3 25.00%
  • 8/10

4 33.33%
  • 9/10

2 16.67%
  • 10/10

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That doesn't necessarily mean that he'll die. I doubt that he'd actually get in a fight where he isn't sure whether he'll win. He'll just make a run for it, since he already said that he doesn't give a fuck about Qin.

But I want him to die

Revenge for Keisha

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Revenge for Keisha
    Shin was the one responsible for that though.

The Seven God Beasts

1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm
    400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei
    700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman "Snow Emperor" Xue Nu
    100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant
    300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai
    100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya
    700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor

Remember the SBK that couldn't care less when an enraged Moubu squared up to him?

Me neither.

Do you guys think that hara will skip some battles? Kanki actually gets defeated 4 years from now. I think that Hara foreshadowed his defeat way too early, also he's giving way too much hype to this campaign if the next important battle will be in 4 years. I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    @Void; One year of prep is also what Qin got (though we probably all think Riboku is better than anybody else at that).
    Exactly. Riboku is actually doing something really productive and making progress, while we are shown the top brass racking their brains and getting nothing of a plan. Units like the HSU are doing things like adding better soldiers and archers, but that honestly pales to what Zhao is doing.

And the fortification is what made it so Qin had to think of another way in in the first place, isn't it ? The fortifications take place mostly in western Zhao while they're trying to figure out a way to enter through the south of the state (did I get it right ? ).
    Initially yes, but you give Riboku at least an entire year to prep and fortify and your advantage goes away.

Like say they send Kanki to attack from the west weeks after Riboku does his declaration and another army or two from the south to attack Gyou/another place. If they win, it's because they didn't allow Riboku to fully implement his strategy and so caught him with his pants down. If they lose, it's because Riboku was the better man (I highly doubt SHK planned to attack and take Kokuyou just for the sake of it and it's not like they attacked right after Kokuyou either).

Now fast forward at least one year: if Qin loses, it's because Hara allowed Zhao to complete their defense and then some, closing the window of opportunity for Qin long ago. And think about it, it's Riboku, if he gets a year of whatever, he's surely not going to leave the south open or if he does, it's a huge trap that he's prepped for. If Qin does win (assuming they send 2-3 GG level generals), it depends on how they win but it would devalue Riboku's hype with the fortifications and proves that he's short sighted. Either way, I think Hara wrote himself into a corner here but I won't say that's the final word because the battle's not even begun yet.

Plus the one year thing might also be to respect history (like the actual moment Kanki died for example ?) I don't know much about real history in that time and place so I don't know if that's the reason, but I assumed it was.
    Let's not open Pandora's Box to derail the subject

I don't know if Hara has written himself in a corner. Unless Qin actually manages to get a foot in the door.

Yet what astounds me is how SHK/Mouki/pals are able to plan the whole campaign for one year with their pieces with the exact conclusion of getting wiped out and then as they get one in they deem themselves ready.

How does SHK know exactly how many people Zhao has stationed there? Let's say SHK knows the exact amount and location of Zhao troops from his spies at Zhao court... then why was he not able to use the momentum Kanki provided by cleaning the whole area in just a few days? Did he not foresee Kanki's win? And more importantly, did he not foresee that Riboku would deploy those defenses? Why is he sure now?

It also seems like a good time to look elsewhere. Wei can't move, Riboku won't and only Chu can protect Han if they care... Plus Chu could act just as well.

@behindthelight

No, Hara did imply that Kanki will lose to Riboku. But that will happen later on. The coming battle will be Ousen+Kanki beating Riboku. I think foreshadowing Kanki's defeat was actually good, because it will add tension to the coming battle.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    I don't know if Hara has written himself in a corner. Unless Qin actually manages to get a foot in the door.

Yet what astounds me is how SHK/Mouki/pals are able to plan the whole campaign for one year with their pieces with the exact conclusion of getting wiped out and then as they get one in they deem themselves ready.

How does SHK know exactly how many people Zhao has stationed there? Let's say SHK knows the exact amount and location of Zhao troops from his spies at Zhao court... then why was he not able to use the momentum Kanki provided by cleaning the whole area in just a few days? Did he not foresee Kanki's win? And more importantly, did he not foresee that Riboku would deploy those defenses? Why is he sure now?

It also seems like a good time to look elsewhere. Wei can't move, Riboku won't and only Chu can protect Han if they care... Plus Chu could act just as well.
    They have a foot in the door ala Kokuyou but that foot is met with a thick brickwall that is growing on the other side

Decent setup chapter, can't wait for the war. Rishi hype, war hype, next-gen hype and SBK's death hype.

Anyone else think SHK might be promoting both Ouhon, Shin and Mouten to General? I can't think of another reason he'd be calling them, unless he's essentially going to say he needs them to step up + will promote the highest achieving one amongst them to General.

http://reader.sensescans.com/read/ki...46/496/page/12

Bottom panel. The next-gen armies? Ouhon/Mouten blocking reinforcements whilst Shin takes the City?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    http://reader.sensescans.com/read/ki...46/496/page/12

Bottom panel. The next-gen armies? Ouhon/Mouten blocking reinforcements whilst Shin takes the City?
    Oh good call, I think SHK's calling them to inform them of their involvement in the upcoming war. Don't think they're gonna be promoted just yet. Hopefully the three can get some real accomplishments and rise to general after this war.

Shin, ouhon and mouten attacking gyou would be interesting also, but in this case would be needed something else, like promote at least one of them to general or assign 1-2 generals to them. Anyway is more likely that SHK will say them that they will participate in the next war and will be a key pieces.

I would love to see an interaction between Ouhon with Sbk, Shk and Sei since those three are not really familiar to him along with rumored about Ouhon father who got great ambitious to be a king himself.

SBK would sweat at the thought of meeting the son of the ambitious guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Anyone else think SHK might be promoting both Ouhon, Shin and Mouten to General? I can't think of another reason he'd be calling them, unless he's essentially going to say he needs them to step up + will promote the highest achieving one amongst them to General.
    I'm thinking we'll see something Sanyou-esque, a temporary promotion which they can keep if they do well in this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    They have a foot in the door ala Kokuyou but that foot is met with a thick brickwall that is growing on the other side
    I mean a foot that is worth something. Despite Kinmou's warnings, Riboku could not be bothered to take back Kokyou in a year with/without uncle Houken despite Qin being occupied. Or could Riboku be scared ... I guess more busy being beautiful or whatever.

Though I wonder how SHK intends to keep Gyou occupied without a supply route. Guess the guys get an extra large snack pack.

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    I mean a foot that is worth something. Despite Kinmou's warnings, Riboku could not be bothered to take back Kokyou in a year with/without uncle Houken despite Qin being occupied. Or could Riboku be scared ... I guess more busy being beautiful or whatever.

Though I wonder how SHK intends to keep Gyou occupied without a supply route. Guess the guys get an extra large snack pack.
    Riboku is a coward, his ultimatum was that he would lure Qin deep into Zhao and crush them, why would he not play to his strengths?

Extra large snack pack

I think they'll live off the land or pillage

Riboku is a coward, his ultimatum was that he would lure Qin deep into Zhao and crush them, why would he not play to his strengths?
    Riboku can go on offense and still hide behind Houken if push comes to shove. He's basically the only one in Zhao who needs not to be afraid of dying (beside Houken himself).

I think they'll live off the land or pillage
    New gen farm-arc!
    So that's what SHK called them for.