Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If you think clauses are tedious, you should go reread how strats were in the first game.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is essentially what you're proposing to reinstall.

personally, it's a problem about losing interest on the game because it's too long/some work in RL/etc

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People actually voted in the second edition. And the strat system was very similar to the current one.

Can you figure why?
    People also lacked enthusiasm in the auctions for this one too, it was pretty much a downward slope from the first game on both sides. I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions sure, but it's undeniable that enthusiasm has dropped.

I personally blame the lack of Crispy corners

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post

Do you guys like the idea of multiple wars going at once?
    depends on how you execute it, will it be a turn based thing where player one can do something then player two can do something next etc. leading to multiple fronts or will it be real time where we can converse in QT or PMs and wage wars/cement alliances?

How about potential perma death for characters or characters defecting?
    Thing is, people aren't going to like how their generals are going to be killed off by democratic vote, I prefer a contract system to tie in with the money stat.

Not sure how I would do the kingdom stats thing. We could just rate a kingdom by power I guess and make everyone start off with 50 instead of
    Prestige: 10
    Soldiers: 10
    Wealth: 10
    Territory: 10
    I'm not sure I like this stats thing, it's going to be too complicated. I'd say just keep it to money and manpower/soldiers stats.
    The Gift of Jericho, Drink it in maaaaaannnnnn!!!!

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    People also lacked enthusiasm in the auctions for this one too, it was pretty much a downward slope from the first game on both sides. I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions sure, but it's undeniable that enthusiasm has dropped.

depends on how you execute it, will it be a turn based thing where player one can do something then player two can do something next etc. leading to multiple fronts or will it be real time where we can converse in QT or PMs and wage wars/cement alliances?

Thing is, people aren't going to like how their generals are going to be killed off by democratic vote, I prefer a contract system to tie in with the money stat.

I'm not sure I like this stats thing, it's going to be too complicated. I'd say just keep it to money and manpower/soldiers stats.
    Not sure how the auctions could be changed to make it simpler or easier.

Yea I think generals dying would be too controversial but what about possible defection?

I was just thinking about using hte multiple fronts thing to have two separate matches per state where you have to divide the generals. The things you said could work too but might be complex.

Exactly.

Believe it or not, but putting both strategies into graphics was determinant. But it's also a lot of effort if it's one person's work, we need to come up with a more natural way to get a similar result.

Not sure how the auctions could be changed to make it simpler or easier.

Yea I think generals dying would be too controversial but what about possible defection?

I was just thinking about using hte multiple fronts thing to have two separate matches per state where you have to divide the generals. The things you said could work too but might be complex.
    they're rather fine as is, just some minor tweaks and we're good to go.

That's where the contracts come in, if you can't afford to pay the general for the next whatever battles, he can defect to whatever state that can pay him. Also, at any time, you can straight buyout a general for x amount of money, say like 150% of their salary.

Thing is, we'd have to have diligent and dedicated players either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Exactly.

Believe it or not, but putting both strategies into graphics was determinant. But it's also a lot of effort if it's one person's work, we need to come up with a more natural way to get a similar result.
    We need to establish a master map or something that easily editable for people.

@Crispinianus; @felixng2015;

How about this: everyone starts off with 100 points wealth and 1 unit of land. Wealth is for securing contracts with generals, we set a rate for generals to stay on said contract (like top tiers would only stay with you for 2-3 battles for the amount of wealth points you initially used on them, and you have to pay them like, 50% of their original contract as an extension or match what other players offer them, high tiers stay longer but follow the same system vice versa). Land is for generating wealth, like your initial unit of land would yield you a certain amount of wealth each round in form of taxes, the more land you have, the more taxes you can collect. They also give you a boost in the amount of soldiers you can use in your army, for example Sanyou gives 10 wealth every round and provides an extra 10k boost to your army. You can send these men to other lands you have to defend to attack and also lose them if you lose Sanyou to an enemy. As you get more land by winning battles, you can station certain generals to the land to protect it, like I assign Ousen to Sanyou and Renpa to Choyou. Crispy attacks Choyou and he'd only have to face Renpa plus the amount of men/officers I put there.

For the map, I say we make an original map with randomized amounts of taxes and men that can be received each round for strategic purposes. It'd be like a game board and to occupy neutral land, it has to be adjacent to and you already own and once you occupy it, you have to set at least 1000 men there to claim it. We could also include special abilities like rebellion (random chance for your opponent to lose land before you attack them or it just lowers the tax value and manpower of that land) or harvest (opposite of rebellion.

For our overall army, let's just say we get "free men" to replace casualties every round, because you can't determine how many men are lost in a battle and we are stubborn as fuck.

Thoughts?

@Void;

Thats interesting. So all generals can be snatched away by the allure of wealth? I am a bit iffy on that.

Does this mean no auction system? I guess we can organize generals based on tiers and have a salary based on that?

The other ideas sound good besides maybe the random events. The problem is deciding the territories. Also only 1 territory per state seems little. So that means there are only 7 up for grabs in total or just some are unclaimed?

@Void;

Thats interesting. So all generals can be snatched away by the allure of wealth? I am a bit iffy on that.

Does this mean no auction system? I guess we can organize generals based on tiers and have a salary based on that?

The other ideas sound good besides maybe the random events. The problem is deciding the territories. Also only 1 territory per state seems little. So that means there are only 7 up for grabs in total or just some are unclaimed?
    Yeah, that's the only way we'd be able to handle defections. We could work surrenders into this somehow.

We start off with 30 or so (balanced with tiers) in the initial auction, then random guys pop up every round or so that you can try to snatch up, like after round one of battles are done "A wild Moubu appeared in China!"

No, we don't go for Kingdom's canon states, we split the original made map into 50 or so plots of land to war over. Like my previous idea, you can choose a state you'd like to represent in the game and it would change how your basics soldiers operate (Wei's serious natured soldiers versus Qin's emotional soldiers)

@felixng2015; you wanna run a minigame with some ideas to test them first?

^
    every general should have a note about their possible betrayal with money
    defect with money : easy, normal, hard
    oh... the host should also add a note to the owner that the enemy is trying to bribe X guy (just like you have an informant/spy), but don't say the money. should be like the blind auction

or the owner can just execute him :V
    chance to bribe the enemy should at least use 25% or 50% of the money you want to use even if its failed for balancing purposes

So if a general's contract is 10 points, easy means they'll defect for 12 points, medium 15 points, and hard is 20 points?

@felixng2015; you wanna run a minigame with some ideas to test them first?
    I think it would be best if we tested it first but right now I am pretty busy and not sure how were doing it

I think it would be best if we tested it first but right now I am pretty busy and not sure how were doing it
    still busy? If you or Crispy can't, I can host a mini game where we try out our new ideas ._.

still busy? If you or Crispy can't, I can host a mini game where we try out our new ideas ._.
    I most likely cant but i can participate

Okay, cool

@Crispinianus; free to play or host?._.

I guess I can play.

You're ok hosting?

@Nordlending; @Aliasniamor; you guys up to play?

Knight of Elegance Big Daddy Alias's Avatar
    @Void; I'm quite busy sorry I'll finish the AG properly and it will already take half my free time

I'll follow how this one goes though

Hopefully you can have enough time to read and vote