2 9.09%
  • 4/5

8 36.36%
  • 5/5

11 50.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    wonder how this battle would've went down if luffy were fresh
    MARIA I'M DRUNK

But still, that is by definition Inconsistent since there is no limit to one's abilities.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Nami controlled a natural storm,what is inconsistent ?

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So wait, Nami can not manipulate a thunderstorm on Yonkou Level!?! :wat

Da Fuq?

wow, way to keep the consistency of power levels!
    God damn you're stupid.

She manipulated clouds that were already there, it was a matter of convineance which allowed her to amplify her weather abilities with the tact. Nothing is inconsistent about it, Zeus formed clouds, Nami exploited said clouds. That's like saying no one should be able to break or melt Aokijis ice because he is on a higher tier.

Can't believe I'm actually explaining common sense, but then again considering your track record with idiocy, I can already tell this was a wasted explanation.
    Last edited by Slayer; 11-17-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Everything, this dehypes Big Mom as some unstoppable force.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Also I love the Nami hype of manipulating Big Moms powers. I can see this being some EPIC forshadowing

Big Moms giant mood swings are what actually makes her scary in my book.

Also the best character design in this arc until now by far goes to Amande.

I can just see it being a convenient plot device to have someone that can stand against Big Mom.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Loved the whole army's fighting skills.Especially how Amande is ruthless sword fighter and that boundage scene between Galette and Nami.It sad they have much cooler DFs then Cracker and also love Smoothie's design(just hope that she will have better DF abillity then Cracker).She is one big bitch.
    Favourite OP charcters: Dragon,Benn,Croc,Kuma,Aokiji,Fuji,Zoro,Kid,X Drake,Hawkins,Sanji,Daz Bones,Van Augur

Favourite Kingdom characters: Ouki,Moubu,Mouten,Duke Hyou,Kanki,Kyoukai,Renpa,Riboku,Houken,Karin,Ousen

Favourite One Punch man characters: Saitama,King,Metal Bat,Garou,Silver Fang,Zombieman,Watchdog Man,Atomic Samurai,Homeless Emperor

Favorite Beserk characters:Zodd,Void,Skull Knight,Guts,Grunbeld,Raksas,Locus,Irvine,Mozgus, Griffith/Femto,Ganishka

Other manga/anime favourite characters: Lupin 3rd,Daisuke Jigen,Goemon Ishikawa XIII,Kakashi Hatake,Shikamaru Nara,Jiraiya,Kenpachi Zaraki,Shunsui Kyoraku,Goku,Tien Shinhan,Alucard

Nami didn't control the storm, she used what was already there to call down a thunderbolt. That's it. Big Mom isn't even actively controlling the storm. If she were there and attacking with her clouds then Nami would be as useless as she was when Enel decided to use an El Thor on her instead of basic baby bolts.

Anyway, very interesting chapter. Things are getting pretty tight and Big Mom is turning out to be pretty reasonable. Still think Sanji's knowledge that the Vinsmokes are playing Big Mom is going to be instrumental in getting out of this deal but we'll see how it works out. Brook actually getting to do something is pretty exciting as well. Here's to hoping it's not another bait and switch.

@COV;

Are you serious ? Big is basically doing nothing just sitting and eating while she brought up a storm that covered an entire island.How does that dehype her is beyond me

New that we know that there is someone out there that can use her storms to Nami's advantage, it is basically giving Nami the biggest buff in the world.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

This arc is top quality and may possibly beat Zou for arc of the year

The chapter was great though. BM saying she would let the current SH's live means Pedro/Carrot/Jinbei are practically dead at this point. Word is bond when it comes to BM though so I don't think she is changing her mind. Although its more likely Luffy just does what he wants and refuses this offer. But that makes the arc so interesting because this seems like such an impossible feat to pull off barring some miracle. Their affiliation with Lola might be an important factor but I don't know how relevant she is to BM

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    New that we know that there is someone out there that can use her storms to Nami's advantage, it is basically giving Nami the biggest buff in the world.
    That 'buff' barely scratched the relevant fighters of the enraged army
    the GOAT in my avy

Why did BM want Luffy alive? Why doesn't anyone just kill Luffy? The person who tried as hard as they could was Akainu. It gets old when everyone is a James Bond villain.

@Waffle; because of plot that's why.
    @Loki; this is just forshadowing, just wait for it.
    sigpic8970_3.gif

I will Take Them All!

Great chapter. Really enjoying the Brook/Pedro team up and it's very nice too see Brook getting some much needed screentime. BM pirates have great designs/abilities and it's great too see some female badasses like Amande and Smoothie. It was a very intense chapter overall and i can't wait too see what happens next.

Luffy put up some fight, but they ultimately got wrecked by the enraged army as expected. I quite like Smoothie's design.

Prometheus and Zeus are Homies.
    Homies can fall under the influence of BM's vivre card.
    Nami can control Prometheus and Zeus through the Sorcery Clima Tact and the vivre card.
    She used both to call down a flash of lightning so strong it wiped out a lot of the fodder.

I don't see how this dehypes Big Mom.

I guess I'm going to make this my main section since Toriko just ended.

Anyway, I'm loving Smoothie's design. Can't wait to see what Brook and Pedro are going to do next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    Why did BM want Luffy alive? Why doesn't anyone just kill Luffy? The person who tried as hard as they could was Akainu. It gets old when everyone is a James Bond villain.
    Probably because Nami mentioned Lola.

They won't know anything about her if they're dead.