Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno if I'd call those traits unique to comics, especially around her time, but she's definitely a pretty good character.

I enjoyed her design quite a bit and you can tell Gaiman really likes telling stories with her in them.
    I think her personality was pretty unique for a main female lead, her design was as well. She was written well for sure

So I'm thinking about reading Final Crisis at some point, what did you think of it personally?

Quote Originally Posted by ravemastersieg View Post
    I think her personality was pretty unique for a main female lead, her design was as well. She was written well for sure

So I'm thinking about reading Final Crisis at some point, what did you think of it personally?
    It wasn't bad. I'm always a fan of reading a New Gods story, so I was down for the fun.

DC had a weird relationship with big events during this time, so I wouldn't walk into it with any presumption.

It wasn't bad. I'm always a fan of reading a New Gods story, so I was down for the fun.

DC had a weird relationship with big events during this time, so I wouldn't walk into it with any presumption.
    I tend to like a lot of Morrison's stuff, but I've heard both good & bad things about Final Crisis

I tend to like a lot of Morrison's stuff, but I've heard both good & bad things about Final Crisis
    Good and bad is fair. I find it tends to waver all over the place as far as people enjoyed it. Not in a normal convention, but in how people who would normally enjoy something like this didn't and visa versa.

Good and bad is fair. I find it tends to waver all over the place as far as people enjoyed it. Not in a normal convention, but in how people who would normally enjoy something like this didn't and visa versa.
    It's one of Morrison's bigger name comics that's I've yet to read. I need to read his JLA run too, heard mostly positive stuff about it

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, started the Nu52 Phantom Stranger comic last night. Trigon looked so dope in the first issue

It's one of Morrison's bigger name comics that's I've yet to read. I need to read his JLA run too, heard mostly positive stuff about it

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, started the Nu52 Phantom Stranger comic last night. Trigon looked so dope in the first issue
    Morrison's JLA lineup has a considerable fan reaction as THE defining lineup of the JLA.

I personally disliked Trigon's overly ornate oddly overlay look.

Morrison's JLA lineup has a considerable fan reaction as THE defining lineup of the JLA.

I personally disliked Trigon's overly ornate oddly overlay look.
    What was your personal opinion of it?

I liked his new design for the most part, first time seeing Trigon in a while. Picked up Phantom Stranger because it's short and the Christian stuff goes along with Lucifer

What was your personal opinion of it?

I liked his new design for the most part, first time seeing Trigon in a while. Picked up Phantom Stranger because it's short and the Christian stuff goes along with Lucifer
    I don't normally care for the overly ornate, "Look at my EGO!" sort of design. While it can work, Trigon doesn't for this one. This is something I'd see on Zauriel. It ends up being redrawn and blurred over from panel to panel and sometimes shifted away. It also moves away from Trigon's simplicity of just being an unstoppable force, so for me it takes away from his character rather than add to it. Granted he's had a dozen variations of what makes up a "design," I almost never enjoy it when it starts to get more and more complicated just for some odd aesthetic when it really adds nothing to the character.

Sort of like if Iron Man showed up with the rules to the Avengers etched into his armor with pauldrons, a Roman "mohawk" to his helmet, eyebrows, a brace around his stomach, and embellishments all about his armor.

I don't normally care for the overly ornate, "Look at my EGO!" sort of design. While it can work, Trigon doesn't for this one. This is something I'd see on Zauriel. It ends up being redrawn and blurred over from panel to panel and sometimes shifted away. It also moves away from Trigon's simplicity of just being an unstoppable force, so for me it takes away from his character rather than add to it. Granted he's had a dozen variations of what makes up a "design," I almost never enjoy it when it starts to get more and more complicated just for some odd aesthetic when it really adds nothing to the character.

Sort of like if Iron Man showed up with the rules to the Avengers etched into his armor with pauldrons, a Roman "mohawk" to his helmet, eyebrows, a brace around his stomach, and embellishments all about his armor.
    My bad, I meant what did you think of Morrison's JLA? Doesn't it have some Angels & Silver City related stuff?

Soon as I'm done with the Phantom Stranger I'm going to read either Final Crisis or finally start Nu52 Flash

My bad, I meant what did you think of Morrison's JLA? Doesn't it have some Angels & Silver City related stuff?

Soon as I'm done with the Phantom Stranger I'm going to read either Final Crisis or finally start Nu52 Flash
    Since FC is a much shorter series I'd give that a run before you hit Flash. Though honestly you can skip over New 52 and go straight for Rebirth.

And yes. Morrison has himself a penchant for getting angel stuff in his comics and this is no exception.

Since FC is a much shorter series I'd give that a run before you hit Flash. Though honestly you can skip over New 52 and go straight for Rebirth.

And yes. Morrison has himself a penchant for getting angel stuff in his comics and this is no exception.
    I'll probably binge read quite a bit of New 52 Flash, shouldn't take me too long to get to Rebirth

Spectre was in the last Phantom Stranger issue I read, kinda weird seeing him with his new design

I'll probably binge read quite a bit of New 52 Flash, shouldn't take me too long to get to Rebirth

Spectre was in the last Phantom Stranger issue I read, kinda weird seeing him with his new design
    Spectre? He had his Post-Crisis (and Pre-Crisis) look in the beginning of Phantom Stranger, then it sorta shifted over to that two strap across the chest "punish me" look going on in Constantine, and then he had this weird metal shirt with a diamond cut out for his chest and abs again in PS.

It's all pretty bad looking. lol Like they're straight out of the 90's. I even prefer the Hal Jordan Spectre look to these.

But truth be told the Spectre really never had much design and I think I always liked that. White ghostly body and green cape with green short shorts. Wherever he was you recognized him without having to pore over details in a background to know its him. When he's there, he's there. And it's not like these new designs would change that, but he becomes too "busy." So that said, as odd as this sounds, I prefer his KC "non" design. Hands down his most simple, alien, and mysterious look. Green cape and chiseled ghostly body and nothing else. Especially the way it was drawn gives it an otherworldly angelic look. But that may strictly because KC was written and drawn for fans like me.

Spectre? He had his Post-Crisis (and Pre-Crisis) look in the beginning of Phantom Stranger, then it sorta shifted over to that two strap across the chest "punish me" look going on in Constantine, and then he had this weird metal shirt with a diamond cut out for his chest and abs again in PS.

It's all pretty bad looking. lol Like they're straight out of the 90's. I even prefer the Hal Jordan Spectre look to these.

But truth be told the Spectre really never had much design and I think I always liked that. White ghostly body and green cape with green short shorts. Wherever he was you recognized him without having to pore over details in a background to know its him. When he's there, he's there. And it's not like these new designs would change that, but he becomes too "busy." So that said, as odd as this sounds, I prefer his KC "non" design. Hands down his most simple, alien, and mysterious look. Green cape and chiseled ghostly body and nothing else. Especially the way it was drawn gives it an otherworldly angelic look. But that may strictly because KC was written and drawn for fans like me.
    It was the first time I'd seen Spectre in pants

Hal Jordan Spectre is the one who wore the black leotard right? Don't think I ever read that one

Yeah, I agree. His design was always really simple, but it still stood out enough to make him easily recognizable.

It was the first time I'd seen Spectre in pants

Hal Jordan Spectre is the one who wore the black leotard right? Don't think I ever read that one

Yeah, I agree. His design was always really simple, but it still stood out enough to make him easily recognizable.
    Sorta. It was a "Specter-ized" version of his GL uniform when he was the "Spirit of Redemption," and could barely contain himself. You didn't miss much because like any Spectre, he rarely got used until a story centered around him.

Sorta. It was a "Specter-ized" version of his GL uniform when he was the "Spirit of Redemption," and could barely contain himself. You didn't miss much because like any Spectre, he rarely got used until a story centered around him.
    Hmm after reading about it a bit, I sorta wanna check out the Hal Jordan Spectre run

Hmm after reading about it a bit, I sorta wanna check out the Hal Jordan Spectre run
    It always sounds more exciting than it is.

I don't regret reading it (maybe buying it), but his appearances aren't that great. Just mostly a struggle between Vengeance seeking of the Spectre and wilful Redemption of the host.

It always sounds more exciting than it is.

I don't regret reading it (maybe buying it), but his appearances aren't that great. Just mostly a struggle between Vengeance seeking of the Spectre and wilful Redemption of the host.
    That does happen quite a bit

I've read some interesting things about it. Judgment Day was one of the very first comics Geoff Johns wrote, he got to write the Hal Jordan Spectre a few times during JSA as well & he's the one who wrote Green Lantern Rebirth where Hal stopped being the Spectre

That does happen quite a bit

I've read some interesting things about it. Judgment Day was one of the very first comics Geoff Johns wrote, he got to write the Hal Jordan Spectre a few times during JSA as well & he's the one who wrote Green Lantern Rebirth where Hal stopped being the Spectre
    GLR was a much better comic, and helped establish a lot of what we see in Green Lantern comics today.

Where can I read Alien comics? None of the AvP crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    Where can I read Alien comics? None of the AvP crap.
    I'll send you a link. I'd recommend Alien Defiance.