Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ^ that's a hefty pull-list

I've only read two titles today. I picked up Becky Cloonan's ongoing run on The Punisher, it's actually pretty enjoyable. also contains one of Steve Dillon last works, he died last month (RIP)

The Goddamned: was a nice read, this issue had a crazy and surprising resolution to the arc. the release schedule on this series has been slow as hell but the wait so far has been worth it, can’t get enough of R.M. Guera’s artwork and Jason Aaron’s take on Cain’s story

I'm gonna read Bloodshot U.S.A later this week but I have to finish Bloodshot Reborn first

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^ that's a hefty pull-list

I've only read two titles today. I picked up Becky Cloonan's ongoing run on The Punisher, it's actually pretty enjoyable. also contains one of Steve Dillon last works, he died last month (RIP)

The Goddamned: was a nice read, this issue had a crazy and surprising resolution to the arc. the release schedule on this series has been slow as hell but the wait so far has been worth it, can’t get enough of R.M. Guera’s artwork and Jason Aaron’s take on Cain’s story

I'm gonna read Bloodshot U.S.A later this week but I have to finish Bloodshot Reborn first
    Sad part was that was roughly around half of my scheduled reads, not counting any stuff I pick up out of whimsy.

Ms. Marvel was a pretty good read this week. But it had this bizarre retro 70's feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Sad part was that was roughly around half of my scheduled reads, not counting any stuff I pick up out of whimsy.

this is why you have dominion over this section my good sir

say, which magazine are you reading the Dredd stories from, ''2000 AD Pack'' or the ''Judge Dredd Megazine'' ?

feeling an itch to read a good Dredd story right now, been a while since I picked up one

also -- which Valiant titles do you have on your pull-list?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

this is why you have dominion over this section my good sir

say, which magazine are you reading the Dredd stories from, ''2000 AD Pack'' or the ''Judge Dredd Megazine'' ?

feeling an itch to read a good Dredd story right now, been a while since I picked up one

also -- which Valiant titles do you have on your pull-list?
    I think I'm reading them from 2000 AD, but the rub is my local comic shop doesn't carry them so I've been forced to catch them online when I can. The most consistent release I have for Dredd right now is the IDW line currently ongoing, which is pretty good. Though maybe not as grit as some may hope for. I need to just drop my nonsense and subscribe to 2000 AD and just get it through a tablet. I just dislike reading comics that way.

Valiant wise?

Ninjak
    Harbinger
    4001 AD
    Archer and Armstrong
    Bloodshot
    Shadowman
    X-O Manowar (who I oddly didn't discover until his crossover with Iron Man in Heavy Metal, based on a video game. lol)
    Quantum and Woody
    Divinity

And others I know I'm forgetting like Britannia, Dead Drop, and some others. Though I'm not really counting mini-series as something I'd religiously pull. Though with Valiant I tend to read them last and in large bursts. I also don't religiously buy Valiant issues like I do with some other lines. I should, but I sometimes forget or it exceeds the pull amount at my LCS.

I remember being pissed off with Acclaim when I they bought out Valiant back a long time ago, but with them coming out with Solar who was my fave superhero for a long time, Armorines, and Turok I wasn't so bummed after that. And then Marvel bought them anyway completing the cycle of life of Jim Shooter.

I think I'm reading them from 2000 AD, but the rub is my local comic shop doesn't carry them so I've been forced to catch them online when I can. The most consistent release I have for Dredd right now is the IDW line currently ongoing, which is pretty good. Though maybe not as grit as some may hope for. I need to just drop my nonsense and subscribe to 2000 AD and just get it through a tablet. I just dislike reading comics that way.

Valiant wise?

Ninjak
    Harbinger
    4001 AD
    Archer and Armstrong
    Bloodshot
    Shadowman
    X-O Manowar (who I oddly didn't discover until his crossover with Iron Man in Heavy Metal, based on a video game. lol)
    Quantum and Woody
    Divinity

And others I know I'm forgetting like Britannia, Dead Drop, and some others. Though I'm not really counting mini-series as something I'd religiously pull. Though with Valiant I tend to read them last and in large bursts. I also don't religiously buy Valiant issues like I do with some other lines. I should, but I sometimes forget or it exceeds the pull amount at my LCS.

I remember being pissed off with Acclaim when I they bought out Valiant back a long time ago, but with them coming out with Solar who was my fave superhero for a long time, Armorines, and Turok I wasn't so bummed after that. And then Marvel bought them anyway completing the cycle of life of Jim Shooter.
    fantastic, it's great to see you're knee-deep into valiant titles, my thought on some of them--

Ninjak:
    the Shadow Seven arc was AWESOME, had to place the series on standby because of the following issues but I'll try to get back to it later

Harbinger:
    oh man, this has been a gem since 2012. I'm so glad the team is getting back together in Harbinger Renegades. The first issue of Renegades was very good, the new writer was able to capture the essence that Joshua Dysart infused into these characters surprisingly well.

Imperium:
    Harada Senpai, the ultimate douchebag. I have some catching up to do with this series before I dive deeper into the new Harbinger title.

Shadowman:
    there's so much untapped potential here, I dig the concept a whole lot although storywise there hasn't been a homerun yet. That said Peter Milligan (writer) and Roberto De La Torre (god that art was gorgeous) did better than most as far as their contribution to the character goes during their short run. But what I liked most was the stuff Matt Kindtt did with him when he showed up in Ninjak.

Bloodshot:
    I've been enjoying this since Jeff Lemire jumped on board.

The Valiant:
    This was a great self-contained crossover event. The Immortal Enemy was handled with nigh perfection here, my favorite valiant villain alonside Harada.

Divinity: not bad, seeing his interaction with other Valiant characters is kinda fun. I have yet to read the second one though.

the last Judge Dredd I read was ''Judge Dredd: Year One'' by IDW, good stuff. I'll check out the most recent IDW stuff and those from 2000 AD Pack.

Assorted Titles To Talk About

Here's a little thread to talk about comic titles we don't think may warrant their own thread, but still want to talk about them. So here's a place!

I'll start with some from week 1/4/17:

Scarlet Witch:
    So we come to the conclusion of the whole Witch's Road storyline. I have to say I really enjoyed the first major arc of the Scarlet Witch solo series. It had revelations, fantastic shifting art, and some of the psychedelic designs of eras past. Unfortunately it ended a bit on the predictable side, good and bad. It was nice to see the reconciliation and the refreshments to the characters though. Another layer of the realm of existence has been peeled back and it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Doctor Strange/Punisher:

Not a terrible series. This is more of an odd couple pairing that Marvel used to love with their old Marvel Team-Up series, and it's about as fun as it should be. It definitely makes sure it explains why Strange actually must adventure alongside one another with revelations of Strange's own series. This is what I love about Infinite Comics, in how Marvel can tell silly stories like this without the huge financial risk of putting it to paper which would have prevented Marvel from greenlighting this. I would have preferred it in paper form, but whatever. So Strange is closing in on the more magical aspects of this pretty basic plot, but his using of the old Phantom Eagle and the shout out to it is just wonderful. Gotta love these sort of stories.

Spider-Man 2099:
    Finally a nice solid win for Miguel and the future Captain America of 2099. I'm not in love with Elektra here, nor how everytime one of her fights finish it seems there MUST be a callback to her most infamous panel in comic history. All in all not bad. I did have some complaints about the art and how the figures are portrayed. Normally I don't mind women being drawn in weird positions, but I swear Sliney draws his women like they're having a sexy dance battle while fighting and it just made it harder to read that way. It wasn't ultra bad or anything, but it didn't make a ton of sense either. Sort of just detracts from the overall story. Still good art otherwise.

Squarriors:
    Two issues in and man do I just love this little series. It's actually a lot more fun than I thought reading about the internal politics of animals who have gained sentience in a post human world operating on a feudal mindset. Them Tin Kin better pull through! Loved the racoon with wooden armor. lol

Optimus Prime:
    Not a bad issue. I like how they are coloring Prime's past with other autobots and how the autobots aren't the pure race most think them to be. It gives them humanity for lack of a better term as their cops go out and just beat the crap out of decepticons. It's also nice to show how some people have become decepticons for this very reason. I still have the hardest time seeing Soundwave working with Prime, especially as he maintains he is a decepticon. Great art, good dialogue. And anytime the Junkions are involved I'm happy with it. TALK TV!!

I also have to comment on the greater scale of Transformers comics going on and how they're keeping true to the Transformers designs no matter how bizarre. It really gives it an alien feel when you see a dragon with a windshield for eyes and a box for a body talk about his war experiences.

Marvel Free Previews - Monsters Unleashed:

So there's an emphasis on it being a preview. It's just a cut from what I assume will be the first issue of the comic. It starts sort of at the beginning of a monster fight and the issue ends part way through with nothing else of note. It's...okay, I guess. I've always been a huge fan of Marvel's Monsters, but this is a Big Event and we all know how I feel about those. What I DID like was Steve McNiven in the art. God I love his art.

Death of Hawkman:
    One word/name: DESPERO

That's right. Despero is the one behind the whole conflict. Sorry for the spoiler alert, but I had to say it. I continue to love Strange's redesign in how it's still retro but modernized at the same time. The art is also great, though Hawkman seems to... change a little bit sometimes in the issue.

Rann and Thanagar are threatening war again (what else? They're the Middle East of Outer Space), and Despero orchestrated it all to get his hands on something which ups the ante even further.

This issue, and especially the end, really fills the reader with dread.

Old Man Logan:
    Sorrentino is back on the art! Thank Goodness. Also, the story is returning to the more worn and weary Logan, which I'm enjoying. I didn't really care for it when Logan did it as the "younger" Wolverine, but it feels more earned with this Wolverine. I love the back and forth with Logan being in space or back in his time. It's actually so well done that when I'm reading the adventure we think he's having I get so engrossed that when it flips back I'm sort of snapped in surprise. It's not bad for a Wolverine comic, but probably because they're building on his character and not just relying on flat characteristics.

Hawkeye:
    Alright, I don't think I've talked about this series anywhere else but... I'm not a fan thus far. I can see why people would love this, but I'm having a hard time. But it might not be a surprise because I just haven't really cared for Bishop's personality. She almost comes off as "strong independent female protagonist number seven." I don't know. It almost feels like I've read her before, but she's cranked up the annoying factor. Or assumes her smart aleck and chipper ego somehow makes for a great character. I actually liked her back under JMS in Young Avengers and I actually enjoy Kelly Thompson's works elsewhere. I don't know. It's hard to explain just what it is I dislike as I read it, and I do love the idea. In fact, the whole comic sort of feels like a checkbox in making a comic like this. I think it's just me and I might enjoy it more as I go along, but I get the feeling I'm not going to like Bishop much more than I do now. Either way, it was nice to see a plan backfire but I'm not sure how Bishop escaped the wave. Also, the cop was somewhat incompetent though the rapport between her and Bishop actually felt pretty natural and well thought out.

The Flintstones:
    I love this series more and more by the issue. Every issue has a great underlying social theme and it ups the ante every time. Gazoo is played to perfection, Fred is a perfect everyman who's thrust into situations and we can relate to his thinking, and the sideplot of religion actually goes off in a great historical tangent here. Before it was played more or less for laughs, but we get a look in how religion might also influence our actions and self worth by tying it to finances.

you guys seen this yet?

http://www.johnnyetc.com/the-symbiot...paign=promoted

Ghost Rider

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

VARIENT COVERS!!!!

Hmm?

I mispelled Variant.

But let me reiterate: I absolutely loathe most Variant Cover schemes.

schemes as in color/style or the money making kind?

The scam kind.

Bucky and Black Widow are a thing?

Since when?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Bucky and Black Widow are a thing?

Since when?
    Retcon stuff.

He was a trainer of hers while she was in the Red Room and becoming the Black Widow. When he took over the role of Captain America the two rekindled their romance and it's sort have gone back and forth since then.

And I'm using this as a place to point out: NOBODY WHINED LIKE A LITTLE BITCH WHEN BUCKY CARRIED THE SHIELD.

Retcon stuff.

He was a trainer of hers while she was in the Red Room and becoming the Black Widow. When he took over the role of Captain America the two rekindled their romance and it's sort have gone back and forth since then.

And I'm using this as a place to point out: NOBODY WHINED LIKE A LITTLE BITCH WHEN BUCKY CARRIED THE SHIELD.
    I thought as much. Just saw it yesterday on tvtropes and it got me by surprise, since I read about black widow before and it was mainly her and Hawkeye.

Is it because he's not black?

I thought as much. Just saw it yesterday on tvtropes and it got me by surprise, since I read about black widow before and it was mainly her and Hawkeye.

Is it because he's not black?
    Or her and Tony Stark.

Or her and Daredevil as his side piece.

Or her and Hercules.

And yes. It is.

Or her and Tony Stark.

Or her and Daredevil as his side piece.

Or her and Hercules.

And yes. It is.
    I guess that's what I get for reading wikipedia

oh dear

I guess that's what I get for reading wikipedia

oh dear

Hawkeye and Daredevil were the big two in her life for a long time. Hawkeye is actually who was responsible for getting her into the Avengers. And she was responsible, in a roundabout way, of getting him into the Avengers.

Hercules is because the editorial staff felt she shouldn't be without a romantic partner and she was serving alongside Herc in the Champions.

And Stark is because... Kurt Busiek just liked the idea? That and if their hair is red, they will fall into Stark's bed.

I'm feeling particularly nitpicky today. I'm not even to the title page of Green Lanterns and I have two paragraphs of complaints.

Hawkeye and Daredevil were the big two in her life for a long time. Hawkeye is actually who was responsible for getting her into the Avengers. And she was responsible, in a roundabout way, of getting him into the Avengers.

Hercules is because the editorial staff felt she shouldn't be without a romantic partner and she was serving alongside Herc in the Champions.

And Stark is because... Kurt Busiek just liked the idea? That and if their hair is red, they will fall into Stark's bed.
    Huh, thought dd was always tied to electra

Does herc have his own series?

Mary jane?