Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm going to miss reading this series weekly

It's one of my favorites. Though, Haikyu will help fill the void.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShinjoXXXX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing from the Magazine suggests that the series is ending.

I am thinking Heiji is assuming extra length = last chapter.
    I think it's safe to assume it is ending. When does Jump ever give a series more pages if it's not ending?

I wonder if it will end on Toriko's wedding with Rin, eating the full course. It's sad to think what could have been if Jump didn't get involved.

Remember when Toriko got a 25-page Chapter at the end of the Human World Act? Having an extended chapter doesn't have to mean that the series is ending with that chapter. Again, nothing directly from the Magazine suggests this at all. Nothing is confirmed yet for now.
    "Everything with a form will one day break...True pain is not one that runs through the body...it's something that constricts the heart..." - IGO President Ichiryuu to Sunny.

Take notes, other fathers in Anime & Manga, that's how you raise a child. #Respect4DaMainMan #MVPIchiryuu

Ahh yeah. I forgot all about that.

Yeah, nothing is officially confirmed right now, though, I do think it is what's going to happen. We're going to have to find out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I wonder if it will end on Toriko's wedding with Rin, eating the full course. It's sad to think what could have been if Jump didn't get involved.
    I'm assuming that's the point of the 31 pages. To give closure to the characters. It's so fucking sad. I was expecting chapter 400 >.> or the high 390's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinjoXXXX View Post
    Remember when Toriko got a 25-page Chapter at the end of the Human World Act? Having an extended chapter doesn't have to mean that the series is ending with that chapter. Again, nothing directly from the Magazine suggests this at all. Nothing is confirmed yet for now.
    But this says climax for Toriko. Jump would've made it clear if it's the climax for the gourmet world saga specifically.

It's been an enjoyable ride.

一百万年白日梦冰蚕(1,000,000 Years Daydream Ice Silkworm)
    四十万年冰玉皇帝蝎子(400,000 Years Ice Jade Emperor Scorpion Hyotei)
    七十万年冰天堂雪女雪雪皇帝(700,000 Years Ice Heavenly Snow Woman 'Snow Emperor' Xue Nu)

十万年八角神秘冰厂(100,000 Years Octagonal Mysterious Ice Plant)
    三十万年冰熊国王小白(300,000 Years Ice Bear King Xiao Bai)
    十万年海美人公主李雅(100,000 Years Sea Mermaid Princess Li Ya)
    七十万年恶魔皇帝(700,000 Years Evil Eye Tyrant Emperor)

Limit Individual, 'The strength to move unhindered throughout the world'

I think they're just giving it a good send off.

Give it 31 pages next week, and possibly 31 after that with a color page for it's ending.

It all lines up perfectly with the volume releases.

EDIT: I also find it very strange that they didn't announce a color page for next week.

That's weird.
    Last edited by Pat; 11-02-2016 at 03:46 AM.

Huh, I guess I should get caught up before then.

It's pretty crazy how Jump is losing its big series' one after the next. First Naruto and Bleach, now Toriko, and Gintama is on its way out too. Hopefully they'll get some good new stuff to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Huh, I guess I should get caught up before then.

It's pretty crazy how Jump is losing its big series' one after the next. First Naruto and Bleach, now Toriko, and Gintama is on its way out too. Hopefully they'll get some good new stuff to fill the void.
    It's pretty crazy to me as well I don't why they're killing off so many series that used to be big I mean there not One Piece/Naruto levels of big but they still did sold pretty decently.

Especially given how most of there new series aside from Boku no Hero are pretty much trash doesn't make much sense to kill off series that sell decently.

Just checked, Reborn and Beelzebub both never had 31-page chapters when they ended. They got normal length chapters (maybe 2 or 1 pages extra but nothing notable).
    "Everything with a form will one day break...True pain is not one that runs through the body...it's something that constricts the heart..." - IGO President Ichiryuu to Sunny.

Take notes, other fathers in Anime & Manga, that's how you raise a child. #Respect4DaMainMan #MVPIchiryuu

Haikyuu is better than boku no hero...

Now that I think about it, isn't this the first thing Toriko has gotten anything special from Jump in all of 2016?

Last time Toriko got a color spread and magazine cover was last year in May.

Yeah, if it isn't ending, then why would they give it special treatment like this after going for over a year without giving it anything at all?

Just makes no sense.

That's what I'm saying. I'm not going to get my hopes tho up by thinking this is the end of the gourmet world act, not Toriko.

I do think it's probably Toriko's end. I was hoping for something more than a color page. Reborn didn't get anything after/during it's ending, right? That was way more successful than Toriko as a manga too.

Reborn got a color page for it's final chapter.

Honestly, my prediction is that we're getting three more, because I find it super strange that it's not getting one for it's final chapter.

Has there ever been a single Jump series (long running) that didn't get one for it's final chapter?

Shima has done a whole ton for this magazine.

Remember when we thought Bleach was going to end on 685? but it was 686? I think this may be something like that.

RIP.

We going to axe Toriko section?

Don't think anyone's surprised tbh.

Yea but that was a chapter difference. What makes you think Toriko will have another 3 chapters again? Is it to fill the volume? If so, a volume can have 9 chapters, especially if they're 31 pages long for the final chapter.

Well, yeah. With three more chapters, Toriko volume 43 will have 9 chapters. Like I said, we're currently 6 in volume 43 (Assuming volume 42 will be 9) So, with three more, we'll have enough to fill a volume.