Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 164
  1. #41
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huh, thought dd was always tied to electra

    Does herc have his own series?

    Mary jane?
    That's just the only one (barring BW) who's still alive. And that's only cause she was resurrected/replaced by a Skrull. The old joke is the curse of Matt's dick. You ride the Daredevil's "baton" and you die. Sometimes you become a heroin addicted porn actress first, though.

    He gets his own series here and there, but currently he's running with the Avengers again.

    There was a huge risk of that for a bit, but now that Tony's "dead," he isn't doing much other than playing the AI to a kid's armor.

  2. #42
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Anybody else read the Justice League of America: Rebirth One-Shot? If not, don't proceed. If you're not going to: Go for it.






    It's a freaking crazy mass of contradictions. It's a good little read, but it's so freaking bizarre how much of this team is an Outsiders incarnation without having the word on the title.

    I love Batman's, "We need a team not made of gods," bit. Like, I get his motivations. He wants a team who represents the common person so that they aren't afraid and can connect with the greater good the team is doing. What I don't get is how he immediately hires an intergalactic alien bounty hunter who can go toe to toe with Superman, an energy being, a heat vampire, and a supermodel who can imitate any of the animal kingdom. These people are seen as demi-gods at best, and pretty much the regular gods of the Justice League at worst. It's completely bizarre.

    I also really love Batman's, "This team is a place where people can rebuild themselves." So this series comes fresh off the back of Justice League vs Suicide Squad where Batman witnessed actual results and possible value in the idea of putting criminals in a situation they can reform themselves. What I DON'T get is how Batman then goes on to recruit: Two known superheroes, two beginner superheroes, the same hero who is already a reformed supercriminal, and a guy who only qualifies as a supervillain sometimes. Five out of six of them (not including Batman) don't require any form of rebuilding or reforming. One of them actually could be seen as such. ONE.

    This book really is just another Outsiders, but thrown in with not one, but two weird and conflicting social aspects. The team needs to appeal to the common person so they're not afraid but should also be staffed by reforming criminals. Two goals at odds with one another.



  3. #43
    King of Explodo-Kills DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,593
    Read that one shot you mentioned Mak. Liked it. Liked the idea of a human group of superheroes rather than gods, and I can see why the public would feel more reassured with that kind of Justice League.

  4. #44
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read that one shot you mentioned Mak. Liked it. Liked the idea of a human group of superheroes rather than gods, and I can see why the public would feel more reassured with that kind of Justice League.
    Yeah, it's a pretty interesting idea. One I could even get behind as a book theme. I just found it weird that he also wants to recruit criminals. It would be like hiring a bunch of felons to run your city government because it doesn't seem as detached as the federal government or something. In fact, I'd be much more down for Batman running his own version of the Suicide Squad than anything else.


    Also, Batman stole my damn idea.



  5. #45
    King of Explodo-Kills DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, it's a pretty interesting idea. One I could even get behind as a book theme. I just found it weird that he also wants to recruit criminals. It would be like hiring a bunch of felons to run your city government because it doesn't seem as detached as the federal government or something. In fact, I'd be much more down for Batman running his own version of the Suicide Squad than anything else.


    Also, Batman stole my damn idea.
    I thought Frost was the only criminal he recruited.

    Lobo looked pretty fishy though.

  6. #46
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Frost was the only criminal he recruited.

    Lobo looked pretty fishy though.
    Lobo is sort of a criminal since his business contracts sometimes brings him into conflict with heroic types. But the problem with Lobo is he's unrepentant. He just doesn't really learn or care.



  7. #47
    King of Explodo-Kills DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lobo is sort of a criminal since his business contracts sometimes brings him into conflict with heroic types. But the problem with Lobo is he's unrepentant. He just doesn't really learn or care.
    So he's like Poopy, got it.

  8. #48
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he's like Poopy, got it.

    Yeah, I guess that's pretty apt.

    I hope the comic shakes off the "appeals to man" vibe so it can work better at the other focus, though.



  9. #49
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    There be an apocalyptic level salt storm methinks.



  10. #50
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    This week is all salt.




  11. #51
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Thor's secret finally revealed. And man was it pretty much just as disappointing as one would think, but at least it fulfilled certain qualifications to work.



  12. #52
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Weapon X. Thought you could be sneaky. Put in Greg Land as your artist and hoping I would just let it slide with all the Syad stuff. But I see you. Using ol' Pornface. Your second page gave it clear away.

    Your X-23? Took me till the next page to figure out it wasn't just some generic female character distinguished by having blades bolted onto your copy/paste. Love that I thought it was Psylocke because you've used that exact model for her, and Emma, and Jean, and a bunch of others in the past. I am super glad you were able to AGAIN use that "pose" you used for your Phoenix covers and about a million other times when you need a woman to look both "sexy" and "intimidating" at the same time with DS.


    Also, how did Logan smell fear on robots but then claim that he was unable to smell their hate? The whole "I made sure camera" blah blah blah sounds clever, but how the hell did you know they were going to not only figure out where you were two hundred miles away from civilization, but that they were going to come at you right away? Why not when you were at a damn library? I like you, Pak. You do wonderful work sometimes. But this first issue is not up to that standard.



  13. #53
    No Shave November Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    50,052
    @Makenzye; so I hear Daniel Way is one of the funniest Deadpool writers?



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  14. #54
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Makenzye; so I hear Daniel Way is one of the funniest Deadpool writers?
    And controversial.

    A lot of people hate his guts as a writer on Deadpool. Personally as I get further away I sort of have more neutral feelings about his writing. It was fun and in the moment but at the same time it felt like, "Look! I'm wacky zany Deadpool guys!" I think he came in really good with his ties to Secret Invasion and the whole "Dark Avengers" parts and when he dealt with the Thunderbolts, but as the stories went on it became sort of... bleh.

    Though I have used a few of his jokes around here before when someone says, "You've got a point," and I'll respond regardless of who said it to whom with, "Yeah, on your ears."

    He's not bad at it, though. At least he's not Tieri, Moore, Gischler, or Duggan.



  15. #55
    No Shave November Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    50,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And controversial.

    A lot of people hate his guts as a writer on Deadpool. Personally as I get further away I sort of have more neutral feelings about his writing. It was fun and in the moment but at the same time it felt like, "Look! I'm wacky zany Deadpool guys!" I think he came in really good with his ties to Secret Invasion and the whole "Dark Avengers" parts and when he dealt with the Thunderbolts, but as the stories went on it became sort of... bleh.

    Though I have used a few of his jokes around here before when someone says, "You've got a point," and I'll respond regardless of who said it to whom with, "Yeah, on your ears."

    He's not bad at it, though. At least he's not Tieri, Moore, Gischler, or Duggan.
    so who would you say is the best, in overall?

    I'll also need recommendations on specific issues or whatevs so I can start reading



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  16. #56
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so who would you say is the best, in overall?

    I'll also need recommendations on specific issues or whatevs so I can start reading
    The name which immediately jumps to mind is Joe Kelly. Deadpool Vol. 1 1-33 (I think 33. The Issue was Called The End of the End or Happy Entrails to You).



  17. #57
    No Shave November Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    50,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The name which immediately jumps to mind is Joe Kelly. Deadpool Vol. 1 1-33 (I think 33. The Issue was Called The End of the End or Happy Entrails to You).
    appreciated, off to reading ... soon



    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  18. #58
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    appreciated, off to reading ... soon
    Also look at Cable & Deadpool.



  19. #59
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    8,706
    Mak I want some good comics I haven't read, and I want it now.

  20. #60
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mak I want some good comics I haven't read, and I want it now.

    I can't pump up the Flash Post-Rebirth enough.

    Super Sons as well.

    Champions has been really good, as has Nova (last issue next month ), Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Descender, Saga, Avengers, and Aquaman.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •