Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad you're enjoying it. GoT was pretty great and the art was slick as can be.

Superman Rebirth is good stuff. I recommend reading Action Comics alongside it. Especially since they bring the idea of the New Frontier into canon.
    Yeah I'm digging the art. Gorr seems like a legit powerhouse, curious as to his reasoning for hunting down all the gods

Checked out Rebirth last night, bearded up Supes was quite the sight. How far into the run does Supes go before merging with his Nu52 self?

Quote Originally Posted by ravemastersieg View Post
    Yeah I'm digging the art. Gorr seems like a legit powerhouse, curious as to his reasoning for hunting down all the gods

Checked out Rebirth last night, bearded up Supes was quite the sight. How far into the run does Supes go before merging with his Nu52 self?
    It was a recent development the past month or two.

Most Thor enemies tend to be legit powerhouses, which sometimes make it boring for me. Out of all the superheroes I can think of Thor tends to be the most "shoneny" given how he craves battle and power and tends to get enemies that increase in power over time. Which means some of his stories get super boring, but sometimes it plays out well. Gorr isn't necessarily a new concept for Thor, especially since Gorr is more or less Desak in theme and threat and purpose. Heck, they even almost have the same title with Gorr the God Butcher and Desak the God Slayer. Mangog has sort of filled this role as well.

It was a recent development the past month or two.

Most Thor enemies tend to be legit powerhouses, which sometimes make it boring for me. Out of all the superheroes I can think of Thor tends to be the most "shoneny" given how he craves battle and power and tends to get enemies that increase in power over time. Which means some of his stories get super boring, but sometimes it plays out well. Gorr isn't necessarily a new concept for Thor, especially since Gorr is more or less Desak in theme and threat and purpose. Heck, they even almost have the same title with Gorr the God Butcher and Desak the God Slayer. Mangog has sort of filled this role as well.
    I know what ya mean, I read a few of the older comics when I was younger. Thor seems to be handling Gorr a little differently than he does most opponents though. Him actively asking for help & being somewhat cautious isn't really his normal procedure

Read some complaints about Jon's strength compared to Supes, apparently people think Jon is becoming too strong too fast and it's making Supes look weak. What's your opinion?

I know what ya mean, I read a few of the older comics when I was younger. Thor seems to be handling Gorr a little differently than he does most opponents though. Him actively asking for help & being somewhat cautious isn't really his normal procedure

Read some complaints about Jon's strength compared to Supes, apparently people think Jon is becoming too strong too fast and it's making Supes look weak. What's your opinion?
    I really don't mind. You'll see Jon always as "short of Supes" whenever he's with his father and sometimes you'll see his strength blown far out of normal for team ups or on his own in the future. Right now he's nowhere near Superman level power or even Subject 1. Truth is, Kryptonians are just really strong and powerful from a young age and Jon being a hybrid is "untested" ground (as far as the new incarnation goes) so I'm not worried. I expect an oddity here and there is going to pop up with his power.

You should've been there when people were enraged that Supergirl might be faster and stronger than Superman and it just turned out to be that she used less control than Superman. Some people are really quick to judge what's going on and forget to account for what characters tend to do. Jon in particular hasn't really been shown to be all that strong yet. Then again he hasn't really been tested either.

I really don't mind. You'll see Jon always as "short of Supes" whenever he's with his father and sometimes you'll see his strength blown far out of normal for team ups or on his own in the future. Right now he's nowhere near Superman level power or even Subject 1. Truth is, Kryptonians are just really strong and powerful from a young age and Jon being a hybrid is "untested" ground (as far as the new incarnation goes) so I'm not worried. I expect an oddity here and there is going to pop up with his power.

You should've been there when people were enraged that Supergirl might be faster and stronger than Superman and it just turned out to be that she used less control than Superman. Some people are really quick to judge what's going on and forget to account for what characters tend to do. Jon in particular hasn't really been shown to be all that strong yet. Then again he hasn't really been tested either.
    One of the articles was freaking out because I guess Jon outsped Supes on foot while his dad was flying & Jon's heat vision was able to harm Supes. No idea how accurate those are, dude might've been over exaggerating

One of the articles was freaking out because I guess Jon outsped Supes on foot while his dad was flying & Jon's heat vision was able to harm Supes. No idea how accurate those are, dude might've been over exaggerating
    Superman in flight reduces his speed by a lot to prevent environmental disaster, something his son hasn't really picked up on yet. I'm also trying really hard to remember where Jon outsped his dad, but I'm coming up blank. Either way it wouldn't be because Jon is faster than Clark. And I wouldn't worry about Jon's heat vision really hurting Superman. Heat vision is a pretty unpredictable power and other Kryptonian's heat vision has hurt or at least burned Superman. It's because heat vision is not a "muscle" power so much as a release power. It seems to get stronger as they get older, but that might be more of a story progression and not so much a biology thing with Kryptonians. It's why Kara's heat vision and Karen's heat vision were comparable despite the around a decade of age difference between the two. And it's also why Karen and Kara's heat vision feel comparable to Clark and Zod's whenever they're in play against one another.

I'd say the guy is worried over nothing.

Superman in flight reduces his speed by a lot to prevent environmental disaster, something his son hasn't really picked up on yet. I'm also trying really hard to remember where Jon outsped his dad, but I'm coming up blank. Either way it wouldn't be because Jon is faster than Clark. And I wouldn't worry about Jon's heat vision really hurting Superman. Heat vision is a pretty unpredictable power and other Kryptonian's heat vision has hurt or at least burned Superman. It's because heat vision is not a "muscle" power so much as a release power. It seems to get stronger as they get older, but that might be more of a story progression and not so much a biology thing with Kryptonians. It's why Kara's heat vision and Karen's heat vision were comparable despite the around a decade of age difference between the two. And it's also why Karen and Kara's heat vision feel comparable to Clark and Zod's whenever they're in play against one another.

I'd say the guy is worried over nothing.
    That was my first thought, I remember it being stated many times in different runs that Superman avoids reaching his top speeds while on Earth. Also agree with the heat vision thing, it seems to vary in power all the time

Here's the scans of Jon out speeding Clark, it was in an issue of action comics:
    https://static2.comicvine.com/upload...29+966-005.jpg

That was my first thought, I remember it being stated many times in different runs that Superman avoids reaching his top speeds while on Earth. Also agree with the heat vision thing, it seems to vary in power all the time

Here's the scans of Jon out speeding Clark, it was in an issue of action comics:
    https://static2.comicvine.com/upload...29+966-005.jpg
    OH! Yeah, I remember that now. I took that as a dad just having fun with his kid and not trying to flat out embarrass his kid instead while being surprised by how quick his son is growing up, because Jon has a hard time outspeeding a lot of stuff later on and opts to jump for shortcuts as opposed to running in the future. Double because it's never really referenced that Jon is faster or stronger or whatever than his own father.

OH! Yeah, I remember that now. I took that as a dad just having fun with his kid and not trying to flat out embarrass his kid instead while being surprised by how quick his son is growing up, because Jon has a hard time outspeeding a lot of stuff later on and opts to jump for shortcuts as opposed to running in the future. Double because it's never really referenced that Jon is faster or stronger or whatever than his own father.
    Got bored the other night and started reading Rebirth. I'm a few issues in and I'm enjoying it more than I expected. About to finish the Eradicator mini-arc. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Lois & Clark comic, so I'll have to go back and read that soon as Eradicator gets done in

Got bored the other night and started reading Rebirth. I'm a few issues in and I'm enjoying it more than I expected. About to finish the Eradicator mini-arc. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Lois & Clark comic, so I'll have to go back and read that soon as Eradicator gets done in
    The Superman comics during Rebirth were excellently done. Really did well in reintroducing his character and more importantly character traits back into the universe. Granted it's a straight up nostalgia grab, but it was very well handled.

Like I said before, Rebirth was basically another Zero Hour. Sort of.

Just finished Lois & Clark, about to start Rebirth's Action Comics. Thinking about going back to read some old post-crisis story arcs

Currently just reading Rebirth Supes & Thor God of Thunder, but might pick up a Silver Surfer or Doctor Strange comic too

Just finished Lois & Clark, about to start Rebirth's Action Comics. Thinking about going back to read some old post-crisis story arcs

Currently just reading Rebirth Supes & Thor God of Thunder, but might pick up a Silver Surfer or Doctor Strange comic too
    The current and just previous runs of the Surfer by Dan Slott have been pretty good if entirely disconnected from anything going on.

Doctor Strange's current run has been pretty fun. You just might find Chris Bachalo's art hard to digest. Lord knows I do.

The current and just previous runs of the Surfer by Dan Slott have been pretty good if entirely disconnected from anything going on.

Doctor Strange's current run has been pretty fun. You just might find Chris Bachalo's art hard to digest. Lord knows I do.
    Silver Surfer has always been one of my favorite comic book character, hopefully Slott does him some justice. I'll probably start reading them in a couple weeks

So you're liking the current run? I plan on giving it a chance as soon as I'm done rereading Watchmen

Silver Surfer has always been one of my favorite comic book character, hopefully Slott does him some justice. I'll probably start reading them in a couple weeks

So you're liking the current run? I plan on giving it a chance as soon as I'm done rereading Watchmen
    Yeah. Despite what people would say Marvel is putting out some quality titles. Slott deals a lot more with character, so expect a lot of "searching" in his books.

Yeah. Despite what people would say Marvel is putting out some quality titles. Slott deals a lot more with character, so expect a lot of "searching" in his books.
    Which do you think was/is better, Slott's Silver Surfer runs or Aaron's Doctor Strange?

Which do you think was/is better, Slott's Silver Surfer runs or Aaron's Doctor Strange?
    Both very different stories. Like comparing "Welcome to the Jungle" to "Single Ladies" and asking which was the better song.

Strange has much more energy to it, Surfer is more about character exploration.

Both very different stories. Like comparing "Welcome to the Jungle" to "Single Ladies" and asking which was the better song.

Strange has much more energy to it, Surfer is more about character exploration.
    Just started Trinity, didn't even realize they had came out with a new one. Seems decent so far, last issue ended on a cliffhanger, Lois was about to run Poison Ivy over like roadkill

Just started Trinity, didn't even realize they had came out with a new one. Seems decent so far, last issue ended on a cliffhanger, Lois was about to run Poison Ivy over like roadkill
    Trinity is okay. I'm not getting too much out of it so far, but I do sort of enjoy Mercy.

Trinity is okay. I'm not getting too much out of it so far, but I do sort of enjoy Mercy.
    What's Mercy?

I've randomly found out about a few comics I didn't know existed in the past few days. Didn't know there was a Watchmen prequel or a new Lucifer comic

What's Mercy?

I've randomly found out about a few comics I didn't know existed in the past few days. Didn't know there was a Watchmen prequel or a new Lucifer comic
    You'll see it as you go through the comic.