• 3/5

7 19.44%
  • 4/5

3 8.33%
  • 5/5

23 63.89%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    5/5

That was some powerful shit. I love how Luffy knows Sanji is lying no matter what he does or says. Luffy believed Robin was betraying them back in Water 7, but he's totally not buying Sanji's shit right now. It shows how the crew's bonds evolved since that time.

This chapter made me cry.

SANJI!!!!

I loved Luffy this chapter showing emotional maturity and understanding his crew mates.

Sanji needs to value his life more.

Chapter was great

Nice, Oda.

I'd give it like a 6.5/10. Nami was the highlight of the chapter, and that's saying something since I really dislike Nami most of the time

Guess I am the only one who hated this chapter.

"Cersei is as gentle as King Maegor, as selfless as Aegon the Unworthy, as wise as Mad Aerys. She never forgets a slight, real or imagined. She takes caution for cowardice and dissent for defiance. And she is greedy. Greedy for power, for honor, for love."

Great chapter. Emotion was very well-done and Luffy was greatly characterized.

I didn't hate it, but I disliked a lot of it. Forced drama, over the top emotions and Sanji Uchiha were probably my biggest complaints

The execution here was really fantastic but unfortunately there's still stupid floating in the air and ruining the atmosphere :/

I just don't think this situation works, no matter how well done, I just don't think it works. I simply can't get behind anything else than the SHs quickly colluding and scheming, or at least Sanji having a clear scheme, in this situation. It feels totally out of character for them to behave like this. I know Luffy never bought it but that just makes the whole thing even more weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a pretty good chapter, but the starving part felt unnecessary.
    If it was said by any other characters it would have been, but food plays a very big role towards both of these guys, and starvation is something Sanji suffered first hand and led to his growth as a cook. Luffy is a glutton who scarfs down anything, willing to starve on an island made of food as protest, and Sanji is someone who couldn't even stand to let the scummiest of pirates starve in his presence. It's a very fitting line because of how it connects to both of them.

Excellent chapter. Very well done.

Fantastic chapter. Luffy displaying his faith in Sanji was really great moment, its such a rare occurrence to see him say anything related to him being Pirate King other than "I'm gonna do it!" which (along with the hunger strike) really add some weight to his words.

The Indomitable Spirit The Shogun of Shoguns's Avatar
    How is Luffy just able to stand there on BM's island after he defeated Cracker?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    If it was said by any other characters it would have been, but food plays a very big role towards both of these guys, and starvation is something Sanji suffered first hand and led to his growth as a cook. Luffy is a glutton who scarfs down anything, willing to starve on an island made of food as protest, and Sanji is someone who couldn't even stand to let the scummiest of pirates starve in his presence. It's a very fitting line because of how it connects to both of them.
    To be fair you make a valid point but personally I feel the fact they both know he doesn't consent to the marriage undermines the effectiveness of luffy's plea.

I undestand the drama but there was way too much repitition in the chapter itself

We dont need 5 virtually identical panels of Sanji kicking Luffy, or 5 virtually itentical panels of Luffy standing back up

We dont need 5 virtually identical panels of Luffy screaming at Sanji, or 10 panels of Sanji sobbing from different angles

this could have all happened in half a chapter, and the other half we could have gotten other plot development IMO

From NF:

Quote Originally Posted by Furinji Saiga

Tears were shed.

People don't seem to understand, that when Sanji kicked Luffy, it wasn't him kicking luffy, it was his brothers and his father kicking HIM.

And that's why Luffy didn't fight back, because he felt Sanji's pain.

Look I don't want to turn this into a Zoro vs Sanji debate, cause obviously that's what people want it to degenerate into.

But I will say this; when Zoro met Luffy, he felt Luffy's presence. Luffy is Zoro's benchmark, but not only that.

When Zoro lost his childhood friend Kuina, he lost his benchmark, not only that, he was afraid of losing sight of a dream that was that much bigger than the both of them. So in a sense, when Kuina died, Zoro died as well. Or at least in a sense where his life was scattered in the wind. And if he didn't make it to greatest swordsman, it just proved that he couldn't get that far, which in a sense is really selfish, because his life doesn't matter much to him. His dream is more important than his own life.

Luffy on the other hand has a dream of being the person with the most freedom in the world. And even though he has shown that he doesn't fear death in and of itself, when it comes to his nakama he fears losing anyone of them. Not only that he has shown that he will go far beyond anything to save even people that he has just met for the first time.

When Zoro joined Luffy's crew, he had to make sure that whatever happened Luffy would stay true to his goal of becoming a pirate king and that he wouldn't lose track of the insurmountable mountain that he set out to climb. For the sake of his nakama, but ALSO (and this is true) for himself, to not lose track of his own goal.

Sanji is unlike both of them, where he never had a goal of becoming some 'the strongest guy' in anything. He just wanted to make sure that people would taste his cooking and be happy, and finding All Blue would be like finding the greatest treasure in the world where he can cook the most delicious ingredients for people. It's a very humble dream.

This is also reflected in their Colour of their respective Hakis.

Sanji is a sensitive guy, he has CoO, observation, he feels what others feels quite strongly.

Zoro has CoA, he's a tough guy.

People like to make jokes about it, but they don't understand that even though Sanji is experimented on, in fact he just wanted to be a normal guy that enjoys the small things.

Sanji has been self-sabotaging himself all this time, because he doesn't want to be 'strong', he wants to be 'weak'. Not because he likes being 'weak', but he understands the burden that comes with being 'strong'.

It's time that like Zoro and Luffy, he starts putting other people in front of him. And stop hiding behind 'serving' others with food that he's making time.

It's time that he sacrifices his hands, and say to himself;

"You can't lock me up in here, if you take away my hands, I'll learn to cook with my feet."

"and if you take away my feet, I will learn to cook with my mouth"

It's just that simple. Or not....