Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127
Results 2,521 to 2,529 of 2529
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Five minutes into the match and Omega already going through tables.
    No DQ matches are rare in NJPW, you know they're gonna go nuts with it.

It feels weird to say, but is Jericho one of the most underrated wrestlers in history? When people think of the all-time greats, they instantly go to Rock, Austin, Shawn Michaels, maybe even Hulk. And there are other wrestlers who are talked about more highly in regards to their technical skill, like Bret Hart. But Jericho has been doing this for a very long time (he's 47) and he's constantly reinvented himself, lived up to the hype, and has a huge list of achievements, including winning every single title in WWE (except Universal, but W/E). I don't think it's unfair to say he might be a top five talent of all-time.
    He’s definitely not on same level as Austin, Rock and Hogan. Those guys spearheaded the boom periods of wrestling and are the biggest stars in wrestling history ever. Shawn Michaels on the other hand was involved in matches of the year, almost every single year. Probably the best in-ring performer in wwe history.

Personally I think Jericho is ranked accurately by most fans. For me he is not above talents like Rey mysterio or Jeff Hardy.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    No DQ matches are rare in NJPW, you know they're gonna go nuts with it.
    Yeah, it's fucking brutal already. But the ref needs to stop counting rope holds and count outs; it's no DQ.

Jericho modifying the lionsault to counter Omega's spring board was a sick spot.

The Commander From Hell

Yeah, it's fucking brutal already. But the ref needs to stop counting rope holds and count outs; it's no DQ.

Jericho modifying the lionsault to counter Omega's spring board was a sick spot.
    I love that Jericho ignored the rope hold count, no DQ baby!

Yeah that was a great spot, perfect timing aswell. There's a couple more you'll probably love later on.

Man, Kenny have his head smashed into the chair that's up on the ring post was brutal; there's one impact where you can see the chair indent.

The Commander From Hell

Yeah, that was a really well done match. Not as many big spots or bumps as I thought there might be, especially since Omega hit some crazy spots at last year's WK, but overall I enjoyed this. I think Omega is one hell of a performer and that he should never come to WWE because he'll never be allowed to do what he's doing now over there. The actual matches in NJPW are just better overall from the Red Shoes, to the announcers, to the stiffer in ring work. Sure, you might not get a ton of promos or stories like in the WWE, but I think NJPW really does something special in the ring.

The Commander From Hell

Yeah, that was a really well done match. Not as many big spots or bumps as I thought there might be, especially since Omega hit some crazy spots at last year's WK, but overall I enjoyed this. I think Omega is one hell of a performer and that he should never come to WWE because he'll never be allowed to do what he's doing now over there. The actual matches in NJPW are just better overall from the Red Shoes, to the announcers, to the stiffer in ring work. Sure, you might not get a ton of promos or stories like in the WWE, but I think NJPW really does something special in the ring.
    Omega has said more than once that he has no interest in going to WWE, thank God.

WK12's attendance was actually over 10K higher than last year's, so it'd be kinda silly if WWE keeps treating them like their the minor leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Omega has said more than once that he has no interest in going to WWE, thank God.

WK12's attendance was actually over 10K higher than last year's, so it'd be kinda silly if WWE keeps treating them like their the minor leagues.
    It makes me kind of sad thinking about WWE matches after watching NJPW. I don't think that NJPW guys necessarily out works WWE guys, but WWE guys don't have the same kind of freedom that NJPW guys do. I think that given a chance to have the same kind of freedom the NJPW guys have, we could see a lot of WWE guys put on these kind of matches.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, there's a reason guys like Zayn and Nakamura were highly regarded before coming to the WWE and have struggled to get super over.

The Commander From Hell

It makes me kind of sad thinking about WWE matches after watching NJPW. I don't think that NJPW guys necessarily out works WWE guys, but WWE guys don't have the same kind of freedom that NJPW guys do. I think that given a chance to have the same kind of freedom the NJPW guys have, we could see a lot of WWE guys put on these kind of matches.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, there's a reason guys like Zayn and Nakamura were highly regarded before coming to the WWE and have struggled to get super over.
    Absolutely. WWE micromanage everything and I imagine it's very difficult trying to be a success while following their rules. Nakamura's had flashes of brilliance against guys like Zayn and Orton but he's been very meh for the most part, even Omega says so.

Although it looks like a Nakamura/Styles match is in the works for WrestleMania, so that could be the boost he needs right now.