Rico Verhoeven vs Badr Hari

I saw an interview of Rico a few days ago and it reminded me of the K-1 fights I used to watch as a kid and immediately got interested.

Any kickboxing experts here? Who's going to win?
    My observation tells me Rico is a jack of all trades, playing by the book with no real speciality while Badr Hari is past his prime and likely to lose .

1.96 m 114 kg

vs

1.98 m 120 kg

I'm more of an MMA fad but I can spare some time to watch a good kickboxing or Muay-Thai bout

when's the fight scheduled?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm more of an MMA fad but I can spare some time to watch a good kickboxing or Muay-Thai bout

when's the fight scheduled?

It's on 10 december but lot's of drama around it already You should see their highlights!

I dislike MMA but both fought against MMA fighters

Badr beating Alistair Overeem (in kick boxing)

Rico beating a Russian in MMA

your comments on MMA triggered me

they betray a serious lack of awareness that kickboxing is a much more limited (and ultimately inferior) form of fighting when compared to Mixed Martial Arts

especially when you boast about the best kickboxers beating trashy MMA fighters who wouldn't even make the cut at the highest level of MMA, for further emphasis, the opponent Rico fought has an MMA Record of (0-2) -- which basically means, since you probably didn't look at it, that he has never won a fight in his life, and most importantly he absolutely didn't have any prior relevant martial art skills, the promotion basically fed that guy to Verhoeven

but your judgement is biased, so of course you'd overlook such basic informations lmao

suddenly I don't feel like tunning in for this bout anymore
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 11-06-2016 at 04:58 PM.

I find kickboxing more technical and sport-like while MMA is too violent for my taste, I barely consider it a "sport" . And wasn't Alistair Overeem huge in MMA? Like, World champion huge o.o?

'nyways didn't mean to trigger ya. MMA >>>>>>>>>>>> kickboxing if that satisfies you more

P.S Still looking for an expert for predictions

this is not about satisfying me, it's about being objective

about Overeem, him and Badr fought in the limited rules of Kickboxing, so in actuality Badr fought a Kickboxer, not an MMA fighter... because that fight would have looked drastically different under MMA rules, it's apple and oranges

as for your view on MMA being too violent, appearances can be deceiving, when you actually look into the numbers, MMA is overall a safer sport than boxing or kickboxing (the former especially). the diversity of ways a fight can end in MMA allows fighters to receive much less shots to the head

so MMA fighters who have a smart approach on sparring and fighting can enjoy their retirement free of brain-related problems, whereas most other contact sports like Football, Boxing and Kickboxing are plagued by it, appearances can be deceiving my friend

I used to think like you before, thought it was too violent until I delved deeper

by the way, I highly suggest you watch the highest level of MMA figghters like Steven ''Wonderboy'' Thompson, Conor McGregor, Dominick Cruz, TJ Dillashaw, Rumble Johnson (and many more) before you claim that MMA isn't technical, because reading you say that is very cringe

guys guys calm your balls, the important part is that they are all dutch, well badr should lose because he's a traitor and a criminal. I hope he loses.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

screw you Dutch man

we're very calm actually, it's a spirited discussion at most

had to get a point across

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    Badr from 2008 - 2007 would be a good fight. Badr currently way too inactive, I lean towards Rico decision, or Badr by KO.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually my girl and I were going to get tickets to see the fight live.

The GLORY conference full coverage. I didn't know more kickboxers were involved, is this going to be like a K-1 tournament? They're all (physically) huge

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    guys guys calm your balls, the important part is that they are all dutch, well badr should lose because he's a traitor and a criminal. I hope he loses.
    Ya what's up with that All the great kickboxers are Dutch and there are just too many who were world champoin.

@The Shogun of Shoguns;

So what I imagined was right, guess Rico takes this after all

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    I actually met Overeem in Breda a few years back at GG Gym. Cool guy.

Badr chickened out, faking an arm injury during the match. gg

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!