View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    0 0%
  • 2/5

    0 0%
  • 3/5

    5 26.32%
  • 4/5

    3 15.79%
  • 5/5

    11 57.89%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82
  1. #41
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,131
    I honestly think BM and her crew have been flawless overall up to date, that Doffy like face close up was

    Also is the tooth Luffy lost an actual tooth, I mean most of them in OP just grow back in the next page or chapter but this has been going on for 3 or 4 chapters now...

    Pretty good chap overall.

  2. #42
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised nobody commented on this.



    Big Mom's rating went up a bit for me.

    Hell for BM is a room with no sweets!

  3. #43
    The Architect Zoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,961
    I like big mama
    Sig by Ccrack

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Hunter Eddy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the issue they have is Luffy has just been wrecked yet is still doing is typical big guy talk
    Basically.

    The shit gets old after you hear him say "I'm gonna kick that guys ass" 10 times per arc whilst his face gets shaded in the blackest of inks trying to look tough. After SA and his brother dying I'd expect him to be slightly more logical and less selfish but he's even more childish than he was before lol

    This arc is damn near top tier but now that he's starting to build up his big talk quota the illusion of his danger is immediately gone now because Oda reminded me that he was never in any danger in the bloody first place

  5. #45
    Luffy just got his ass kicked by Big Mom's fodder and he's trying to pick a fight with the real thing?


  6. #46
    Big Mam is steadily rising to being as awesome as BlackBeard.

    Why is it that the ugly characters always are the coolest? They're more 'insane'. I love it.

    I'm really impressed with Chopper, he's keeping his cool.

    And Brook gonna sing us a song?


    People think it's the alone of being forever alone that hurts the most, but that's not true. Everybody's alone sometimes, whether for periods when they're not dating anyone or just for a weekend while their spouse is at a conference. Alone is part of the human condition. It's the forever that pulls down the corners of your mouth just a little bit when you give someone a smile meant to indicate that everything's okay with you even though you want to scream that nothing's okay and never will be. It's the forever that tastes bitter in the back of your throat when you see a happy couple walking in the park or laughing in a restaurant. It's the forever that has you wide awake staring at your ceiling into the wee hours of the morning.Forever alone.
    There's an ongoing half-serious claim in our culture that men think about sex all the time. Every 17 seconds or so. That may be true for some guys but not a forever alone. After awhile you stop being able to think about sex, at least the way other people do. You can think about it abstractly, or when watching other people perform a stylized version of it alone in your room while you use your hand to joylessly complete a sad shadow of the biological imperative, but you stop being able to imagine sex as something you could be a part of. You see a woman in the springtime, her midriff peeking out from between the soft cotton of a shirt and the rougher waist of a pair of jeans. You start to imagine her naked, constructing a fantasy in detail, the way her breasts would sit against her chest, the soft down or absence thereof on her pubic area, and then you try to insert yourself into her presence and the fantasy crumbles to dust under the weight of its own absurdity. You know there's no chain of events, no course of actions, that could lead to that ill defined imaginary room where the two of you would meet in an act of carnal congress. There's no way to there from where you are, it's not even an alternate universe, it's an inconceivable one. It's like trying to imagine a world where everything else is the same except elephants float around like helium balloons and have to be anchored by their trunks or they'll float away. An inherently absurd thought. That's the idea of you and her being intimate. So you look away from that tiny sliver of skin, trying to keep your face from contorting in pain and bitterness. Where other men might smile at her you don't, because your smile sucks, and you suck. Forever alone.
    Eventually you don't even bother to build the image only to have it blow it away like a sand painting in a tornado. You imagine lesser things. The brush of a cool, soft, feminine hand against yours. Mundane couple bullshit like eating pancakes on a Sunday morning or watching a movie or just sharing your day with someone who gives a fuck and is not your mother. The other party in these pathetic little domestic tableaus is ill defined in your mind, because if you imagined her clearly enough to make her realistic then you know she wouldn't want you. And even with this feminine blur, this placeholder, this blurry silhouette of nothingness you project your emotions onto, the person she's with isn't really you. It's a better version of you, a thinner less obnoxious version who will control his temper before saying something cutting, who doesn't geek out and talk too much, who is free from the flaws who make you who you are and assure that nobody else will ever want to share their life with that person. Then you realize that you're fantasizing about an Archie Comics version of yourself making tomato soup for an undefined feminine projection blob, and you realize that even the part of you that creates these images doesn't want to be with you and can't imagine anyone who might. Forever alone.
    Around you the world stays mostly the same. People fall in love, hit milestones, get married, have kids. You're even jealous of the divorcees because you know that this is just a bump in the road for them, part of their journey. You're still at the starting line watching them recede, wanting to chase them and catch up, knowing you never will. But while the world is almost static, you are aging. Moving through your life alone. You start to get bitter at the milestones you've missed and the chances you'll never have. You see the graying of your hair and the years piling on like rust eating at the hull of a decommissioned ship and you realize that your opportunity for young love is already past. Even if you got it together and got in the game you'd just have a shot at middle aged love. It doesn't matter if you think women age like a fine wine, what wine connoisseur wants to live his life without ever tasting the shocking astringency of the harsh tanins of youth. Even if that's not your thing you don't want to cut it off forever. But you have. You won't even have memories of those very good years, as the song says, to keep you warm as you slide towards your dotage. All you have is your bursting store room of regrets and bitterness, and you can always cram in more. And you know that that rusty battleship will some day have a hole in its hull and be fixable, good for nothing more than salvage scrap. You add up the time it would take to lose the weight, get your teeth fixed, figure out your professional career, the time until you can smile at that woman in the coffee shop with confidence rather than the stomach sickness of self hate, and you realize it all adds up to a very big number. Everyone thinks of themselves as eternally 22 but at some point you are forced to admit that you are 37 and half your life is over and the back nine of the remaining half is not a time when people finally get that whole dating thing right. If the window is not closed its halfway there and sliding fast. Forever alone.
    All this breeds desperation and depression so you shove it back because you need to function, you need to keep eating and staying warm, you can't just stop and feel. But your dam is fragile and it leaks. And when you see that girl whose hand you want to brush against, who could sit with you looking into your eyes through the steam coming off her coffee cup and just be, who could understand you (she probably couldn't, but this is something men like to project on to women) you feel the dam start to buckle and the river behind it start to surge and you don't want to break down crying in the coffee shop because that's not what people do and if you can't have love at least you can have dignity, or the appearance of dignity, or the delusion of the appearance of dignity, so you turn your face to the side, you hope and pray she doesn't try to draw your attention (generally safe on that count, old chum) and you put one fucking foot in front of the other and continue down your sad and barren blighted path. Forever alone.

  7. #47
    Mr. Tambourine Man Rasendori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    941
    I actually thought it was endearing that Luffy was talking bug. He just broke his promise of moving from that spot for Sanji. He's pissed as hell, and he knows that if they wanted to have killed him they would have done it.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

  8. #48
    Yea I've been thinking about what brooks gonna do. I know his music basically creates illusions now, is he gonna have everyone in the room attack each other thinking their weapons are confetti or some shit lol? He still has to deal with a commander here

  9. #49
    Corazon Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    7,709
    I think what Luffy is doing is kinda good.He lets Big Mom be somewhat on caution instead of not giving a fuck

  10. #50
    Everything she's done and is currently doing is the opposite of not giving a fuck though

  11. #51
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,708
    Here are my two theories:
    1.Why does big mom hate giants

    She was born on elbaf and is a giant.
    She wanted to meet different races and creatures and it's something she is now doing.
    However,giants are more like kujas from amazon lily so she was kicked out as a traitor or something.
    Trough out the story we have seen big mom refer to her word as something that should matter and we know elbaf giants are like that as well.

    So to sum up,she hates giants from all because it's her kind and they threw her out as a traitor.

    2.Who was lola going to marry?

    My guess is not someone strong,but instead someone that had the information about raftel. Because getting to raftel means both beating the yonkos and becoming the pirate king. I am assuming big mom thinks whoever reacher raftel will have all 3 ancient weapons as well as one piece.
    If the marriage were to happen now I guess the person would be buggy cuz he was on roger's ship. But considering it happened sometime in the past way before thriller bark I cant specificly guess who it was. Could be another crewmate of roger pirates.
    The main point I am trying to sell here is the marriage was about information,not power.

    Also,is oda alluding to brook one shoting smothie?
    Imagine smothie falling in love with brook similar to shakkie but towards hancock type of crazy.

  12. #52
    Master Mirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Destruction View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Monet might be alive after all
    ???

  13. #53
    Big Mom isn't a giant though. She's just a large human. Giants are like WAYYY bigger.


    People think it's the alone of being forever alone that hurts the most, but that's not true. Everybody's alone sometimes, whether for periods when they're not dating anyone or just for a weekend while their spouse is at a conference. Alone is part of the human condition. It's the forever that pulls down the corners of your mouth just a little bit when you give someone a smile meant to indicate that everything's okay with you even though you want to scream that nothing's okay and never will be. It's the forever that tastes bitter in the back of your throat when you see a happy couple walking in the park or laughing in a restaurant. It's the forever that has you wide awake staring at your ceiling into the wee hours of the morning.Forever alone.
    There's an ongoing half-serious claim in our culture that men think about sex all the time. Every 17 seconds or so. That may be true for some guys but not a forever alone. After awhile you stop being able to think about sex, at least the way other people do. You can think about it abstractly, or when watching other people perform a stylized version of it alone in your room while you use your hand to joylessly complete a sad shadow of the biological imperative, but you stop being able to imagine sex as something you could be a part of. You see a woman in the springtime, her midriff peeking out from between the soft cotton of a shirt and the rougher waist of a pair of jeans. You start to imagine her naked, constructing a fantasy in detail, the way her breasts would sit against her chest, the soft down or absence thereof on her pubic area, and then you try to insert yourself into her presence and the fantasy crumbles to dust under the weight of its own absurdity. You know there's no chain of events, no course of actions, that could lead to that ill defined imaginary room where the two of you would meet in an act of carnal congress. There's no way to there from where you are, it's not even an alternate universe, it's an inconceivable one. It's like trying to imagine a world where everything else is the same except elephants float around like helium balloons and have to be anchored by their trunks or they'll float away. An inherently absurd thought. That's the idea of you and her being intimate. So you look away from that tiny sliver of skin, trying to keep your face from contorting in pain and bitterness. Where other men might smile at her you don't, because your smile sucks, and you suck. Forever alone.
    Eventually you don't even bother to build the image only to have it blow it away like a sand painting in a tornado. You imagine lesser things. The brush of a cool, soft, feminine hand against yours. Mundane couple bullshit like eating pancakes on a Sunday morning or watching a movie or just sharing your day with someone who gives a fuck and is not your mother. The other party in these pathetic little domestic tableaus is ill defined in your mind, because if you imagined her clearly enough to make her realistic then you know she wouldn't want you. And even with this feminine blur, this placeholder, this blurry silhouette of nothingness you project your emotions onto, the person she's with isn't really you. It's a better version of you, a thinner less obnoxious version who will control his temper before saying something cutting, who doesn't geek out and talk too much, who is free from the flaws who make you who you are and assure that nobody else will ever want to share their life with that person. Then you realize that you're fantasizing about an Archie Comics version of yourself making tomato soup for an undefined feminine projection blob, and you realize that even the part of you that creates these images doesn't want to be with you and can't imagine anyone who might. Forever alone.
    Around you the world stays mostly the same. People fall in love, hit milestones, get married, have kids. You're even jealous of the divorcees because you know that this is just a bump in the road for them, part of their journey. You're still at the starting line watching them recede, wanting to chase them and catch up, knowing you never will. But while the world is almost static, you are aging. Moving through your life alone. You start to get bitter at the milestones you've missed and the chances you'll never have. You see the graying of your hair and the years piling on like rust eating at the hull of a decommissioned ship and you realize that your opportunity for young love is already past. Even if you got it together and got in the game you'd just have a shot at middle aged love. It doesn't matter if you think women age like a fine wine, what wine connoisseur wants to live his life without ever tasting the shocking astringency of the harsh tanins of youth. Even if that's not your thing you don't want to cut it off forever. But you have. You won't even have memories of those very good years, as the song says, to keep you warm as you slide towards your dotage. All you have is your bursting store room of regrets and bitterness, and you can always cram in more. And you know that that rusty battleship will some day have a hole in its hull and be fixable, good for nothing more than salvage scrap. You add up the time it would take to lose the weight, get your teeth fixed, figure out your professional career, the time until you can smile at that woman in the coffee shop with confidence rather than the stomach sickness of self hate, and you realize it all adds up to a very big number. Everyone thinks of themselves as eternally 22 but at some point you are forced to admit that you are 37 and half your life is over and the back nine of the remaining half is not a time when people finally get that whole dating thing right. If the window is not closed its halfway there and sliding fast. Forever alone.
    All this breeds desperation and depression so you shove it back because you need to function, you need to keep eating and staying warm, you can't just stop and feel. But your dam is fragile and it leaks. And when you see that girl whose hand you want to brush against, who could sit with you looking into your eyes through the steam coming off her coffee cup and just be, who could understand you (she probably couldn't, but this is something men like to project on to women) you feel the dam start to buckle and the river behind it start to surge and you don't want to break down crying in the coffee shop because that's not what people do and if you can't have love at least you can have dignity, or the appearance of dignity, or the delusion of the appearance of dignity, so you turn your face to the side, you hope and pray she doesn't try to draw your attention (generally safe on that count, old chum) and you put one fucking foot in front of the other and continue down your sad and barren blighted path. Forever alone.

  14. #54
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by rub bear he reap one View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Mom isn't a giant though. She's just a large human. Giants are like WAYYY bigger.
    Why wouldnt it be possible for a giant to give birth to a giant that isnt as big as everyone else?
    Hence another reason why big mom could have felt unloved in elbaf.
    Trough out the story everywhere we went there was some sort of a darkness behind the scenes.
    Elbaf is no different.

  15. #55
    like seashells Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdragonstory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    2.Who was lola going to marry?

    My guess is not someone strong,but instead someone that had the information about raftel. Because getting to raftel means both beating the yonkos and becoming the pirate king. I am assuming big mom thinks whoever reacher raftel will have all 3 ancient weapons as well as one piece.
    If the marriage were to happen now I guess the person would be buggy cuz he was on roger's ship. But considering it happened sometime in the past way before thriller bark I cant specificly guess who it was. Could be another crewmate of roger pirates.
    The main point I am trying to sell here is the marriage was about information,not power.
    It'd be more interesting if the marriage was about gaining power rather than gaining information about Raftel or the ancient weapons. Maybe something like Big Mom taking a Giant's ridiculously long life span in order to make her strong would be a lot more compelling

    I'd like to know more about how she uses her power and why she's considered a top 4 pirate in OP. We don't really know the extent of her actual power since she's quietly gaining more influence by setting up marriages for her children and reaping the benefits from them. I don't remember her being in direct conflict with other big named pirates so her power level has been unknown for the most part
    "No I'm not a pornstar, but I eat somebody."

  16. #56
    Despite the fact that Big Mom hates giants with a passion Elbaf still seems to be alive and kicking. They must have a ridiculously strong force for Big Mom not to approach them. Either that or an alliance with Kaido or Shanks. Kaido already has an alliance with Wano so in that situation my money is on Elbaf x Red hairs. Though ideally I would like them to be a monstrous individual force which doesn't need alliances.

  17. #57
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by convict View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Despite the fact that Big Mom hates giants with a passion Elbaf still seems to be alive and kicking. They must have a ridiculously strong force for Big Mom not to approach them. Either that or an alliance with Kaido or Shanks. Kaido already has an alliance with Wano so in that situation my money is on Elbaf x Red hairs. Though ideally I would like them to be a monstrous individual force which doesn't need alliances.
    That or elbaf is big mom's home and her own race and she cant bring herself to go after them and that would even go against her dream for which imo she left elbaf in the first place.

  18. #58
    Adviser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,404
    If all this Elbaf speculation is true, it pretty much cements it as the strongest nation in the world.

    Quite superior to even Wano, which is probably second.

  19. #59
    Corazon Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    7,709
    Big Mom is way bigger even than large humans.Jinbe is 3 meters and Big Mom dwarfs him while sitting on her ass.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ???
    They got a centaur from punk hazard so that book can potentially also contain a harpy aka monet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •