Thread: Jou versus Kuga

Jou versus Kuga

Put first year Jou in Souma's position during the festival matchup (Jou doesn't have his rep to depend on and Shiomi replaces Megumi), would he be able to beat Kuga after the whole thing ends? How about on day one?

If not, he gets first year Gin and 2nd year middle school Azami to help him around the time Mimasaki and Takumi started to help Souma.

Jouichirou would destroy based on his hype alone.

in skill yes but this is about sales

I think Kuga would still win overall in the 1st scenario.

2nd Scenario probably goes either way in overall sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Kuga would still win overall in the 1st scenario.

2nd Scenario probably goes either way in overall sales.

What if Gin and Azami were there first day to help (they don't have their rep either)? What would be the ratio of overall sales in the end?

hmm.. after seeing all this flash backs, It seems that Jou is portrayed as someone who's leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else in term of creativity and ideas

Even if we assume that their skill level is comparable at that time (which isn't exactly cared since the battle plays more with reputation and attraction in this one). Somehow I think he should be able to make something that's good enough to attract people and make them curious about the dish and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post

What if Gin and Azami were there first day to help (they don't have their rep either)? What would be the ratio of overall sales in the end?
    They would stomp.

I don't doubt that Joichiro can bring in a lot customers by himself but the problem is no matter the amount of people he brings in there is a limit to how much he can make in a short amount of time.

what about if Jou was in the high class area, would he be able to beat out Momo?

Probably not. In that sort of scenario pastries/sweets are probably the best thing one could sell.

I feel like without rep it would be very hard for them to stomp Kuga. The only reason souma got even close was because Kuga had too many customers on saturday. They might be able to steal some customers from day 1 and end up tied or even a bit ahead of Kuga by the end.

In the high class area I don't think he does anything at all. People who venture there normally have reservations made, I don't think he would get enough expostion.

Probably not. In that sort of scenario pastries/sweets are probably the best thing one could sell.
    because they're easy to make in vast quantities?

Quote Originally Posted by Murim-in View Post
    I feel like without rep it would be very hard for them to stomp Kuga. The only reason souma got even close was because Kuga had too many customers on saturday. They might be able to steal some customers from day 1 and end up tied or even a bit ahead of Kuga by the end.

In the high class area I don't think he does anything at all. People who venture there normally have reservations made, I don't think he would get enough expostion.
    What if jou got his competition winning rep for the high class area then?

What if jou got his competition winning rep for the high class area then?
    Stomps, from what we've seen thus far there was no one that could challenge him during his time at Totsuki.

because they're easy to make in vast quantities?
    That and who wouldn't want sweets in a festival?

Quote Originally Posted by Murim-in View Post
    Stomps, from what we've seen thus far there was no one that could challenge him during his time at Totsuki.

That and who wouldn't want sweets in a festival?
    But it's a high class area, most likely full of maks instead of allaras

I was under the assumption that Momo set up her stall in the main road or something.

He stomps.

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."

I was under the assumption that Momo set up her stall in the main road or something.
    I thought you had to set it up in the building, though Isshiki got his by the river iirc

Might have to reread it.