Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

looks really good i like the thing i want to know is how well it will run breath of the wild and if squar is 3rd party supporter then ff7 remake? cloud is in smash now 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nerd

Carving a niche is what makes Nintendo competitive. I'm the consumer who's almost always going to choose PC over a new Xbox or Playstation system. But I can't take my rig on the toilet or in bed.

Can you imagine if Nintendo ended their DS line and developed previously portable games for this?

If we get a full fledged pokemon game on this shit I'm 1000% sold
    TPCI has long stated support for the Switch.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/pokemon-...tem-1474371834

And there's obviously gonna be MH on the big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    looks really good i like the thing i want to know is how well it will run breath of the wild and if squar is 3rd party supporter then ff7 remake? cloud is in smash now 2
    I think we can expect it, SE probably knew about it way before too.

o yeah i know also if anyone want's to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdD7fD-buVc it's got some details

so far game's look good look like there running fine give smoth 60 frames and im happy

Lmao, it's literally a console marketed towards millennials and nu-males.

Battery life said to be 3 hours by numerous sources.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo Switch? More like Nintendo Shit.

Another underpowered gimmicky bullshit, while xbox and ps4pro gets 4k gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    Battery life said to be 3 hours by numerous sources.
    this is going to be a trainwreck

1 it's not confirmed and tell me how long can the xbox and ps4 last on the go?

and so what 4k? that thing that mean's absolutely nothing to how good the game's them self are?

3 hours is not even that bad when you take into account that you get to play console level game's on the go and really where are you going that you will need longer then 3 hours besides a plain ride in witch you most likely bring other things to keep you entertained.

it runs on a mobile processor architecture (tegra, competitor to the snapdragon CPUs most of you guys should be familiar with) and has 3 hours battery life.

It's weaker than the PS4 or Xone because of hardware limitations already.

*claps*

Nintendos hardware market is dead, this is bad attempt to do both and does neither great.

It would be kind of weird to see someone walking around with a handheld with the same power as a ps4 I think. I believe it's still stronger than the Wii U and it allows engines that allow for most important 3rd party support, so im good.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Yeah let's be honest here.

Who wants to play console titles on the go?
    Might as well bring my laptop with me than a cloggy thing people are going to look at me funny for.

Nintendos insistence or rather reliance on gimmicks nobody wanted to compensate for hardware expenses is ruining them.
    Their one and only saving grave is a their exclusive titles and god knows how long those are gonna carry them after the disaster the Wii U has been sales wise.

Nintendos gimmicks have ran their course. It will sell well initially as all new consoles do but will wane much like its predecessors the gamecube and wii-u.

i don't believe it needs to be as strong as the xbox one or ps4 i do admit the handheld part is a bit weird but there still trying to to work with the casual market 2 witch is fine i mean the wii did the same thing and that did amazing.

we don't know the exact specs but tbh as long as it's only a bit weaker then the xbox one it will be fine the fact that this day and age everything is getting killed by the pc anyways in terms of the hardcore market you need strong 1st party support to stay alive we all know Nintendo has the strongest 1st part support there is.

Game's like smash do really well as it's one of the biggest e sports there is smashing ( no pun intended )call of duty halo gears overwatch the only things it does not beat are lol and CS and even then there close to CS. There not making the same mistake they did with the Wii U and having zero of there well established brands at launch this time we have LoZ Botw the most successful game at E3 by far as well as ports of Splatoon and Mario kart 8 and the chance of a hole new Mario game as well.

overall as long as it's good enough to run Breath of the Wild at a steady 60 frames then it does not really need to be any stronger then that.

The gap between the strongest tegra cpu and whats currently in the vanilla ps4 and xone is ridiculous.

and that tegra is expensive ($160) alone.

So all the more reason for not trying to com peat for specs cause PC will win every time so instead there trying to focus on lowering the price point and making sure it can at lest get there biggest game (botw) at a steady frame rate at all times and they have honestly done there job

Nintendo faces the competition between Sony and Microsoft using gimmicks, so I don't see how it's that bad. I'm welcoming the third party support, and it seems like this console could actually turn everything around.

I can't believe people shit on the 3 hours meme

Almost every mobile phone these days have an average of 3 hours

Though I agree that 3 hours is the minimum battery life requirement

I'm sure that "our battery is shit, but so is the battery on smartphones!" is a convincing sales pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    I'm sure that "our battery is shit, but so is the battery on smartphones!" is a convincing sales pitch.
    Because when you market something, you immediately compare it to other products with similar characteristics and say they're all shit.

We don't even know if it's real too.

The idea itself looks like it might have potiental, but I haven't taken a look at the specs yet.

The thing I'm most excited about is opening up 3rd party support. Nintendo's exclusives have always been what made it what it is, but I've always felt they sometimes took that a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    The idea itself looks like it might have potiental, but I haven't taken a look at the specs yet.

The thing I'm most excited about is opening up 3rd party support. Nintendo's exclusives have always been what made it what it is, but I've always felt they sometimes took that a bit too far.

720p on the handheld with touch screen functionality apparently. Don't really care much about specs myself.

Nintendo Switch Livestream Presentation 2017 in less than 4 hours.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!