7 41.18%
  • 9/10

6 35.29%
  • 10/10

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kingdom Chapter 493 Discussion Thread

uehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

not sure what to say about the chapter lol. not that amazing, but it does have some moments which are quite okay. but seriously... HSU should make that archer cavalry unit and make it their signature unit instead.

kinda agree with comments about HSU being inspiring for normal peasant. but straight as arrows should mean "dumb" lol. anyway, how many of 10 bows are still alive now?

What a nice surprise!

So did Hakurei make stuff up about being number three (ch. 254) or did he kinda got there by the Wei guy retiring? Toujou became King of Zhao in 245 B.C., right now we are around 8-10 years after that? Young Hakurei was quite the shot *bad pun*

Also kinda lame that a tournament of hitting targets determined them. I am really surprised because Kyouen never struck me as a guy caring about some tournament hitting targets . Going by the officers they killed seems more like it, then again, Hakurei being number three...

Yet I must say I liked the father-background story and the young archer's reaction, so solid chapter.

EDIT:
    @gn_x00;

The list goes as:
    1. Bashuri (Wei) - retired
    2. Senshubi (Yan)
    3. Seikaun (Zhao)
    4. Hakurei (Chu) - apparently
    (5.) Kyouen (Renpa) - fifth at least through death of the others

deceased: Kourigen (Wei), Gika (Zhao), Sougen (Qin), Duke Haku (Wei), Kinrei (?)
    I'm not sure about Kinrei, but he won yet is no more one of the top three.
    Last edited by say-and-sing; 10-16-2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: corrected the list

oh yeah... clearly Riboku will get another new vassal which is Seikaun

This listing makes me crazy
    So I read it now that Kinrei has died in the meantime.

I guess both GHM and Riboku got some sweet new toys.
    Last edited by say-and-sing; 10-16-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Well Kinrei most likely isn't the first anymore considering they brought up people better than him in this very chapter
    Wonder how Hara will include these archers in the Hi Shin Unit

They get their deadly duels against the other bows. Though getting two like that seems kinda overkill.
    "Look, there are Kisui and Riboku, up on that hill!"
    *plfup*
    *plfup*
    "Ah, never mind."

I fear that Hara is gonna counter this with more and more deputies...
    And I guess one of the brothers dies to the Wei top one and the othert gets his revenge.

Would be cool if the bigger brother put the arrows in beforehand, counting on the wandering sun and them keeping the HSU distracted with stories to get their ticket in. And the little one just spouting crap.

EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE! Ten explains the story about the "God of Bow" Is it Ten naming the other two bows or the young archer?
    Last edited by say-and-sing; 10-16-2016 at 01:21 PM.

These last two chapters have been really slow paced, but I guess it's necessary.

Despite the slow pace, I really liked this chapter. Good to see that Shin is building a good reputation for itself.

This is one of the fruits of always doing what you feel is right, people will be attracted to you because you have a strong moral compass.

2 chapters in so little time, yippie !

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EDIT: WAIT A MINUTE! Ten explains the story about the "God of Bow" Is it Ten naming the other two bows or the young archer?
    she's talking about the retired guy, aren't she?

anyway, they screamed like Bihei and Bitou. seems like one will die (and from the art, the bigger one will....)

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    she's talking about the retired guy, aren't she?

It's Ten, looking at the eye-edges. So Ten knows about Bashuri, Senshubi, Seikaun (perhaps because of achievemtns) but not Qin's Sougen.

Huh, make of that what you want.

yep... dunno if i should call it inconsistent

but you can still make sense of it because the fact that Sougen died pretty early though

Nice to see more ten bows.Can't wait to see that Wei guy who is the best among them.
    Favourite OP charcters: Dragon,Benn,Croc,Kuma,Aokiji,Fuji,Zoro,Kid,X Drake,Hawkins,Sanji,Daz Bones,Van Augur

Favourite Kingdom characters: Ouki,Moubu,Mouten,Duke Hyou,Kanki,Kyoukai,Renpa,Riboku,Houken,Karin,Ousen

Favourite One Punch man characters: Saitama,King,Metal Bat,Garou,Silver Fang,Zombieman,Watchdog Man,Atomic Samurai,Homeless Emperor

Favorite Beserk characters:Zodd,Void,Skull Knight,Guts,Grunbeld,Raksas,Locus,Irvine,Mozgus, Griffith/Femto,Ganishka

Other manga/anime favourite characters: Lupin 3rd,Daisuke Jigen,Goemon Ishikawa XIII,Kakashi Hatake,Shikamaru Nara,Jiraiya,Kenpachi Zaraki,Shunsui Kyoraku,Goku,Tien Shinhan,Alucard,Zi Yu,SiWang YenShen,Xuan Feng,Tian Kui,Zhen Chan.

Loved it. We got a lot of info on the Ten Bows and the HSU is stronger than ever.

The confusion about last chapter makes more sense now. I thought the 10 bows were the 10 most accomplished archers, or something like that. But apparently it's just a contest? Interesting though.

I don't mind the slow paced chapters at all tbh, I rather enjoy them after so many crazy ones.

I couldn't even read shit with this terrible art. Someone teach this fucker how to draw
    stop harrassing frogs and exposing them on the internet

Called it yesterday.

Might be that being a Ten Bow of China means that you're an archer with extraordinary skill, and that this title was first brought up because sometime in China's history there were 10 men with comparable archery skill from different states that made names for themselves, and anyone else who had comparable skill after those 10 men were dubbed Ten Bows.
    Bolded was the only thing I got wrong.

I know it's low hanging fruit but whatever.

Ten bows info

Didn't really care about the rest of the chapter

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    What a nice surprise!

So did Hakurei make stuff up about being number three (ch. 254) or did he kinda got there by the Wei guy retiring? Toujou became King of Zhao in 245 B.C., right now we are around 8-10 years after that? Young Hakurei was quite the shot *bad pun*
    Well, the other guy is retired so Hakurei officially the third in name.

He'll come out of retirement, I just know it, GHM will be the Liu Bei to his Zhuge Liang

i can already see GHM use ryuundou (or whatever the spelling) with a tower and that God bow (or something) shooting from the top of it to kill off commanders

and HSU's archer unit duel while charging through ryundou