View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    0 0%
  • 2/5

    1 6.25%
  • 3/5

    8 50.00%
  • 4/5

    4 25.00%
  • 5/5

    3 18.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For all the other forms, there's a time and place for everything. Chopper used the correct form for taking out 3 mid boss characters in a tight space. It was the most efficient thing to use so they wouldn't waste more energy being outnumbered. It was an all-or-nothing situation.
    They weren't 3 mid-boss characters, they were a bunch of chumps and Chopper only took out one of them. Monster Point drains more energy than his other forms, so energy conservation clearly wasn't the concern their. This "all-or-nothing situation" was basically Carrot rolling in and stomping the whole crew, one of the dudes literally started running away then got defeated by a game of peek-a-boo. Don't treat this like it was some massive ordeal where they had to push themselves to the limit to win, it was them clearing out some low level goons.

    You've seen Chopper use it once Pre TS and it was just to show off.
    What!? He used it twice pre-skip. The first time was because he got pushed to his utmost limits by Kumadori, was reduced to a bloody pulp, and had no more options left available to avoid being killed since his other forms ultimately failed to Kumadori after a long and hard fought battle. The second time he used it was when Sentomaru, an admiral, and a schichibukai were dismantling the crew one by one and there was absolutely nothing the Strawhats could do about it. What part of that is him just trying to show off? The two times he used it pre-skip were the most dire circumstances in his entire career as a pirate.

    Contrast that to post-skip where he enters the form to deal with Dosun, one of Hodi's chumps who he was already fighting on par with in Heavy Point alone. Using it to stall when he literally has another form designed for that very purpose. Now he's pulling it out on Noble Croc, some trash homie that never even threw a single attack.

    Right now was the right time. You don't use Kung Fu or Walk to decide a situation like this.

    You depend on ingenuity if you had time. They didn't have the luxury of waiting. Chopper's trump card is MP. They had to take them out before they could react fast enough.
    I see no reason why he couldn't have taken Noble Croc in Kung Fu point; Carrot made the group look like a joke.

    If Oda is unable to create scenarios for Chopper to utilizes the other 6 forms in his arsenal, then that's a fault of his as the author. It's not good writing to establish a wide, varied, and creative arsenal for a character to work with, then have it all rendered completely obsolete by the one trump card he spams to get out of every situation.

  2. #42
    - LAZERHAWK - Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    8,104
    Pretty sure that what happened to Reiju was made by Puddin.

    I can see Reiju trying to save Sanji and booooom! Pretty sure the brothers will step and save her while in Big Moms family they only care for their selfish reasons.

    Also carrot is fucking awesome.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog


  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    low level goons.
    No they weren't. If that were true then Chopper and Carrot should have taken out Brulee right away even when carrying the ball and chains. Or that Nami shouldn't have been captured by Brulee in the first place. You're oversimplifying things too much.

    The two times he used it pre-skip were the most dire circumstances in his entire career as a pirate.
    The only Strawhat right now with the freedom to act is Chopper. They're completely acting against time, what you on about?

    Contrast that to post-skip where he enters the form to deal with Dosun, one of Hodi's chumps who he was already fighting on par with in Heavy Point alone. Using it to stall when he literally has another form designed for that very purpose. Now he's pulling it out on Noble Croc, some trash homie that never even threw a single attack.

    I see no reason why he couldn't have taken Noble Croc in Kung Fu point; Carrot made the group look like a joke.
    Did they need to take out Dosun right away? No, and Chopper could take him out with Heavy Point. Meanwhile, I do agree that Noble Croc could have been taken out with Heavy Point or Kung Fu point, but I don't agree that he'd be one-shotted by either points. The soup + Electro Ball combo only left Brulee, Randolph, and that train guy surprised and paralyzed. Noble Croc's heft and weight were needed to finally take them out. I don't think Heavy or Kung Fu could suplex Noble Croc like that.

    If Oda is unable to create scenarios for Chopper to utilizes the other 6 forms in his arsenal, then that's a fault of his as the author. It's not good writing to establish a wide, varied, and creative arsenal for a character to work with, then have it all rendered completely obsolete by the one trump card he spams to get out of every situation.
    And you forgot that time is of the essence since the Tea Party is tomorrow and every Strawhat on the island besides himself is completely held in check by the Big Mom Pirates. It's not on Oda this time, it's on you.

  4. #44
    Guoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's lame and he doesn't even save it for the powerful foes, it would be like if Luffy started every fight by going Gear 4th even if he was facing someone he could handle in Gear 2nd.

    -He used Monster Point on Dosun, one of Hodi's garbage fishman that he could already match in just Heavy Point alone.
    -He used Monster Point on drugged out kids to prevent them from going through a door, when he has the much more logical Guard Point that isn't stuck on a time limit.
    -He used Monster Point on Brulee and got captured off-panel.
    -He used Monster Point on the Crocodile when it was clear overkill.
    -Franky whips out Monster Point the second he was in Chopper's body.

    Oda has removed everything that once made Chopper interesting, taking away his unique fighting style is just the final nail in the coffin. No longer are we seeing tactical uses of Chopper's various and creative forms and the great fight choreography that could be done blending them all together into one varied package, instead all we see is him popping a rumble ball and hulking out.

    Not only has it essentially made all of his other forms redundant, but its taken all of the impact out of the Monster Point itself. It used to be the form he would be forced into as a last resort when shit got real, it was a form that left a strong impression, now its his first move to pull out in battle and none of it resonates with the readers who have been watching him bust this out every time he's in combat.
    Good points, even though monster point is his strongest form in terms of power, there are plenty of scenarios where Chopper would've been better off with another form as you mentioned. IMO Kung-fu point is a more versatile and overall better form for combat than monster point, it would've been more than enough to deal with these low-mid level BM pirates.
    Last edited by Guoan; 12-10-2016 at 02:48 AM.

  5. #45
    - LAZERHAWK - Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    8,104
    What if Puddin steals the beauty of others? Or something like that?

    I was just thinking because she is the only "normal" looking daughter and Big Mom called her several times "doll", "you are just a doll"
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog


  6. #46
    Corazon Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    7,713
    You guys are looking too much into Pudding.She is not evil

  7. #47
    Fist of Destruction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    2,250
    Katakuri might have done that .That will be hype as hell


  8. #48
    like seashells Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    938
    But the implications of Pudding being evil would be great though for the arc. Like Sanji knowing she was evil the entire time and lulling her in a false sense of security would really bring back classic Mr. Prince
    "No I'm not a pornstar, but I eat somebody."

  9. #49
    - LAZERHAWK - Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    8,104
    Pudding being evil is the high light this arc needs and the reason Oda said this year is Sanji's
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog


  10. #50
    She looks like she was beaten up. But she's throwing up blood continuously. Was she really beaten up by Pudding? It might be that the genes Judge spliced into her is wearing out.

    Then again, Pudding's power is speculated to be related to clocks and time. I'm not enthused by the prospect of time fuckery in OP, but could it be that she was sent back from the future from a serious battle? That would mean Pudding is good though, because Reiju's on Sanji's side. Then again, she might not know she is.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if Puddin steals the beauty of others? Or something like that?

    I was just thinking because she is the only "normal" looking daughter and Big Mom called her several times "doll", "you are just a doll"
    She's still hiding that giant eyeball on her forehead, her flashback last chapter showed her in the same chair with the same hairstyle as we saw from the 3-eyed girl, so it would seem they are indeed one and the same. If Reiju found out her secret it could have been motive for Pudding taking her out.

  12. #52
    like seashells Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She looks like she was beaten up. But she's throwing up blood continuously. Was she really beaten up by Pudding? It might be that the genes Judge spliced into her is wearing out.

    Then again, Pudding's power is speculated to be related to clocks and time. I'm not enthused by the prospect of time fuckery in OP, but could it be that she was sent back from the future from a serious battle? That would mean Pudding is good though, because Reiju's on Sanji's side. Then again, she might not know she is.
    Looked more like a gun shot on her thigh tbh with how the direction the blow is flowing
    "No I'm not a pornstar, but I eat somebody."

  13. #53
    - LAZERHAWK - Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    8,104
    @Great Potato; yeah I know. Reiju seems to be like a better version of Mr. prince so I think she was trying to help Sanji and found out about Puddin's true nature and barely escaped. There is a reasonn why there are mirrors in Puddins room and that chopper can spy on them now.

    Also if big mom pirates are based on their names, remember there is a pudding mate of tuna or steak and those are not sweet.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog


  14. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    15,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are looking too much into Pudding.She is not evil
    Something is seriously wrong with her. You must not know much about Oda if you think this triclops isn't scheming something. She's been lying nonstop since the arc started. She didn't even fulfill her promise to Luffy about meeting him on the shore of Whole Cake Island.

    And, by the way, Tot Land is W7/EL's parallel. That itself means that you be expecting some serious twists.

  15. #55
    - LAZERHAWK - Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    8,104
    There are other things like Big Mom said that Puddin is the most interested in the wedding and she would never be Luffy's friend.
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog


  16. #56
    Wait Big Mom said that? When was that?


    People think it's the alone of being forever alone that hurts the most, but that's not true. Everybody's alone sometimes, whether for periods when they're not dating anyone or just for a weekend while their spouse is at a conference. Alone is part of the human condition. It's the forever that pulls down the corners of your mouth just a little bit when you give someone a smile meant to indicate that everything's okay with you even though you want to scream that nothing's okay and never will be. It's the forever that tastes bitter in the back of your throat when you see a happy couple walking in the park or laughing in a restaurant. It's the forever that has you wide awake staring at your ceiling into the wee hours of the morning.Forever alone.
    There's an ongoing half-serious claim in our culture that men think about sex all the time. Every 17 seconds or so. That may be true for some guys but not a forever alone. After awhile you stop being able to think about sex, at least the way other people do. You can think about it abstractly, or when watching other people perform a stylized version of it alone in your room while you use your hand to joylessly complete a sad shadow of the biological imperative, but you stop being able to imagine sex as something you could be a part of. You see a woman in the springtime, her midriff peeking out from between the soft cotton of a shirt and the rougher waist of a pair of jeans. You start to imagine her naked, constructing a fantasy in detail, the way her breasts would sit against her chest, the soft down or absence thereof on her pubic area, and then you try to insert yourself into her presence and the fantasy crumbles to dust under the weight of its own absurdity. You know there's no chain of events, no course of actions, that could lead to that ill defined imaginary room where the two of you would meet in an act of carnal congress. There's no way to there from where you are, it's not even an alternate universe, it's an inconceivable one. It's like trying to imagine a world where everything else is the same except elephants float around like helium balloons and have to be anchored by their trunks or they'll float away. An inherently absurd thought. That's the idea of you and her being intimate. So you look away from that tiny sliver of skin, trying to keep your face from contorting in pain and bitterness. Where other men might smile at her you don't, because your smile sucks, and you suck. Forever alone.
    Eventually you don't even bother to build the image only to have it blow it away like a sand painting in a tornado. You imagine lesser things. The brush of a cool, soft, feminine hand against yours. Mundane couple bullshit like eating pancakes on a Sunday morning or watching a movie or just sharing your day with someone who gives a fuck and is not your mother. The other party in these pathetic little domestic tableaus is ill defined in your mind, because if you imagined her clearly enough to make her realistic then you know she wouldn't want you. And even with this feminine blur, this placeholder, this blurry silhouette of nothingness you project your emotions onto, the person she's with isn't really you. It's a better version of you, a thinner less obnoxious version who will control his temper before saying something cutting, who doesn't geek out and talk too much, who is free from the flaws who make you who you are and assure that nobody else will ever want to share their life with that person. Then you realize that you're fantasizing about an Archie Comics version of yourself making tomato soup for an undefined feminine projection blob, and you realize that even the part of you that creates these images doesn't want to be with you and can't imagine anyone who might. Forever alone.
    Around you the world stays mostly the same. People fall in love, hit milestones, get married, have kids. You're even jealous of the divorcees because you know that this is just a bump in the road for them, part of their journey. You're still at the starting line watching them recede, wanting to chase them and catch up, knowing you never will. But while the world is almost static, you are aging. Moving through your life alone. You start to get bitter at the milestones you've missed and the chances you'll never have. You see the graying of your hair and the years piling on like rust eating at the hull of a decommissioned ship and you realize that your opportunity for young love is already past. Even if you got it together and got in the game you'd just have a shot at middle aged love. It doesn't matter if you think women age like a fine wine, what wine connoisseur wants to live his life without ever tasting the shocking astringency of the harsh tanins of youth. Even if that's not your thing you don't want to cut it off forever. But you have. You won't even have memories of those very good years, as the song says, to keep you warm as you slide towards your dotage. All you have is your bursting store room of regrets and bitterness, and you can always cram in more. And you know that that rusty battleship will some day have a hole in its hull and be fixable, good for nothing more than salvage scrap. You add up the time it would take to lose the weight, get your teeth fixed, figure out your professional career, the time until you can smile at that woman in the coffee shop with confidence rather than the stomach sickness of self hate, and you realize it all adds up to a very big number. Everyone thinks of themselves as eternally 22 but at some point you are forced to admit that you are 37 and half your life is over and the back nine of the remaining half is not a time when people finally get that whole dating thing right. If the window is not closed its halfway there and sliding fast. Forever alone.
    All this breeds desperation and depression so you shove it back because you need to function, you need to keep eating and staying warm, you can't just stop and feel. But your dam is fragile and it leaks. And when you see that girl whose hand you want to brush against, who could sit with you looking into your eyes through the steam coming off her coffee cup and just be, who could understand you (she probably couldn't, but this is something men like to project on to women) you feel the dam start to buckle and the river behind it start to surge and you don't want to break down crying in the coffee shop because that's not what people do and if you can't have love at least you can have dignity, or the appearance of dignity, or the delusion of the appearance of dignity, so you turn your face to the side, you hope and pray she doesn't try to draw your attention (generally safe on that count, old chum) and you put one fucking foot in front of the other and continue down your sad and barren blighted path. Forever alone.

  17. #57
    Formerly Nekomamushi Big Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,908
    @Oannes


    I don't think Pudding is bad but there is still a good possibility that she is the culprit since she might want to kill the Vinsmokes in order to solve her ordeal with the wedding and help Sanji get back to the straw hats because she think it's their fault that it all had to happen in the first place which would be interesting as that would make her not evil but still willing to commit murder in order to get out of the wedding and also to help Sanji get back to his friends.
    Last edited by Big Mom; 12-10-2016 at 06:55 PM.

  18. #58
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    3,364
    Hope Brooke doesn't get captured.


    Sanji vs Pudding.

  19. #59
    Corazon Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    7,713
    What if Reiju was the one that beat up Pudding?Like Pudding went and attacked her but Reiju beat the crap out of her.The blood on Reiju belongs to Pudding.Germa vs Big Mom incoming because the Germa "attacked" the bride.

  20. #60
    Master Mirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,532
    Could also be Katakuri/Lord Potato, would be a cool way to introduce him/her.

    Maybe homies told BM/Katakuri about the talk Vinsmokes had and Katakuri madee a warning of Reiju?

    Probably not though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •