• 3/5

8 50.00%
  • 4/5

4 25.00%
  • 5/5

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

One Piece Chapter 849 Discussion Thread

I thought that this was a good chapter, so that fugly witch is down and chopper and Carrot are free to roam. Brook about to get boned by Big Mom (Hey, I made an appropriate Bone Joke!) Pedro I was surprised that he actually had not that much time left, well you have to have drama at some point. But what happened to Reiju?!?
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Not fan of this chapter.The whole Chopper and co drama was written bad.Chopper and Carrot fodderize those four BMs henchman(that Diesel guy runaway like bitch).BM coming after Brook is also stupid.What's the point of Smoothie(BM casually destroyed the wall).The only postive things in this chapter are Tamago and Pedro's story(can't wait for their fight) and somebody attacking Reiju.
    Favourite OP charcters: Dragon,Benn,Croc,Kuma,Aokiji,Fuji,Zoro,Kid,X Drake,Hawkins,Sanji,Daz Bones,Van Augur.

Favourite Kingdom characters: Ouki,Moubu,Mouten,Duke Hyou,Kanki,Kyoukai,Renpa,Riboku,Houken,Tou,Karin.

Favourite One Punch man characters: Saitama,King,Metal Bat,Garou,Silver Fang,Zombieman,Watchdog Man,Atomic Samurai.

Other manga/anime favourite characters: Lupin 3rd,Daisuke Jigen,Goemon Ishikawa XIII,Kakashi Hatake,Shikamaru Nara,Jiraiya,Kenpachi Zaraki,Shunsui Kyoraku,Goku,Tien Shinhan,Alucard.

Meh chapter.only the cliffhanger was good

Brook vs BM, wonder how that will go

That moment when Brook realizes he's in some deep shit

Though as already pointed out, Why couldn't Smoothie do juste like BM did and force her way into the room ? It doesn't look like BM had to use one of her high-end technique to break the wall, therefore her commander should be able to replicate the feat, shouldn't she ? ...

And then there's the cliffhanger. If we're gonna bet on who did that to Reiju, I'm gonna say it was ... Pudding, her purpose being to stop the marriage from happening ! Or someone we've not yet seen in this saga ? Any thought people ?

I don't know why Randolph and Diesel had to go down like chumps, especially since they were introduced alongside Amande and seemed like capable fighters. I would've preferred if it was just Brûlée who went down to Chopper and Carrot's trickery.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Aliasniamor;

It could've been Capone, but Pudding is also a possibility.

brook top tier confirmed

As Kong said, it was disappointing to see Randolph go down the way he did, his character and design were quite unique and i was hoping he'd be given an extended fight with someone, but at the very least his defeat was another means of highlighting carrots competence as a fighter, so my expectations for her and pedro are rising. Hopefully oda will expand on his history with tamago next chapter

Hang on a sec, how do 16 people including brulee not notice that the fake carrot is making ribbits noise? I could understand if only brulee was the only one in the house and she couldn't hear it but 16 enemies? Also regardless of this, surely Brulee should know which ones are her doppelgangers being the devil fruit user and all....

I'm surprised the vinsmokes are deliberating so openly, considering there's homies serving them tea, you know the same homies that pass on their information onto big mom Either Oda will ignore this or it will lead to a later conflict between the 2.

I felt Smoothie was undermined here slightly, as others mentioned what's the point of introducing her when literally 2 chapters later big mom turns up and destroys a door that should be within a commander's ability. What's the point of her even being there?

The pedro and tamago part was my favourite part of the chapter. I liked how it was personal in regards to both of them taking the others eye, and hopefully we see some kind of fight even if it is a skirmish.

Carrot was awesome in this one and Brook/Pedro was also very cool this time around aswell. Some interesting stuff too with the Pedro/Tamago bit and the Reiju cliffhanger.

Randolph and the hat guy being one-shotted would had bothered me if i actually cared about those two but i was only slightly hype for Randolph when he appeared as he seemed kinda cool but i quickly forgot about him when the Cracker fight began and i never cared about the latter at all.

Probably Oda is going to forget about the homies and just go on for the sake of plot
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

The way Brulee and the group went out was lame. I also hate what's been done with Chopper, he has all of these different transformations but the only one he ever uses is Monster Point.

These guys weren't above someone like Sheepshead so I don't see the problem.

@Great Potato; It's probably because that is his strongest one that can match these powerful foes
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

These guys weren't above someone like Sheepshead so I don't see the problem.

- Carrot was really impressive this chapter. She dealt with all the relevant fighters in this situation. She boiled Brûlée while saving the frog, one-shot Randolph, and covered a ridiculous distance with her hop to shit on Diesel. Oda might have went the lazy route by giving her an AOE attack when she's primarily a close-ranged fighter. But if it means pushing the story forward then I don't even mind it

- The character with two flintlocks was poised to make Brook struggle even a little bit. But he was steamrolled in one hit. Sad but you would assume an important piece like the ponegylph would have some decent fighters

- No one can argue how ridiculous the door situation is. It didn't take much for Big Mom to break it open. The only way I see this making sense is if she was given a direct order not to destroy the door

@Dellinger; you said that already
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Great Potato; It's probably because that is his strongest one that can match these powerful foes
    It's lame and he doesn't even save it for the powerful foes, it would be like if Luffy started every fight by going Gear 4th even if he was facing someone he could handle in Gear 2nd.

-He used Monster Point on Dosun, one of Hodi's garbage fishman that he could already match in just Heavy Point alone.
    -He used Monster Point on drugged out kids to prevent them from going through a door, when he has the much more logical Guard Point that isn't stuck on a time limit.
    -He used Monster Point on Brulee and got captured off-panel.
    -He used Monster Point on the Crocodile when it was clear overkill.
    -Franky whips out Monster Point the second he was in Chopper's body.

Oda has removed everything that once made Chopper interesting, taking away his unique fighting style is just the final nail in the coffin. No longer are we seeing tactical uses of Chopper's various and creative forms and the great fight choreography that could be done blending them all together into one varied package, instead all we see is him popping a rumble ball and hulking out.

Not only has it essentially made all of his other forms redundant, but its taken all of the impact out of the Monster Point itself. It used to be the form he would be forced into as a last resort when shit got real, it was a form that left a strong impression, now its his first move to pull out in battle and none of it resonates with the readers who have been watching him bust this out every time he's in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And then there's the cliffhanger. If we're gonna bet on who did that to Reiju, I'm gonna say it was ... Pudding, her purpose being to stop the marriage from happening ! Or someone we've not yet seen in this saga ? Any thought people ?
    I mean this is all speculation at this point but if I had to guess then it might be Capone. He's the dark horse in this arc who can potentially stir things up. It looked to me like the wound on her left thigh was a gun shot from someone. She might've helped Pudding plot her escape and given how Capone was quick to pull the trigger on Pekoms for betraying Big Mom, he could do the same to Reiju for letting such an important piece escape
    Last edited by Loki; 12-08-2016 at 04:13 PM.