Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    by desires you mean territory or resources hmm?

Well, it's not like war is decided by the plebs unless it's a revolution
    I'm way behind this, talking of the essential reasons why war exists. Just like countries clash over resources and territory, single human beings clash because their desires are conflicting.

I fight you to take your food, your house or your woman, or I fight to defend mine from someone who wants them. I fight you because you have an idea different from mine, or because you offended me, or because you believe in the wrong religion, or because I just dislike you and I feel like removing you from existence.

The creation of societies (villages, towns and counties) not only gave humans more reasons to fight each other, but also shifted the issue on a superior level, since as you say, even societies have their desires (resources, territory, supremacy, survival, wealth) and they clash with other societies using the human beings that constitute them as weapons and limbs. The essential and original issue, anyway, is in the individual's expression of desire: if humans were desireless, even societies would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way behind this, talking of the essential reasons why war exists. Just like countries clash over resources and territory, single human beings clash because their desires are conflicting.

I fight you to take your food, your house or your woman, or I fight to defend mine from someone who wants them. I fight you because you have an idea different from mine, or because you offended me, or because you believe in the wrong religion, or because I just dislike you and I feel like removing you from existence.

The creation of societies (villages, towns and counties) not only gave humans more reasons to fight each other, but also shifted the issue on a superior level, since as you say, even societies have their desires (resources, territory, supremacy, survival, wealth) and they clash with other societies using the human beings that constitute them as weapons and limbs. The essential and original issue, anyway, is in the individual's expression of desire: if humans were desireless, even societies would be.
    another way to see it, is that if we only had one individual, in this case, one society, there would be no competing desires on the societal level. This would imply more than unification under a country, but internal class unification too to prevent rebellion

You mean total communism under a single state controling every resource of the Earth then sharing it to the people?
    The Red Army is here to rule with an Iron Fist!
    The Russians are back!

Psst. Want to know a secret?
    Shh. don't let the Type 1 faggots know...
    http://millenniumforums.com/forumdis...-Meeting-Place
    The thing is... that I don't know the password