Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Should check it out sooner than that.

The Man in Black does an excellent job of adding intensity to his scenes. Every scene.

Got a lot to do today and will watch Dr. Strange, so probably won't have the time. But tomorrow for sure unless World War III breaks out.

damn, things are about to go crazy in the park...

I'm guessing Maeve will probably lead the Hosts whenever they revolut in upcoming episodes considering she bumped all her stats (in particular her processing power) to the max

Got to see a preview of this and it looked good. Is it as good as Game of Thrones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    damn, things are about to go crazy in the park...

I'm guessing Maeve will probably lead the Hosts whenever they revolut in upcoming episodes considering she bumped all her stats (in particular her processing power) to the max
    I was wondering if the techs were going to reduce her power. But it might not matter since someone else is manipulating her as well.

And it looks like your future theory might be back in play since the older robotic models are still in huge quantity and apparently look no different than the newer models despite what we were told and sort of what we saw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    Got to see a preview of this and it looked good. Is it as good as Game of Thrones?
    It's great. You should most definitely check it out.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/0MJUS

So what do you guys think? I've seen theories about Bernard being a host and even some about him being a copy of Arnold.

Just wanted to start off by saying this show has one of the best openings I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    I was wondering if the techs were going to reduce her power. But it might not matter since someone else is manipulating her as well.

And it looks like your future theory might be back in play since the older robotic models are still in huge quantity and apparently look no different than the newer models despite what we were told and sort of what we saw.
    yeah I wondered that too, somehow Arnold or whoever it is is able to hide these modifications from techs, so I guess Lutz and that other dude from livestock management are safe for now

I found it interesting that only Ford knew those older models were still in the park and is the only one able to control them, if we see the new Hosts turn on Ford by the end of this season it'd be great to see a scene with older models fight tooth and nail to protect Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    http://m.imgur.com/gallery/0MJUS

So what do you guys think? I've seen theories about Bernard being a host and even some about him being a copy of Arnold.
    some of the staff in the security room/briefing room act a bit strange, robot-like, I can see the park making use of hosts in the staff to maybe cut on expanses

one thing that might be worth mentioning is that despite how long Bernard's been working with Ford, and considering his hierarchy in the company, that he never heard about Arnold (Ford's previous partner) until he was told about him in episode 5, it might be a stretch but there's a probability that he was programmed to overlook that information until Ford deemed it necessary

especially now since Arnold (or whatever is left of his consciousness) has been tampering with the Hosts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Just wanted to start off by saying this show has one of the best openings I've seen
    yeah this is one of the few instances where I don't mind sitting through an opening title

hopefully they release the official soundtrack soon because there are some nice scores in this

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    some of the staff in the security room/briefing room act a bit strange, robot-like, I can see the park making use of hosts in the staff to maybe cut on expanses

one thing that might be worth mentioning is that despite how long Bernard's been working with Ford, and considering his hierarchy in the company, that he never heard about Arnold (Ford's previous partner) until he was told about him in episode 5, it might be a stretch but there's a probability that he was programmed to overlook that information until Ford deemed it necessary

especially now since Arnold (or whatever is left of his consciousness) has been tampering with the Hosts
    Agreed and it would be a real shocker when we find out. Can you imagine Bernard being a host?

Yeah, that was strange. There was even the tidbit about him being there forever. If he's not a host, I think at least we're being led to consider it a possibility. About the Arnold thing though, I wonder why Ford even gave Benard that picture?

Do you think we're seeing things from two timeframes?

Agreed and it would be a real shocker when we find out. Can you imagine Bernard being a host?

Yeah, that was strange. There was even the tidbit about him being there forever. If he's not a host, I think at least we're being led to consider it a possibility. About the Arnold thing though, I wonder why Ford even gave Benard that picture?
    about that, yesterday I watched a review in which someone pointed out something very interesting that most of us overlooked

if you look at the picture of Arnold that Ford gave Bernard, he looks exactly the same as the Host that strangled Bernard in the latest episode (same attire too)

and when Bernard walks into the room he says: ''Arnold....?''

I think the emphasis on the picture might have been more for us, to clue us in on Arnold's true identity

Ford's father perhaps? tum-dum-dum-dum!!

Do you think we're seeing things from two timeframes?
    yeah that's popular belief right now, we've seen a couple of things that seems to indicate that the show simultaneously takes place in two different timelines

However, the show is clever enough to suggest we're not at the same time.

yeah it's brainy that way, always makes you question what you perceive

oh my god, the ending of this episode

Holy. Shit.

the beauty of this week's reveal is that even though we theorized that Bernard might be a Host, the delivery was very much a shocker

Ford is so cold, making Bernard kill the woman he loved in such a brutal way, Hopkins definitely brought his inner Hannibal Lecter out this episode

tbf I felt bad for Bernard, dude was convinced he was human

so many take aways from this ep

Yeah, it was extremely well done. Ford really is a lunatic.

I wonder what happened to Elsie though. I don't think she was killed.

yeah I don't think so either, wouldn't feel right it they offscreened such a cool character

can't wait to see what happens with her

You think Arnold is alive in the flesh?

You think Arnold is alive in the flesh?
    there's a chance he transfered his consciousness to a Host, so in that sense he might still be alive in the flesh so to speak, but as far as his actual body it probably decayed a long time ago if we take into account how old he looks next to Ford in that picture they took 30+ years ago

also, I'm curious to see how far Maeve makes it on her quest to exit the park, she kinda got her own thing going on

I doubt the man in the picture is Arnold. Seems like he really was Ford's father (or the real Ford's father, if this one is a host).

I think what's likelier is that Bernard is a host version of Arnold and that Arnold was in the picture, but Bernard couldn't see him due to his programming.

I also think the scenes where Bernard is talking to Delores (where she has clothes on) is actually Arnold. Probably scenes from the past.