Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Kinda hyped for this

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    DC been loving their multiversal stuff lately. Like maybe too much.

I have a feeling that Doomsday Clock is going to be either a boom or a bust

DC's multiverse stuff has been all over the place from what I've read. The Presence getting killed & whatnot

Finally getting around to catching up with the Flash. Read the first few issues of New 52 Flash, planning on just reading the main story line stuff then jumping to Rebirth

Just started 'The Button'. The art was great in the first issue, was a crazy sixty seconds. Really enjoyed the first half of the event, will read the rest later tonight

Nice to see Bruce's dad from the one timeline back. Last time I remember seeing him was in Convergence

Should be interesting to see what happens now that they're stuck in a different timeline. Only a matter of time before Thawne comes back, maybe they can catch a ride with him

i read the summary on dark nights metal, i really wanna start this

but do i have to catch up on all of new 52 to not feel lost? @Makenzye;

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i read the summary on dark nights metal, i really wanna start this

but do i have to catch up on all of new 52 to not feel lost? @Makenzye;
    Nah. Comics always feels like you're missing something, but usually they're all tied together by overarching themes and stuff is generally explained for people who are just coming aboard.

Give it a shot and see how you feel. If you think you're missing out on something I can help fill it in or direct you to comics to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Nah. Comics always feels like you're missing something, but usually they're all tied together by overarching themes and stuff is generally explained for people who are just coming aboard.

Give it a shot and see how you feel. If you think you're missing out on something I can help fill it in or direct you to comics to do so.
    i was counting on that, but this series seems pretty deep on the surface. have you started on it yet? how do you feel about it?

have you started on it yet? how do you feel about it?
    It's largely forgettable. The real power is in the sideseries where the twisted Bruces encounter the mainstream formal mantles. So seeing his interaction with the Flash, or Cyborg, or what have you.

It's largely forgettable. The real power is in the sideseries where the twisted Bruces encounter the mainstream formal mantles. So seeing his interaction with the Flash, or Cyborg, or what have you.
    really? that's not what i got from what little i saw, but i'll try it before asking for anything more, thanks

really? that's not what i got from what little i saw, but i'll try it before asking for anything more, thanks

If it's like one of your first real forays into Big Events for comics? It'll stick with you by virtue of that alone. But as far as whole storylines go? It's really nothing special.

Yeah, give it a read and let us know what you think. It's not really a polarizing read or anything, so don't worry about having an opinion on it.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    between the invincible compendiums and the coming sandman universe comics i will most likely be homeless by the end of 2018 but it WILL be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou View Post
    between the invincible compendiums and the coming sandman universe comics i will most likely be homeless by the end of 2018 but it WILL be worth it.
    Comics is a pretty stupid expensive hobby.

The worst part is it will never pay you back in any sort of financial value.

i want to agree without implying theyve left a dent in my wallet so far because they havent. i stopped buying single issues a few years back when i first felt a creep in prices (like 20p but still, to a teen that adds up to something hefty depending on how many you buy). but i think thats mitigated by the "replay value" good comics tend to have (much like literature). putting a comic away, revisting it a few years later and then enjoying it for a whole different reason is a pretty gratifiying experience.

what about rare comics though? im sure its a niche enough interest for people to really dig through their pockets to get a hold of them. sort of like vinyl i imagine but with much less hipster cred.

"As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

i want to agree without implying theyve left a dent in my wallet so far because they havent. i stopped buying single issues a few years back when i first felt a creep in prices (like 20p but still, to a teen that adds up to something hefty depending on how many you buy). but i think thats mitigated by the "replay value" good comics tend to have (much like literature). putting a comic away, revisting it a few years later and then enjoying it for a whole different reason is a pretty gratifiying experience.

what about rare comics though? im sure its a niche enough interest for people to really dig through their pockets to get a hold of them. sort of like vinyl i imagine but with much less hipster cred.
    Rare comics operate sort of like rare cars. They go up and they go down in value with nary a good reason why except character popularity in any given year. But truly comic collections aren't worth that much unless you're hoarding very certain selections of comics.

Nobody, and I mean nobody is looking for US1 or when Artemis replaced Diana despite their relative rarity today. It really doesn't help with the surging return of the variant cover where select covers might be what people chase, but given the market saturation of variant covers when they first arrived pretty much made them worthless entirely. Sort of like Beanie Babies, where some people want to sell these things for several hundred dollars, but the issue might be only worth six dollars.

Though if we're talking about a personal return as enjoyment on investment, then I find comics pretty much are the biggest. I get a much bigger kick out of them than returning to video games and what not.

Rare comics operate sort of like rare cars. They go up and they go down in value with nary a good reason why except character popularity in any given year. But truly comic collections aren't worth that much unless you're hoarding very certain selections of comics.

Nobody, and I mean nobody is looking for US1 or when Artemis replaced Diana despite their relative rarity today. It really doesn't help with the surging return of the variant cover where select covers might be what people chase, but given the market saturation of variant covers when they first arrived pretty much made them worthless entirely. Sort of like Beanie Babies, where some people want to sell these things for several hundred dollars, but the issue might be only worth six dollars.

Though if we're talking about a personal return as enjoyment on investment, then I find comics pretty much are the biggest. I get a much bigger kick out of them than returning to video games and what not.
    variant covers were almost always miss rather than hit for me tbh (outside of just sheer novelty). the "venomized" ones were the coolest and seemed most worth having to me though, even though ive never cared for venom per se.

how about autographed comics, or are readers blasé about them too

B

variant covers were almost always miss rather than hit for me tbh (outside of just sheer novelty). the "venomized" ones were the coolest and seemed most worth having to me though, even though ive never cared for venom per se.

how about autographed comics, or are readers blasé about them too
    Depending on whose autograph you're looking at it'll change the value. Like I have a first issue of Iron Man Vol. 3 signed by Kurt Busiek (the Sunburst cover in fact) and it's probably worth like 10 dollars as the issue itself is only worth 4-5.

Stan Lee stuff is about to become temporarily super valuable.

It's even worse when you don't have a reliable source of them

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    It's even worse when you don't have a reliable source of them
    Where you at?