3 17.65%
  • 4/5

4 23.53%
  • 5/5

9 52.94%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

cant wait for sanjis masterplan reveal

mr prince hype

I would have preferred a glare of determination or a smirk from Sanji though. Maybe next chapter.

I thought jimbei was being pubished by big mom

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have preferred a glare of determination or a smirk from Sanji though. Maybe next chapter.
    That would be an odd situation for him to smirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    I thought jimbei was being pubished by big mom
    He probably was. We have yet to see what really happened. It'd be cool if he got lucky and didn't have to lose anything though.

Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Either he backed down or Big Mom did not give him too hard a punishment. He seems to be absolutely fine so i don't think anything serious happened. While backing down is unlike Jinbie it would make sense if the roulette gave a result that would endanger his life and he thought "no i can't die before i meet Luffy and co again" and asked BM if he could back out of it.

Brook's resolution ain't bad at all.

- - - Updated - - -

If Sanji doesn't do something big whether he goes crazy or crafts a masterful plan. He's really fallen low.

一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Weak, I agree...his snot was coming out of his nose, makes me think he is a pussy

Quote Originally Posted by i c e View Post
    Weak, I agree...his snot was coming out of his nose, makes me think he is a pussy
    I ain't noticed the snot.

That's just Oda. That dude can't resist drawing crying faces without the snot coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    I ain't noticed the snot.

That's just Oda. That dude can't resist drawing crying faces without the snot coming out
    Page 9, last panel...there should have been an evil smirk in there.. would make for much better character development...

Jinbei

Brook is such a fucking badass for confronting Big Mom like that!

People are so quick to judge sanji for showing his true emotions and not resorting to hatred.

This guy has the heart of a whale. He can't rise more in my books. He's the truest form of a gentleman.

You guys are gonna all eat your words when he goes Mr. Prince style and fucks Big Mom's wedding up like no tomorrow.

I was expecting anger too but crying? This is why this "lady love" gimmick needs to die. He gave up fighting for himself and his crew and relied on marrying Pudding who he had known a few hours at most and now he's crying because she isn't a perfect princess and instead an evil Big Mom pirate? Come on now. That was weak. Poor Sanji. His character just keeps getting wrecked.

However, Brook's panel with Big Mom was absolutely gorgeous. The best thing this chapter. Jinbei's entrance was also pretty good. Though I absolutely hate the character, I can't deny that that entrance was great. I'm confused as to why he's not missing a body part though. Guess that'll be explained. Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    I was expecting anger too but crying? This is why this "lady love" gimmick needs to die. He gave up fighting for himself and his crew and relied on marrying Pudding who he had known a few hours at most and now he's crying because she isn't a perfect princess and instead an evil Big Mom pirate? Come on now. That was weak. Poor Sanji. His character just keeps getting wrecked.

You guys keep pointing this shit out, but you keep forgetting it's not a realistic scenario to beat Big Mom at this point in time.

Why does everybody keep forgetting what happened to the Straw Hats at Shabaody Archipelago?

Sanji He doesn't want his comrades to die, and doesn't want a repeat of that scenario again. Even IF they're much stronger than before.

People are so quick to judge Sanji for his soft character and want him to 'MAN UP' whatever the fuck that is.

It's what makes him a true gentleman, he's also a cook first and foremost, not a swordsman or a pirate captain.

edit: Also he's not crying cause she's not a 'perfect' princess. He knew that was a true realistic scenario from the get go.

It's just that he put all his money on this one in a millino chance that he could sacrifice himself and the rest would be fine. A bit like Robin.

He's just despairing.

So stop giving him so much trouble.
    Last edited by Mankey; 12-29-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    That was weak. Poor Sanji. His character just keeps getting wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by rub bear he reap one View Post
    You guys keep pointing this shit out, but you keep forgetting it's not a realistic scenario to beat Big Mom at this point in time.
    .....um, who said anything about beating Big Mom?
    Why does everybody keep forgetting what happened to the Straw Hats at Shabaody Archipelago?
    ....um, how is that relevant to Sanji crying about a person from a shady background who he had known for a few hours? Yeah, it's other things that add on to that but still.
    Sanji He doesn't want his comrades to die, and doesn't want a repeat of that scenario again. Even IF they're much stronger than before.
    ....and this matters to him blubbering instead of thinking of a way to get his crew out of there and save Zeff becaaaauuuseee???
    People are so quick to judge Sanji for his soft character and want him to 'MAN UP' whatever the fuck that is.
    ....when in the name of Heaven and Earth did I EVER say "MAN UP" in over 10,000 posts on this forum? At this point, you're just venting at the collective, I know, but you quoted me. For me---Pacifista---this has nothing to do with that and everything to do with Sanji being the character that he has shown himself to be in the past.
    It's what makes him a true gentleman, he's also a cook first and foremost, not a swordsman or a pirate captain.
    ....um, no. In situations like these, Sanji thinks of a way to save his crew. Not once has he ever given up until now. Here, he sees no way out and thus gave up fighting and resigned himself to fate. Back in East Blue, he fought Gin even though he considered him a friend. Even when Zeff was put at risk with a gun to his head and Sanji stopped fighting---not once did you see him give up. His eyes were looking straight ahead. I could give an example nearly every arc.

And don't give me that "he's not the captain" stuff. Yes, Luffy is the Captain but Sanji also has a powerful leadership position within the crew and will check even the Captain if need be in order to keep the integrity of the crew or even lead parts of them in the absence of the Captain.
    edit: Also he's not crying cause she's not a 'perfect' princess. He knew that was a true realistic scenario from the get go.
    Even more of a reason as to why this is so ridiculous. He put his hopes on a pipe dream for no reason. Pudding was his only hope? Why? Because she's a pretty woman? How shallow is that against everything he's stood for until now.
    It's just that he put all his money on this one in a millino chance that he could sacrifice himself and the rest would be fine. A bit like Robin.
    That's not enough. He just ignored the issues and focused on catering to Pudding. And a bit but not much.
    He's just despairing.

So stop giving him so much trouble.
    Poster, it's ODA that's giving him trouble. Sanji is a fighter and always has been. To see him broken like this doesn't make any sense. Again, to see him broken like this is uncharacteristic and way too simple, especially at this point in the story.

I don't see a problem with Sanji crying at all, for me it's the most realistic emotion he should be showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomamushi View Post
    Either he backed down or Big Mom did not give him too hard a punishment. He seems to be absolutely fine so i don't think anything serious happened. While backing down is unlike Jinbie it would make sense if the roulette gave a result that would endanger his life and he thought "no i can't die before i meet Luffy and co again" and asked BM if he could back out of it.

That's kind of the impression I got. Opera seemed too casual with him "Woah, you're not supposed to be in the castle ground at this moment" sounds more like Big Mom was mildly unsatisfied with him and gave him a timeout. If he actually left her crew and got his life cut I would expect Opera to be a bit more frantic and along the lines of "How did you get in here!? You turned your back on Big Mom and are no longer welcome among us!"

I also noticed Opera's eyes weren't whited out in that last panel which makes me think he's likely to get back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I don't see a problem with Sanji crying at all, for me it's the most realistic emotion he should be showing.
    Yes, dear.

But Sanji needs some redeeming moments to put his character into the clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    Yes, dear.

But Sanji needs some redeeming moments to put his character into the clear.
    He'll get those moments. But this chapter was not the time to look for them.