• 3/5

3 17.65%
  • 4/5

5 29.41%
  • 5/5

8 47.06%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

One Piece Chapter 851 Discussion Thread

Last edited by Marcelle; 12-29-2016 at 02:28 PM.

That was a good entrance for Jinbe. People are going to get the wrong impression of Brook and BM. Should have tossed some dialog box telling us she is going easy because she wants to put him in a book. Still a weird Rule of Cool scene. Still I'll allow it because the artwork and dialog were so nice.

Why tears Sanji? As soon as he heard his family was getting screwed that should have put a smile on his face since he now has a way to keep everyone safe by helping his family and the SH. They have no reason to kill Zeff with no marriage. Oda treatment of Sanji makes no sense.

Sigh, I really really hate what Oda has done to Nami's character. The very first thing we see Nami do post-skip was conjure a storm doing absolutely nothing showing us her powers are not restricted to her Climatact. Really sucks he decides to ignore that level of skill so he can force these captured scenarios just like he pretends CoO does not exist so Cracker can be taken out, they can sneak around under Doffy's nose, and now this with Sanji and Jinbe :/.

jinbe tho
    MARIA I'M DRUNK

For me it looks like Big Mom fell in love with Brook XD

Also I loved Sanji's tears face, it was so beautiful drawn, just that it doesnt make sense because who the fuck falls in love in one day? Pretty sure he was forcing himself to like Pudding <~< I hope the tears are the ones of deception to see a woman to be this evil.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Brooks calling big Mom Young lady

Now I wonder if Pudding didnt change Big Mom's memory and that is why we saw the Lola Flashback
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why tears Sanji? As soon as he heard his family was getting screwed that should have put a smile on his face since he now has a way to keep everyone safe by helping his family and the SH. They have no reason to kill Zeff with no marriage. Oda treatment of Sanji makes no sense.
    What? Sanji probably cried because of desperation, his easy nobody gets hurt solution is now gone. His family isn't guaranteed to believe him if he told the truth. And even if he unified a force against Big Mom they could still all be wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    For me it looks like Big Mom fell in love with Brook XD

Also I loved Sanji's tears face, it was so beautiful drawn, just that it doesnt make sense because who the fuck falls in love in one day? Pretty sure he was forcing himself to like Pudding <~< I hope the tears are the ones of deception to see a woman to be this evil.
    Sanji referred to Pudding as his only ray of hope in a very shit situation. Now that last ray of hope has been taken away and he's got nothing left to rely on or hope for. He's hit rock bottom of despair, so the tears make sense.

That was a great entrance by Jinbie. Looking forward to have him join the crew.

Brook has really been shining this arc. He is quickly turning from one of my least favorite shs to one of my favs. Kind of weird that he has not taken much damage despite apparently getting multiple attacks from BM but i guess she is going easy on him because she wants to put him in a book as a skeleton creature.

At first glance Sanji might look lame but he is very broken right now. He learned that what he thought would be the way to solve things with the wedding won't solve shit so it's only natural that he is crying a bit and if you notice later on in the chapter, he has left the flowers but not the bento which probably means that he is thinking up a master plan and we will soon see Mr Prince.

Jesus christ, Sanji should not be like this. Why isn't this a moment of anger and/or resolve. Now he knows for sure there's absolutely no reason to hesitate because doing nothing will result in everyone getting screwed over regardless. Is it hopelessly optimistic to still hope Oda is going to turn it around with him being sad because he hoped so badly to be wrong about what he sensed in Pudding? :/

At least one of my favorite characters finally returned with style.

Sigh, I really really hate what Oda has done to Nami's character. The very first thing we see Nami do post-skip was conjure a storm doing absolutely nothing showing us her powers are not restricted to her Climatact. Really sucks he decides to ignore that level of skill so he can force these captured scenarios just like he pretends CoO does not exist so Cracker can be taken out, they can sneak around under Doffy's nose, and now this with Sanji and Jinbe :/.
    Why tears? Uhh, maybe because characters have that thing called emotions and do not process every situation analytically like readers? Pudding was the only "ray of hope" Sanji had, something to cling on when he ends up living in a hostile environment with the people he hates. And suddenly it turns out even she considers him trash that no one would fall in love with. It's another big hit to his self-esteem, so it's perfectly understanable it affects him. And I have no doubts that Sanji understood the benefits of this situation and will try to use it to his advantage, but it is still something that relates to his past demons, so emotional reactions are neccesery to underline his internal struggles and make him feel like a real character.

I don't think Nami is capable of creating storms without her climatact. Those panels from sabaody are a little vague becasue we never see where those black balls are coming from, but on Fishman Island it's clear they come from climatact, so the secene on sabaody was just following the" rule of cool".

As for the chapter, I hope Sanji shows Pudding "a real prince" real soon. Also, I wonder if Pudding took some of Sanji's memories. I remember someone even made a thoery about Pudding erasing some of Sanji's memories (like Robin rescue) to make him more tame. I don't thing that's the case, but who knows. Oda surely created that power for a purpose, and the scene with Reiju is certainly not the reason.

I consider panels with Jinbe wasted ink so there's that.

Well he took the bento so we have to assume he's taking it to Luffy and is gonna start planning accordingly. At least it's what I'm hoping for. But yo aside from Jinebi coming back into play Brook has been MVP for a damn minute lol This must be Oda's apology for his lack of presence during pre-skip.

Eh... The tears came with "the proper prince" comment putting Pudding at the level of his brothers, specially how she was mocking his injurued face, it is deception, but the problem is that those tears should also be anger.

I hope that when he gets backs he sees chopper and carrot in a mirror and get a plan going or something.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

So a lot of people have speculated Sanji will join forced with his family against Big Mom, and also have expressed disdain for this because they're terrible and Sanji shouldn't feel sorry for them.

Anybody consider that Sanji might just pit his family against BM's crew and use that opportunity to get the crew out of there? Say he secretly slips info of this plan to his family so it's not so one sided.

if after the "At least bring me a proper prince" line, we don't get some Mr. Prince moment soon, I swear to my grandmother's grave I'm gonna go apeshit over it. But I have faith in Oda, it will happen.

Brook was on point and quite bossy though

Carrot and Chopper finally finding a way to get to the exit ... I mean, I like that they do something, but givig us a panel of them each week, with sometime no progress seemed a bit off. At least this week they got one step closer to finding the others.

Jinbe coming at the exact time needed. A little easy to write it like that but I'll take it.

Pudding is so rotten. It's like she was having withdrawals from being too nice and she had to let it out on Reiju who gives absolutely no fucks about what she is saying. Now that we know the extent of how rotten she can be, it wouldn't be surprising if she used her ability on Big Mom to change her perception on Lola out of envy. I mean, she was really confident here that Big Mom wouldn't kill her and now she wants to kill Lola. It just doesn't add up. But its not out of the ballpark for Pudding to do something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Pudding is so rotten. It's like she was having withdrawals from being too nice and she had to let it out on Reiju who gives absolutely no fucks about what she is saying. Now that we know the extent of how rotten she can be, it wouldn't be surprising if she used her ability on Big Mom to change her perception on Lola out of envy. I mean, she was really confident here that Big Mom wouldn't kill her and now she wants to kill Lola. It just doesn't add up. But its not out of the ballpark for Pudding to do something like this
    Plus it's not like Lola would give the Vivre Card knowing she was hated by BM. This has to be it.

Meaning knocking out Pudding will have to happen to restore the memories she's altered.

Yeah, but with Reiju's memories replaced, Sanji just lost the one person who would be able to vouch for him here.

If Sanji runs to his family and says "The Big Mom Pirates want to murder all of us at the wedding! Pudding even shot Reiju, but replaced her memories with a devil fruit!" then they'd probably just think it was a desperate last ditch attempt to weasel his way out of the wedding.

When sanji got dumped the same day as I got dumped