Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

One Piece Chapter 850 Spoiler Thread

Picture from Jump Festa 2017.

In the next chapter, Luffy yells

I'm not the kind of guy who dies here!!

This quote is exactly why I dislike Luffy and almost every other shonen main character. He knows he has the plot on his side. Big Mom could lop his head off any moment but he knows that won't happen because loldestiny and the chosen one can do whatever he wants.

It's one thing to have his nakama say that but another for the man himself to say it.

The Seven Beast Gods
    1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    400,000 Years Ice Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    700,000 Years Snow Emperor Xuenu
    100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    300,000 Years Polar Ice Bear White
    100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Leah
    700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

I don't see a problem with Luffy saying that.

Is Nami crying in agony or is she just irritated

Quote Originally Posted by convict View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This quote is exactly why I dislike Luffy and almost every other shonen main character. He knows he has the plot on his side. Big Mom could lop his head off any moment but he knows that won't happen because loldestiny and the chosen one can do whatever he wants.
    It's 1 panel, jeez.

Nor should there be a problem with any shounen main character saying it.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Lol, plots on the side of any MC of any fiction, just because a shonen MC says they won't die doesn't change that it's the same for every MC ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    It's 1 panel, jeez.
    Nah he's been overly cocky all arc. Some people ain't trying to see that. We're in a yonko arc, I'd personally like Oda to at least try to set the illusion that their lives are in danger and not hammer in that it isn't and everything will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    Nah he's been overly cocky all arc. Some people ain't trying to see that. We're in a yonko arc, I'd personally like Oda to at least try to set the illusion that their lives are in danger and not hammer in that it isn't and everything will be fine.
    No, it's just complaining about Luffy being Luffy. He's never had a trace of self doubt. It's no different than telling Crocodile he's going to kick his ass from behind bars. Just a bit more serious.

What did you expect Luffy to say ? "Omg I'm gonna die" and ask for help ? Have you guys been reading OP or another series ?

See all that shit was in paradise tho. Oda hyped up the new world on some nightmare, survival of the fittest ocean but then you got this cat just brushing it off like, ite whatever lol how in the fuck are we supposed to feel this place is dangerous when even the mc ain't even scared or anything? Shit is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelle View Post
    See all that shit was in paradise tho. Oda hyped up the new world on some nightmare, survival of the fittest ocean but then you got this cat just brushing it off like, ite whatever lol how in the fuck are we supposed to feel this place is dangerous when even the mc ain't even scared or anything? Shit is retarded.
    There's other ways to portray the NW as dangerous without making Luffy act out of character. I think Oda's done a good job so far of making Big Mom and her crew sufficiently intimidating.

Luffy has never been scared of anything.That won't change now

- - - Updated - - -

You guys should complain if Luffy survives in a shifty manner,not because he says he won't die

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    There's other ways to portray the NW as dangerous without making Luffy act out of character. I think Oda's done a good job so far of making Big Mom and her crew sufficiently intimidating.
    Yea make him shut the fuck up lol tired of this dude man, he's the same note all the fucking time.

Was never really a fan of Luffy yelling he's gonna kick crocodile's ass all the time even during Alabasta arc.

Having said that sometimes it can make for some epic moments when it feels justified within the heat of the moment. So can't really judge this without the full chapter. Presentation matters a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Luffy has never been scared of anything.That won't change now

- - - Updated - - -

You guys should complain if Luffy survives in a shifty manner
    ,not because he says he won't die
    Technically he is only alive because Big Mum allows it for some dumb ass reason. That reason combined with his constant shit talk and self awareness is stupid.

Big Mom promised to Sanji,she won't kill Luffy,there is your reason

No I am not complaining that Luffy is being Luffy. I am simply giving one of the reasons why I don't like his character. We all know Luffy says these things (though it seems just more in your face post-skip as Marcelle is alluding to). But because it is in-character doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing.

Still, one of my favorite moments of One Piece was in Logue Town when Luffy legitimately thought he may kick it and seemed fine with it.

@Dellinger; That reason alone will be her downfall.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!