Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Logan

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerucho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Among Superhero movies overall? Best movie since the Dark Knight.

Marvel only? Since the first Avengers movie
    Quip after Quip after Quip. (I'm joking but that's basically what it was. good movie though, the avengers.)

GoTG or Winter Soldier bettered the marvel experience more in my opinion. the first one works as its own thing, while avengers was a pay off for series of movies. winter soldier was a captain america sequel done correctly. it didn't try to emulate what made the first movie work much, focusing on different scenario.

Thanks to Cake~

Really, really good movie. Very story heavy.

I really enjoyed the comic idea they threw into there.

It was something that worked enough my girlfriend used it to explain Wolverine's history in the end.

And the ending was a real tearjerker.

I'm still surprised they made everything so grim though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    And the ending was a real tearjerker.

I'm still surprised they made everything so grim though.
    I'm glad they did. It really fit in with the feel the character should've always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    I'm glad they did. It really fit in with the feel the character should've always been.
    Do you think it would have been better as a sort of oneshot?

No it had to had this baggage of previous movies to make an impact like this.

Best part for me apart from the fight scenes was laura speaking for the first time and logan getting pissed off immediately.

The fights were sparse but well made. That seizure scene, oh man.

Thanks to Cake~

Do you think it would have been better as a sort of oneshot?
    Yes and no.

I think the more or less friendly nature of the previous movies helped to color this one in some ways, but they didn't assist this movie as much as they could have given the tremendous tonal difference that didn't add too much context. If they spent a little bit more time showing how Logan got to this state of being, then it would've been better. This movie would've been the perfect end to a downward spiral of films. In that regard, it really didn't need the previous films so long as you knew the basis of Wolverine as a character.

That said, and I think I've mentioned it before, I love the comic idea they threw in there which wasn't mentioned before.

@Makenzye;

I'm thinking something else caused Logan's healing to dampen and that is what allowed the adamantium to poison him. Is that correct?

@Makenzye;

I'm thinking something else caused Logan's healing to dampen and that is what allowed the adamantium to poison him. Is that correct?
    In the pages adamantium and carbonadium both heavily dampen healing factors and poison/kill regular humans.

Honestly I didnt like Logan that much, I thought the random plot of having some girl made from Logans DNA be the cause that inevitably kills him off against some random guy who kinda looks like him, much less a history with Logan (aside from killing the professor), was as underwhelming as can be. I didnt even really understand why the logan lookalike killed him in the first place, he was confined to his bed and if he was wanted to go full aggro against the xmen I dont see why he wouldnt attack Logan if he attacked the professor.

so what killed him? the adamentium or that green chemical thing?

The adamantium was slowly killing him with the way left it untreated, the chemical just accelerated Logan on his path to destruction

so he if took small doses of that chemical he would've healed?
    Last edited by Az; 03-28-2017 at 10:41 PM.

You mean the drug he took in the woods? I was under the impression that was a berserker like substance, hed regain a lot of his vitality at the price that he becomes extremely run down once it wears off

I don't think the serum wore him off, it just reverted him to his normal old state.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    In the pages adamantium and carbonadium both heavily dampen healing factors and poison/kill regular humans.
    I thought that was just because it takes up energy. Like his healing factor has a limited about of vitality and it's slowed down in the sense that a part of its energy is used countering the adamantium poisoning.

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    You mean the drug he took in the woods? I was under the impression that was a berserker like substance, hed regain a lot of his vitality at the price that he becomes extremely run down once it wears off
    didnt he took the chemical all at once? which laura told him to take small portion a day. wasnt she trying to save him from the poison that was killing him?

idk man who even knows what was happening, it was a bad film

I don't think the serum wore him off, it just reverted him to his normal old state.

I thought that was just because it takes up energy. Like his healing factor has a limited about of vitality and it's slowed down in the sense that a part of its energy is used countering the adamantium poisoning.

Is that correct?
    Sorta. His healing begins to decline with age like normal people's. So his healing just couldn't keep up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
    didnt he took the chemical all at once? which laura told him to take small portion a day. wasnt she trying to save him from the poison that was killing him?
    I think it was meant to temporarily boost his mutant powers and sort of stave off the end like a chronic illness might be treated. I imagine taking it all at once probably would've just really screwed anybody up. Hard. And as we saw, Logan died after since his body was thoroughly exhausted and his healing shut down.