Panthers before him.

Ill end it with this: If you stripped Batman and the Panther down to a pair of underwear and made them fight each other to victory? Well, I'd bet my paycheck on the Panther.
    Im glad to hear that, although he didn't look any stronger than Captain America in the most recent movie and even Bucky was trading evenly with him at times. Based off the comic/written material, can any of the more ethereal god like fighters match him physically?

Im glad to hear that, although he didn't look any stronger than Captain America in the most recent movie and even Bucky was trading evenly with him at times.
    Well it was Caps movie so they had to make him shine more than BP. But he was way more impressive than Bucky. He matched him in cqc while he was in brainwashed mode without his suit lol

Based off the comic/written material, can any of the more ethereal god like fighters match him physically?
    Like who?

Im glad to hear that, although he didn't look any stronger than Captain America in the most recent movie and even Bucky was trading evenly with him at times. Based off the comic/written material, can any of the more ethereal god like fighters match him physically?
    The Captain America we see in the films is actually a blend of different Steve Rogers, and primary among those are the regular Captain America and an alternate reality Cap. His personality and character is inspired by the Mainstream or "616" Captain America, while his power set was inspired by the Ultimate or "1610" Captain America (when there WAS a 1610 to draw from, as that dimension has long since been destroyed.) So the Cap of the MCU (or 199999) possesses true super strength, super endurance (which all Cap's share), super durability, super speed (to a degree), an enhanced mind, and probably super healing. All of that without the racism, backwards thinking, or overly aggressive nature inherent to the 1610 Cap.

Can he fight more ethereal god like fighters? I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can he fight gods? Black Panther has gone out of his way to basically spit in the face of god-like beings even though he submits himself to the will of the Panther God Bastet, and his vibranium suit ~should~ have some defenses to magic even though writers often confuse just what Vibranium can and can't do (such as supercharge magic or explode when hit too many times). In the comics the Panther will utilize specialty items or armors to fight more powerful foes way beyond his physical range, and often times he will come out pretty good for it. Unless of course that god-like being is Namor supercharged by a fragment of the Phoenix Force, then Wakanda nearly drowns and leads to a civil war where people think T'Challa is being too kind to a man who tried to kill them and doesn't spend enough time on the throne. But hey if you'll forget about Avengers vs X-Men then so will I. Black Panther's best outcomes are ones in which he's had adequate time to analyze and prepare for a conflict, which is something he is always doing. Since we never really got the full range of what being "King of the Dead" did to him, we'll never really know how powerful he was. Though it seems like it really hasn't done too much post-Secret Wars. Or the writers just forgot he's meant to get a big mystical boost of power.

Oh, and I'm going to regret this: Once upon a time the Black Panther was able to easily force the Silver Surfer into submission with a nerve pinch. Something which shouldn't be possible.