0 0%
  • Atrocity Exhibition — Danny Brown

0 0%
  • Untitled/Unmastered 2 — by Kendrick Lamar

0 0%
  • Other, name them in your reply

0 0%

Year in Review: Best Albums of 2016

which were some of your favorite albums to come out this year? it would be nice if you also gave a brief reason why

I'll post mine's later

Album of the year: Blonde -- Frank Ocean

Have to say, I'm a huge Frank Ocean fan dating back to his nostalgia ultra mixtape and I was heavily anticipating his growth as an artist. His style has always been impeccable and refreshing, especially in this genre. He has a way of telling stories in such a unique way that you have to listen to his tracks more than once. After years of silence (literally not giving his fans any bread crumbs), he drops a visual album following Blonde a couple days after

Most albums are bland; they'll be equipped with 20 something tracks, have a couple bangers, 5-6 skippable tracks, that's it. Blonde is thoughtful and provoking. Its the type of album you simply can't zip from track A to track B. Each track has a different vibe to it and it still manages to follow the same theme. Huge credits to the production for making each track have a different landscape and overall enjoyable. I find some tracks from other albums have the same sound with different lyrical content, while Blonde simply has masterful production along with different lyrical content

Blonde doesn't sell short on the features. The album has a wide array of iconic artists to help depict the story he's trying to tell including Kornrow Kenny, Andre 3000 (best feature on the album), Beyoncé and Yung Lean. It's easy for me to pick someone like Tory Lanez' album by virtue of being a huge fan and supporting Toronto. But I appreciate game changers and something refreshing and I think Blonde fits the bill perfectly.

Honorable mentions: A tribe called quest -- We got it from here, Childish Gambino -- Awaken, My Love!, Solange -- A seat at the table
    Last edited by Loki; 12-14-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Album of the year: Blonde -- Frank Ocean

Have to say, I'm a huge Frank Ocean fan dating back to his nostalgia ultra mixtape and I was heavily anticipating his growth as an artist. His style has always been impeccable and refreshing, especially in this genre. He has a way of telling stories in such a unique way that you have to listen to his tracks more than once. After years of silence (literally not giving his fans any bread crumbs), he drops a visual album following Blonde a couple days after

Most albums are bland; they'll be equipped with 20 something tracks, have a couple bangers, 5-6 skippable tracks, that's it. Blonde is thoughtful and provoking. Its the type of album you simply can't zip from track A to track B. Each track has a different vibe to it and it still manages to follow the same theme. Huge credits to the production for making each track have a different landscape and overall enjoyable. I find some tracks from other albums have the same sound with different lyrical content, while Blonde simply has masterful production along with different lyrical content

Blonde doesn't sell short on the features. The album has a wide array of iconic artists to help depict the story he's trying to tell including Kornrow Kenny, Andre 3000 (best feature on the album), Beyoncé and Yung Lean. It's easy for me to pick someone like Tory Lanez' album by virtue of being a huge fan and supporting Toronto. But I appreciate game changers and something refreshing and I think Blonde fits the bill perfectly.

Honorable mentions: A tribe called quest -- We got it from here, Childish Gambino -- Awaken, My Love!, Solange -- A seat at the table
    great post, his arrangements on the album were like cocaine to the hears, I also dug the collab with Andre 3000 -- too much truth in one track

People voting for Blonde

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People voting for Blonde
    you should do more than criticize, share your's

The Illest Villain The Bald Headed Negro's Avatar
    TLoP or Jeffrey

Coloring Book