Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Anthony Hopkins is in this?

Bad times don't last, but bad guys do

Yeah. He's pretty good in it, too. Can't quite peg him down for motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only problem with the future Billy idea is we've seen the control room deal with the Gunman, and it's the same crew we've seen dealing with the acting out of the robots during current Billy's stay. I would say that Delores also remembering the Man in Black was the same Delores since she ran into the current Billy while still carrying the gun.
    Willaim you mean, for some reason I've seen two or three people refer to him as ''Billy'' in reviews so far even though he's not referenced as such on the show, or in on IMDB listings

I went back to give another look to some scenes in previous eps, I think they might be trying to throw us of since every time Dolores heard the voice telling her to ''remember'' the followup scene is always Will, it's possible that flashes of the man in black she had while being assaulted by a host is her current memories overlapping with her previous build, similar to what Abenarthy (her father) had when being examined by Ford

there's also the fact that Will and Logan haven't had any interaction with some of the more important hosts within Westworld, and we know for a fact that new robots and storylines have been created over the past 30 years

I mean the theory itself might be wrong, but at the very least I think there's more to Will's storyline than meets the eye

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    going to start this today
    welcome aboard :cormag

and yeah, as Mak said Hopkins does amazing job here, as always

he killed it in the last ep especially, you'll see what I'm talking about

I think his friend called him Billy a couple times. I may be remembering wrong. Still easier to type than William so I'm going to keep it for now. lol

If you guys haven't watched the most recent episode: STOP NOW.

So there's a bit more strength and hurt to the future William gunslinger timeline. There's some credence to the idea with the host the man in black was dragging around with him and just killed being the same host (or maybe just model despite the fact we haven't seen any repeating hosts yet) interacting with Billy and Delores at the border running what looks to be an odd Romanworld orgy house in the middle of Westworld. Since we've never seen any repeating hosts, it definitely points to the idea that we're looking at two different periods of time. It's not that there couldn't be "twins," and could be a red herring to have us believing more in this timeline. But there is one small problem. The "past Billy" is visiting Westworld for the first time and all the hosts are identical in construction and behavior to "now Billy's" time, but Now Billy made a comment about how when he first started coming the hosts were built differently and only became what he's seen only after he started coming.

So assuming that the park was able to get under control and properly reboot Delores and all that stuff, I think if there is a character we've seen who becomes the Man in Black it isn't Billy but Logan his brother in law.

This would fit in with his history of the host (he already knew him by the time he was showing Past Billy around) and claimed a long history with him that always brought them together. He actively enjoys the game and the challenge while trying to start conflict when he isn't trying to just screw the hosts. If Delores was properly rebooted it would explain the lack of knowledge, but perhaps Logan with all his disdain for his BIL sought out and repeatedly violated the one host Past Billy enjoyed or "loved" (sure seems like it's going that direction). He also seemed to enjoy the more violent aspects of the storylines and enjoys the "villain" part, which the Man in Black admitted to personally giving to the park.

What say you, @W e a l t h;?

Also, that Hopkins/Harris scene at the bar was a brilliant chilling scene. I absolutely love how things stop and start for Hopkins as he enters and leaves places. Where the heck did the piano host go to?

So there's a bit more strength and hurt to the future William gunslinger timeline. There's some credence to the idea with the host the man in black was dragging around with him and just killed being the same host (or maybe just model despite the fact we haven't seen any repeating hosts yet) interacting with Billy and Delores at the border running what looks to be an odd Romanworld orgy house in the middle of Westworld. Since we've never seen any repeating hosts, it definitely points to the idea that we're looking at two different periods of time. It's not that there couldn't be "twins," and could be a red herring to have us believing more in this timeline. But there is one small problem. The "past Billy" is visiting Westworld for the first time and all the hosts are identical in construction and behavior to "now Billy's" time, but Now Billy made a comment about how when he first started coming the hosts were built differently and only became what he's seen only after he started coming.

So assuming that the park was able to get under control and properly reboot Delores and all that stuff, I think if there is a character we've seen who becomes the Man in Black it isn't Billy but Logan his brother in law.

This would fit in with his history of the host (he already knew him by the time he was showing Past Billy around) and claimed a long history with him that always brought them together. He actively enjoys the game and the challenge while trying to start conflict when he isn't trying to just screw the hosts. If Delores was properly rebooted it would explain the lack of knowledge, but perhaps Logan with all his disdain for his BIL sought out and repeatedly violated the one host Past Billy enjoyed or "loved" (sure seems like it's going that direction). He also seemed to enjoy the more violent aspects of the storylines and enjoys the "villain" part, which the Man in Black admitted to personally giving to the park.

What say you, @W e a l t h;?
    Logan uh? I mean that's plausible when you factor in his level of apathy towards the hosts and how much he enjoys the park

I'd say the biggest chink in that is we heard the man in black (will shorten it to TMIB for convenience) go as far as to call Lawrence (aka Lazo) a friend when the latter asked him if he had any idea who he was, followed that up by listing a couple of habits and quirks Lazo had that only someone who spent a significant amount of time with him would know, thus far making him the only person TMIB showed genuine warmth to

at the end of the episode we see a teamup between Dolores, Will and Lazo as they make their way to solve the maze and it appears as though Lazo had that ambition way beforehand, which would explain why TMIB couldn’t hide his frustration back in episode 2 when Lazo kept reiterating that he didn’t know what the maze was, because he knew for a fact that Lazo was lying

this roadtrip gives Will and Lazo proper time to bond for Will to consider him a friend, I do like the Logan angle though, it's a nice spin on the theory

Also, that Hopkins/Harris scene at the bar was a brilliant chilling scene. I absolutely love how things stop and start for Hopkins as he enters and leaves places. Where the heck did the piano host go to?
    oh man, it was so great to see these two titans finally cross paths

I'm glad none of them lost face in that encounter

the Maeve subplot (that mulato girl from the whorehouse) also made a huge leap this episode, which route do you see them go with it?
    Last edited by Ozymandias; 11-01-2016 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by W e a l t h View Post
    Logan uh? I mean that's plausible when you factor in his level of apathy towards the hosts and how much he enjoys the park

I'd say the biggest chink in that is we heard the man in black (will shorten it to TMIB for convenience) go as far as to call Lawrence (aka Lazo) a friend when the latter asked him if he had any idea who he was, followed that up by listing a couple of habits and quirks Lazo had that only someone who spent a significant amount of time with him would know, thus far being the only person TMIB showed any kind of warmth to

at the end of the episode we see a teamup between Dolores, Will and Lazo as they make their way to solve the maze and it appears as though Lazo had that ambition way beforehand, which would explain why TMIB couldn’t hide his frustration back in episode 2 when Lazo kept reiterating that he didn’t know what the maze was, because he knew for a fact that Lazo was lying

this roadtrip gives Will and Lazo proper time to bond for Will to consider him a friend, I do like the Logan angle though, it's a nice spin on the theory

oh man, it was so great to see these two titans finally cross paths

I'm glad none of them lost face in that encounter

the Maeve subplot (that mulato girl from the whorehouse) also made a huge leap this episode, which route do see them go with it?
    I'm thinking Logan was trying to lead them to Lazo knowing he had some of the best parties in Westworld. So Logan already knows him and Billy is about to get to know him really well, though it remains to be seen if he views Lazo as a friend. But since TMIB was there for a more primitive phase of Westworld, Billy fits a bit looser since he's seeing a fairly sophisticated version of it that seems on par with TMIB's Westworld. Logan would fit better as he's been going there for a long time and has some vested finances in the company. Which may also give him similar admitting privileges TMIB has.

The biggest piece of confusion is how often have the park owners questioned Delores, how much they know, and what they did to "reset" her. She's exhibiting tremendously disturbing behavior during Billy's visit the park owners seem to not have any clue about in TMIB's visit, though TMIB should know quite a bit about their awareness. He should also know some about this maze if Billy of the "past" accompanies Delores on her path to the maze. The higher ups have clearly been talking to her in the past and there seems to have been a large amount of concern with Billy's visit to Westworld. Granted, he may only follow her partially there and so he only knows about the maze but not anything about where and how it's done, though I think that would be a pretty weird storyline as Billy has nothing much else to do but accompany Delores and Logan at this point. If she went completely bonkers during Billy's time and they simply reset her and put her back to the park, they would be watching her like a hawk for exhibiting any sort of similar behavior (like shooting) during the TMIB's visit if he were really in the future.

THOUGH MAYBE

The maze is a pre-built reset method for the park. I highly doubt this idea, but here goes. Ford and the other programmer's characters may be "in the know" and the maze is made for any hosts who go "rogue" and seek freedom through the maze. So when a host does achieve near sentience it moves toward the maze and upon completing it, the entire park's programming might have some sort of hard reboot. Sort of a way to not reduce their programming and keep things good for the guests but also self ensure the hosts never leave Westworld since it catches them in their development stages. That might explain TMIB, if Billy, seems so exasperated about Delores not remembering him and he seeks the maze to stop it, or give it something "real" and a sense of "finality" that he mentioned the park lacks. It would also fit how Delores is the oldest of the Hosts and may be the first to complete the maze. Like I said, I'm really reaching there but I sort of hope the maze isn't just a super advanced Turing Test. Especially since Ford talked about how years ago the Turing Test was bested by older Hosts.

I think Maeve is gonna try to use her pre-programmed feminine wiles and try to better understand the world and eventually try to get out or start a revolution or something. I think she wants her own programming changed, which is why she made herself present for the guy who's going about programming birds. She's aware she's an automaton of some sort.

All I know is this show definitely has more intrigue for me than GoT or TWD does. Big time. Loving this show.

So I heard this was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    So I heard this was good.
    the grapevine informed you correctly

it's the kind of show that gives food for thought, whenever a piece of the puzzle is unveiled it opens up new questions and possibilities to consider and discuss, the writing's quality makes this show really fun to analyze

I'm thinking Logan was trying to lead them to Lazo knowing he had some of the best parties in Westworld. So Logan already knows him and Billy is about to get to know him really well, though it remains to be seen if he views Lazo as a friend. But since TMIB was there for a more primitive phase of Westworld, Billy fits a bit looser since he's seeing a fairly sophisticated version of it that seems on par with TMIB's Westworld. Logan would fit better as he's been going there for a long time and has some vested finances in the company. Which may also give him similar admitting privileges TMIB has.

The biggest piece of confusion is how often have the park owners questioned Delores, how much they know, and what they did to "reset" her. She's exhibiting tremendously disturbing behavior during Billy's visit the park owners seem to not have any clue about in TMIB's visit, though TMIB should know quite a bit about their awareness. He should also know some about this maze if Billy of the "past" accompanies Delores on her path to the maze. The higher ups have clearly been talking to her in the past and there seems to have been a large amount of concern with Billy's visit to Westworld. Granted, he may only follow her partially there and so he only knows about the maze but not anything about where and how it's done, though I think that would be a pretty weird storyline as Billy has nothing much else to do but accompany Delores and Logan at this point. If she went completely bonkers during Billy's time and they simply reset her and put her back to the park, they would be watching her like a hawk for exhibiting any sort of similar behavior (like shooting) during the TMIB's visit if he were really in the future.

THOUGH MAYBE

The maze is a pre-built reset method for the park. I highly doubt this idea, but here goes. Ford and the other programmer's characters may be "in the know" and the maze is made for any hosts who go "rogue" and seek freedom through the maze. So when a host does achieve near sentience it moves toward the maze and upon completing it, the entire park's programming might have some sort of hard reboot. Sort of a way to not reduce their programming and keep things good for the guests but also self ensure the hosts never leave Westworld since it catches them in their development stages. That might explain TMIB, if Billy, seems so exasperated about Delores not remembering him and he seeks the maze to stop it, or give it something "real" and a sense of "finality" that he mentioned the park lacks. It would also fit how Delores is the oldest of the Hosts and may be the first to complete the maze. Like I said, I'm really reaching there but I sort of hope the maze isn't just a super advanced Turing Test. Especially since Ford talked about how years ago the Turing Test was bested by older Hosts.

I think Maeve is gonna try to use her pre-programmed feminine wiles and try to better understand the world and eventually try to get out or start a revolution or something. I think she wants her own programming changed, which is why she made herself present for the guy who's going about programming birds. She's aware she's an automaton of some sort.

All I know is this show definitely has more intrigue for me than GoT or TWD does. Big time. Loving this show.
    so the maze could be a way the upper echelon of the ''Behavior'' department cooked up to keep hosts under control in case they start thinking beyond their loop? I can buy that, and to extrapolate a bit on that there's a second purpose that might work in tandem with that one (implanted by Arnold), basically if the maze ''isn't meant for you'' as the mexican girl put it -- as you said the Hosts get hard rebooted, but if you are who Arnold intended the maze for, you receive some grandiose reward upon solving it

which begs the question, why is Teddy the Host who the maze is meant for

also, a piece of information that caught my attention when I was watching an interview recently with the actress that plays Dolores, where she basically says that Westworld is ''as big as a continent, and the farther out you go the more intense it gets''

the first part in particular, I'm not sure she was supposed to relay that information because that's a pretty, for one it makes you wonder about the state of the world in general outside of Westworld, for people to give that much land to a theme park

another being that we saw one of the hosts venture out of his camp (the one that smashed his head with a rock), might be that he was scouting to see how big the world actually is and was drawing a map of it and pretended he was drawing maps of a constellation (which Bernard confirmed they weren't to that lady from Behavior), and this episode we saw that he had a camera implanted in his arm... but by who

can't wait to see all the pieces fall into places

yeah me too, it's my favorite thing to watch right now :cormag

- - - Updated - - -

edit

Just started watching with my dad and it is a very interesting show, it also shows that humans make for shitty gods, and that robots are just as human as us.

I am Ghaul, and your Light is Mine!

Quote Originally Posted by W e a l t h View Post
    the grapevine informed you correctly

it's the kind of show that gives food for thought, whenever a piece of the puzzle is unveiled it opens up new questions and possibilities to consider and discuss, the writing's quality makes this show really fun to analyze

so the maze could be a way the upper echelon of the ''Behavior'' department cooked up to keep hosts under control in case they start thinking beyond their loop? I can buy that, and to extrapolate a bit on that there's a second purpose that might work in tandem with that one (implanted by Arnold), basically if the maze ''isn't meant for you'' as the mexican girl put it -- as you said the Hosts get hard rebooted, but if you are who Arnold intended the maze for, you receive some grandiose reward upon solving it

which begs the question, why is Teddy the Host who the maze is meant for

also, a piece of information that caught my attention when I was watching an interview recently with the actress that plays Dolores, where she basically says that Westworld is ''as big as a continent, and the farther out you go the more intense it gets''

the first part in particular, I'm not sure she was supposed to relay that information because that's a pretty, for one it makes you wonder about the state of the world in general outside of Westworld, for people to give that much land to a theme park

another being that we saw one of the hosts venture out of his camp (the one that smashed his head with a rock), might be that he was scouting to see how big the world actually is and was drawing a map of it and pretended he was drawing maps of a constellation (which Bernard confirmed they weren't to that lady from Behavior), and this episode we saw that he had a camera implanted in his arm... but by who

can't wait to see all the pieces fall into places

yeah me too, it's my favorite thing to watch right now :cormag

- - - Updated - - -

edit
    I didn't catch that interview, but if that turns out to be the truth? Holy moly. That's MASSIVE. Who knows? Maybe they're on a completely different planet to just have that sort of space allotted to them. What exists on the fringes of the borders to keep the inhabitants in the park? That would be a pretty big piece of information to just drop in an interview, so I'm with you in thinking maybe she wasn't supposed to say that. lol

The head smashing guy with the satellite relay in his arm. I figured he was either malfunctioning during the upload or he had to walk far out to send the information covertly. To be honest I didn't even think that maybe he was mapping something out, though I still think he was malfunctioning somewhat, like his code became corrupted or something. When he busted open his own head I don't think he destroyed his own head as a sort of "protect the humans" either so much as he destroyed his own head so he couldn't be asked questions and whoever is behind it discovered. Which, like you said, begs the question: Who? Maybe Anthony isn't quite as dead as we think he is. Or maybe his "ghost" remains.

Like you said: Every time something comes out to address one of our questions, something even more curious happens.

Quote Originally Posted by COV View Post
    Just started watching with my dad and it is a very interesting show, it also shows that humans make for shitty gods, and that robots are just as human as us.
    It seems like Delores might be one of the most human. Though Ford makes a terrible God, he is one of the best parts of the show. Like a director who just walks in between scenes and walks out without anybody ever taking notice.

@Makenzye; this show makes for award winning from what I have seen.

I am Ghaul, and your Light is Mine!

Intersting...
    You may not like her, but I very much doubt that you will soon forget her.

I just saw a video that breaks down Anthony Hopkins' masterful acting

the scene in the video is easily one of my favorites in the show so far

That was the video that convinced me to give it a try.
    You may not like her, but I very much doubt that you will soon forget her.

You won't regret it.

Alright, downloading the first episode now. I expect this to be good.

Apparently this is a remake and based on a book?

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Alright, downloading the first episode now. I expect this to be good.

Apparently this is a remake and based on a book?
    Based on a movie by Michael Crichton who wrote Jurassic Park. This was done in backwards order where he didn't write a book first.

Alright, saw the first episode. Seems promising.

That old guy in black is creepy. He intrigues me though.

I knew that character wouldn't leave you indifferent, he's played by Ed Harris

there's a lot of theories centered around him and what his end goal is

his name hasn't been revealed yet, so for now we call him ''the man in black''

Yeah, might watch the second episode today or tomorrow.